McAllen-Miller Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our McAllen-Miller Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
No sleeping overnight but there are a couple of decent hotels across the street. Very walk-able area. - DaninMCI
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at McAllen-Miller Airport.
What to Expect
- This is a small airport with a single terminal.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- The airport is open from 3:00 AM - 12:00 AM, or until last flight arrives. Spending the night here is not permitted.
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport is closed at night, it is not possible to sleep here.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our McAllen-Miller Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
At the time of this update, there are no airport lounges that economy class travellers can pay to use.
Free WiFi is available at McAllen-Miller International Airport.
If sleeping in McAllen-Miller Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Wingate by Wyndham McAllen - Located opposite the airport. Free airport shuttle service is available.
- Courtyard McAllen Airport - Located opposite the airport. Free airport shuttle service is available.
- Staybridge Suites McAllen - Located opposite the airport. Free airport shuttle service is available
To see more options there is a list of hotels near McAllen-Miller Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Duty-free Shopping - At the time of this update, two retails stores were available in the airport: CNBC • Explore McAllen.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, the airport had two dining options available: Coffee Zone (landside, Terminal lobby) and Comfort Zone (airside). Both locations serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, but Comfort Zone serves beer and cocktails in addition to the regular menu.
- Mobile Charging - The airport has electronic charging stations available in the terminal seats.
- Shoe Shine Service - Yes
The airport is open from 3:00AM - 12:00AM or until last flight arrives. Sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Dollar/Thrifty, Enterprise/National, Hertz and Payless. Budget provides free shuttle service from the airport to its nearby off-site location. To request pick up, use the courtesy direct-dial phone on the phone board in Baggage Claim.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Best Western Rose Garden Inn & Suites • Casa De Palmas Renaissance McAllen Hotel • Comfort Inn & Suites • Courtyard McAllen Airport • DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel McAllen • Homewood Suites by Hilton McAllen • Fairfield Inn & Suites McAllen Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Mission • Hilton Garden Inn McAllen Airport • Holiday Inn Express Suites Mission-Mcallen Area • Smart iStay Hotel in McAllen • SpringHill Suites McAllen • Staybridge Suites McAllen • Wingate By Wyndham McAllen.
Last Updated: 21 April 2017
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.