About This Airport:
Minneapolis St. Paul Airport
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Minneapolis-St.Paul Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Soft seats, cushions and blankets are all upstairs on floor 3 overlooking the check in area. - John S
I love your site, and as a Non-rev (airline employee spouse) traveler I frequently use it, (but just became a member). Using the past few reviews for MSP I immediately got a mat (and pillow & blanket). Knowing right where to head I went to the second floor area directly above the entrance to terminal E. The area was clean and quiet. We put the mats down against front wall and drifted off until they started to test the fire alarm for 5 minutes straight.
Other than the alarm, the accommodations were great and very much appreciated. As an additional note, the presence of 24 hr restaurants is great.
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
Day passes can be purchased to enter these airline lounges at the Minneapolis airport:
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse C
- Delta Sky Club - Concourse F/G
- United Club - Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse E, between E6 and E8. Hours: 515am - 715pm.
- WiFi is available at the MSP Airport for a fee.
- Internet kiosks are available on Concourse C through G
If sleeping in the Minneapolis Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport with a free airport shuttle:
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout both Terminals (landside and airside).
- Business Centers: Self service business centers offer travelers use of semi-private work stations. Locatiosn: Terminal 1 - Concourses A, B, C, D, E and F. Terminal 2 - Across from Gate H3. Hours: 24 hours.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National. Locations: Terminal 1 (Lindbergh), 2nd and 3rd levels between the Blue and Red parking ramps • Terminal 2 (Humphrey), Ground Transport Center, ground level of the purple parking ramp.
- Charging Stations:
Free charging stations are available throughout the airport.
Terminal 1-Lindbergh: A2, B4, C1, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C12, C13/14, D3, D5, E2, E9, E8, F1, F8, F13, G13
Terminal 2-Humphrey: H3, H4, H8, H10
- Children's Play Areas: Locations: Terminal 1, Concourse C, airside • Terminal 2, Level 2, airside.
- Cots - In the event of bad weather or delays, this airport has a supply of cots for stranded travellers. Tricia on our Facebook tells us "They will provide sleeping mats for canceled flights. 4 or 5 times my daughter and I have slept in the kids playground control tower. It also has nice padded benches. You do have to listen to the Bob the Builder ride all night, "Can We Do It? Yes We Can!!!""
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has offices in both Terminals. Locations: Terminal 1, between Doors 5 & 6 in the Ticketing Lobby, landside (hours: 6am - 9pm) • Terminal 2, in the Ticketing Lobby, landside (hours: varies). There are foreign currency ATMs located in these areas: Terminal 1, Concourse G, airside • Terminal 2, near Gate H6, airside.
- Food / Dining - At the time of this guide update, the only 24-hour food concession I am aware of is Subway (Concourse G, Gate 1).
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - The lockers can accommodate carry-on-sized luggage. For security purposes, lockers are equipped with fingerprint technology to ensure only those who store the bags can retrieve them. Locations: near Gate C2, C13, entrance to Concourse F. Rate: $4 for first 4 hours; $8 per day.
- Mall of America (off-site): Go shopping, catch a movie, visit the aquarium or take the kids to Nickelodeon Theme Park. To get there, take the Light Rail Transit (LRT) three stops to Mall of America (12 minutes).
- Massage Chairs: Location: Near Gates C1, C6, C12, C15, C21, E1, and F3 Rate: $1 for 3 minutes, or $5 for 15 minutes
- Quiet Seating Area -
Location: airside, Mezzanine Level overlooking the Airport Mall. Take the stairs or elevator next to Chili's Too and the Delta Sky Club up one level and take a left. The quiet seating area is on your right.
- Power Seating: The food courts in Terminal 1 have large counter with power outlets.
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - Information not available
- Video Arcade: Locations: Coucourse C, near Gate 1 / Concourse F / Concourse G and Terminal 2. Hours: open 24 hours
- Walking Path: Walk the official Start! Walking Path, a 1.4-mile walking path in Terminal 1-Lindbergh. See the brochure here (there is a free Subway sandwich coupon)
open 24 hours
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page or email me and I will try to help (I can't make any promises though).
Last Updated: 30 June 2012 | Sources: Minneapolis Saint Paul International Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.