About This Airport:
Los Angeles Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Los Angeles Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The best spots at TBI are located on the second floor at either end of the food court. Here you will find a small number of padded seating areas (these are about 3-4 feet long, so your legs will dangle), a bunch of plastic chairs, and some carpeted spots. - JoeS
Stayed over in Terminal 4 after arriving on a late flight. I had a surprisingly comfortable time -- I lucked out in terms of being let out in a nice, comfortable Terminal (American Airlines).
Wonderful news: There is free wi-fi now at LAX!! (You do have to periodically view a 15-second ad to get free access.) This made it much easier to pass the time.
There are numerous charging stations throughout the terminal, and other travelers are also staying the night here and there, so you don't feel alone. There is a lot of cleaning happening throughout the terminal, and there is occasional noise from all the cleaning, construction, staff talking loudly to each other, announcements (about every 15-20min), etc. -- but the staff leave you alone, as does the security guy. If you choose your area carefully, you can rest quietly most of the time. (I rested near Gate 40, across the way from the Admirals Club, which was perfect after the cleaning staff passed through.)
If you intend to sleep, there is plenty of carpeted floor space. The traditional, old airport chairs in this terminal all have armrests. The chairs are comfortable for sitting, so you may be able to nap for a while upright. Bring an eye mask, warm clothing, and maybe some earplugs. Also pack yourself some food (everything is closed overnight) and bring a water bottle (you can fill it up at the water fountain near the bathrooms). A little after 4am, the Terminal comes to life with airline staff and passengers. Starbucks seems to open shortly thereafter (ca. 4:30am).
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
Bradley Terminal @ night. Photo: Carlsmith/Wikipedia
LAX features nine terminals connected by a U-shaped two-level roadway. The Tom Bradley International Terminal is the largest of the terminals. For an airport this size, it lacks passenger services. LAX is merely a processing center and not a place to enjoy one's pre-flight or in transit time. Go with low expectations and your time here will be tolerable.
If you are using LAX to connect to another city, go armed with a map and plan your route ahead of time. Inter-terminal transportation is still handled by shuttle buses. If spending the night, you shouldn't have problems, but you will probably have to sleep on the floor, so be prepared with something to lay on and a blanket.
Day passes are available for entry into these lounges:
- reLAX Lounge - The only pay-per-use lounge at LAX that is open to all travellers. Offers complimentary drinks (including beer and wine), snacks, free WiFi. There are no showers in the lounge. Location: Tom Bradley International Terminal (between Terminals 3 and 4), Landside, on the departures level near the food court. Hours: 8:00am - 12:00am. Lounge Access: door rates - from $15 (one hour) to $50 (full day) / US$ 40 per person (3 hours).
- Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, airside, Mezzanine level. Hours: 5am - 10am & 1am - 11pm. Rate: purchase pass at time of flight booking.
- American Admiral's Club Lounge - Location: Airside, Concourse, near Gate 40.
- Delta Sky Club Lounge - Location: Airside, Mezzanine level, between Gates 53 & 55
- United Club - Location: Terminal 7, airside, adjacent to Gates 70A & B. Hours: 5am - 11pm.
- United Club - Location: Terminal 6, airside, Gate 62. Hours: 5am - 1245am.
- US Airways Club Lounge - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, adjacent to gate 2. Hours: 530am - 10pm.
More airline lounges:
- Air France Business Class Lounge - Location: Terminal 2, Airside. Hours: varies
- Alaska Airlines Board Room - Location: Terminal 6, Airside, Mezzanine level, near Gate 64. Hours: 5am - 10pm.
- Skyteam KAL Business Class Lounge - Location: Tom Bradley International Terminal, Airside, 4th Floor, Hours: varies
USO Lounge - The Bob Hope Hollywood USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities: video games, TV lounge, snacks, showers, computers and a library. Location: Arrivals Level, across the roadway between Terminals 1 and 2. Hours: open 24 hours
- Free WiFi is available at Los Angeles.
- Internet kiosks can be found in all terminals and are available on a pay-per-use basis.
If sleeping in the Los Angeles Airport does not appeal to you (and we wouldn't blame you), there are hotels near the airport that offer a free airport shuttle....
- Radisson Hotel - walking distance to the airport. (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Travelodge - beside a 24-hour Dennys (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours. Use courtesy phone for pick-up.)
- Embassy Suites (Shuttle Hours: 24 hour - runs every 15-20 minutes)
- Sheraton Gateway - (Shuttle Hours: 24 hour - runs every 15 minutes)
- Courtyard by Marriott - located less than a block from the airport. (Shuttle Hours: 24-hours)
Shuttle Pick-up: look for the red "Hotel and Courtesy Shuttle" sign outside the terminal.
- Art Exhibits - There are rotating art and photography exhibits in various locations: Terminal 1, Departures Level • Terminal 2, Ticketing & Departures Levels • Terminal 3, Arrivals Level • Terminals 3, Arrivals Level • Tom Bradley International Terminal, Customs Hallway
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Locations: on the departures and arrival levels in all terminals at LAX
- Car Rentals - Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • Fox • Payless • National • Thrifty. Location: look for the purple "Rental Car Shuttles" sign on the Lower/Arrivals Level islands outside baggage claim. The shuttles will take you to the rental offices.
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food / Dining - At the time of this update there were no 24-hour food or beverage concessions.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Smoking - Not permitted inside the airport. There are probably designated areas outside the terminal, but I do not know where they are.
open 24 hours
Download a terminal map
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page or email me and I will try to help (I can't make any promises though).
Last Updated: 28 June 2012
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.