In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Miami Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The best spot is just before concourse A on upper level, there is a quite large alcove where nobody would disturb you. -Sitos
I flew into Miami at 9pm and my next flight wasn't until 11:30am. Since the airline I used didn't have any flights until morning, I couldn't check in until roughly 7-8am. I came upon your website and thought I'd check out concourse D. I couldn't get to any gates since I hadn't checked in yet, so I looked around for the chapel/bank area. What a find! Before I dozed off I saw one traveler (who went into the chapel), one security guard, and one custodian. There are men's and women's bathrooms behind Bank of America along with water fountains and two chairs. The floor is carpeted and there are plenty of outlets if you need them. The lighting isn't very dim, but there's no announcements. Can't complain about the temperature, either. The Bank of America ATM brings in a little bit of foot traffic near the escalator and chapel, but if you camp out in the back corridor they won't go past you at all. The only downside is once you're up there you're pretty far from any of the 24 hour food joints, so make sure to grab what you need before you get settled.
Have you been to Miami Airport recently? Tell us about it!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
You can buy a day pass (US$ 50) to enter the following lounges:
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Concourse D, airside, across from Gate D30. Hours: 430am - 1130pm.
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - Location: Concourse D - on the 3rd floor above Gate D16. Hours: 430am - 1130pm.
- Delta Airlines Sky Club - Location: Concourse H, airside, level 4. Hours: 5am - 11pm
- Club America - Location: Concourse F, airside, level 3. Hours: varies. Showers are available for an additional fee. Lounge Access: £25.00 per person for 3 hours (online) to guarantee that you have a seat. » book lounge
- Club America - Location: Concourse J South, airside, past Gate J5. Showers are available for an additional fee. Hours: 7am - 10pm. Lounge Access: unknown
A military hospitality lounge is available for active and retired military travelers. Inside this volunteer-run lounge you will have complimentary snacks and beverages, magazines, TV and Free WiFi. Location: Concourse E, Central Terminal, Level 2. Hours: 9am - 9pm.
- WiFi is available at Miami Airport at various hotspots terminals D, E, F, G, H and J for a fee. There are certain web sites (the airport, local hotels and car rental companies) that you can visit for free if you visit http://airportwifi.com/MIA/ on your mobile device.
- Internet workstations are available in these locations (fees apply):
- South Terminal on the 7th Floor
- The Lobby Bar of the Miami International Airport Hotel - located at Concourse E on the departure level of the main terminal.
- Business Center - located Airside, between Concourse H & J
If sleeping in the Miami Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel inside the airport....
- Miami International Airport Hotel - Location: Central Terminal E, Level 2. Day rooms are offered from 10am-6pm.
There are also many hotels near the airport that offer a free airport shuttle:
- Sheraton Miami Airport (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours. Pick-up every 15 minutes.)
- Red Roof Inn Miami Airport
- Embassy Suites (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Miami Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
More Services & Facilities
- Art Exhibitions - There are several galleries and exhibits located throughout the terminals (landside and airside).
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Car Rentals - Ace • Alamo • All-Day • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Excellence Luxury Car • E-Z • Global • Hertz • National • Payless • P &P • Royal • Thrifty. Location: Rental Car Center, accessible by shuttle bus.
- Business Center - The International Currency Exchange Business Center has 5 computers with internet access and printing capability.
- Chapel - There is a non-denominational chapel room located in the North Terminal D, Level 4. Hours: unknown, but a reader let us know that it is not open 24 hours hours. Not overnight sleeping allowed here.
- Currency Exchange - There a foreign currency counters located throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Food & Drinks - There are 24-hour food and beverage options at the Miami airport in the Central Terminal (Dunkin Donuts and Subway) and the South Terminal (Coffee Beanery).
»Landside: Dunkin' Donuts • Subway • Coffee Beanery • Au Bon Pain • Fresh Attractions • Sbarros • Great American Bagel • Pizza Hut • Starbucks • Burger King • Chili's To Go • and many more.
»Airside: there are many dining option post-security, although no 24 hour dining.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Location: Central Terminal E, Level 2. Hours: 5am - 9pm. Rate: varies according to the size of the baggage.
- Showers - Available in the Admiral's Club Lounge and Club America lounges.
- Therapy Dog - Be on the look out for the airport's trained therapy dog, a golden retriever that walks around the terminal two days a week with its owner to snuggle with dog loving travelers.
open 24 hours
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Miami, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2014 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2014.
- Submit your Airport Review - Register to submit your airport review or simply email your annonymous review to me and I will add it to the database.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 20 January 2014
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.