About This Airport:
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Miami Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The best spot is just before concourse A on upper level, there is a quite large alcove where nobody would disturb you. -Sitos
[ submit a photo ]
I flew into Miami at 9pm and my next flight wasn't until 11:30am. Since the airline I used didn't have any flights until morning, I couldn't check in until roughly 7-8am. I came upon your website and thought I'd check out concourse D. I couldn't get to any gates since I hadn't checked in yet, so I looked around for the chapel/bank area. What a find! Before I dozed off I saw one traveler (who went into the chapel), one security guard, and one custodian. There are men's and women's bathrooms behind Bank of America along with water fountains and two chairs. The floor is carpeted and there are plenty of outlets if you need them. The lighting isn't very dim, but there's no announcements. Can't complain about the temperature, either. The Bank of America ATM brings in a little bit of foot traffic near the escalator and chapel, but if you camp out in the back corridor they won't go past you at all. The only downside is once you're up there you're pretty far from any of the 24 hour food joints, so make sure to grab what you need before you get settled.
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
You can buy a day pass (US$ 50) to enter the following lounges:
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Concourse D, airside, across from Gate D30. Hours: 430am - 1130pm.
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Concourse D - on the 3rd floor above Gate D16. Hours: 430am - 1130pm.
- Delta Airlines Sky Club - Location: Concourse H, airside, level 4. Hours: 5am - 11pm
- Club America - Location: Concourse F, airside, level 3. Hours: varies. Showers are available for an additional fee. Lounge Access: US$ 40 per person (3 hours).
- Club America - Location: Concourse J South, airside, past Gate J5. Showers are available for an additional fee. Hours: 7am - 10pm. Lounge Access: US$ 40 per person (3 hours).
- WiFi is available at Miami Airport at various hotspots terminals D, E, F, G, H and J for a fee.
- Internet workstations are available in these locations (fees apply):
- South Terminal on the 7th Floor
- The Lobby Bar of the Miami International Airport Hotel - located at Concourse E on the departure level of the main terminal.
- Business Center - located Airside, between Concourse H & J
If sleeping in the Miami Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel inside the airport....
- Miami International Airport Hotel - Location: Central Terminal E, Level 2. Day rooms are offered from 10am-6pm.
There are also many hotels near the airport that offer a free airport shuttle:
- Sheraton Miami Airport (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours. Pick-up every 15 minutes.)
- Red Roof Inn Miami Airport
- Embassy Suites (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
More Services & Facilities
- Art Exhibitions - There are several galleries and exhibits located throughout the terminals (landside and airside).
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Car Rentals - Ace • Alamo • All-Day • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Excellence Luxury Car • E-Z • Global • Hertz • National • Payless • P &P • Royal • Thrifty. Location: Rental Car Center, accessible by shuttle bus.
- Chapel - There is a non-denominational chapel room located in the North Terminal D, Level 4.
- Currency Exchange - There a foreign currency counters located throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Food / Dining - There are 24-hour food and beverage options at the Miami airport in the Central Terminal (Dunkin Donuts and Subway) and the South Terminal (Coffee Beanery).
>>>Landside: Dunkin' Donuts • Subway • Coffee Beanery • Au Bon Pain • Fresh Attractions • Sbarros • Great American Bagel • Pizza Hut • Starbucks • Burger King • Chili's To Go • and many more.
>>>Airside: there are many dining option post-security, although no 24 hour dining.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - Location: Central Terminal E, Level 2. Hours: 5am - 9pm. Rate: varies according to the size of the baggage.
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - Available in the Admiral's Club Lounge and Club America lounges.
open 24 hours
Last Updated: 29 June 2012 | Sources: Miami International Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.