Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Minneapolis-St.Paul Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Soft seats, cushions and blankets are all upstairs on floor 3 overlooking the check in area.
- John S
I love your site, and as a Non-rev (airline employee spouse) traveler I frequently use it, (but just became a member). Using the past few reviews for MSP I immediately got a mat (and pillow & blanket). Knowing right where to head I went to the second floor area directly above the entrance to terminal E. The area was clean and quiet. We put the mats down against front wall and drifted off until they started to test the fire alarm for 5 minutes straight.
Other than the alarm, the accommodations were great and very much appreciated. As an additional note, the presence of 24 hr restaurants is great.
Have you been to Minneapolis Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Minneapolis airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Airside, F/G Concourse, the entrance is located at the beginning of the F concourse. Hours: 4:30AM - 10:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Airside, Concourse C, next to Gate C12. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- United Club - Location: Terminal 1 Lindbergh, Airside, Concourse E, between Gates E6 and E8. Hours: 4:30AM - 7:15PM (Sun - Fri) • 4:30AM - 5:15PM (Sat). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • United Club Membership.
Free WiFi is available at Minneapolis Airport in both terminals once you pass through security for 45 minutes. Connect to the "MSP-WiFi" network. For faster, commercial free service, the airport's premium WiFi service is $ 2.95 for 24 hours.
- Internet kiosks are available on Concourse C through G
If sleeping in Minneapolis Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hilton Minneapolis St Paul Airport Mall of America - (8 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and Mall of America. For airport pick-up, call the hotel at 952-854-2100 from Terminal 1.
- Hyatt Place Minneapolis Airport South - (8 min from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle service available. Shuttle also goes to Mall of America.
- Embassy Suites Minneapolis Airport - (8 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service also goes to Mall of America.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Minneapolis Airport-Mall Area - (11 min from the airport) Free 24-hour shuttle to the airport and Mall of America.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Minneapolis Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout both Terminals (landside and airside).
- Business Centers: Self service business centers offer travellers use of semi-private work stations. Locations: Terminal 1 - Concourses A, B, C, D, E and F. Terminal 2 - Across from Gate H3. Hours: 24 hours.
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National. Locations: Terminal 1 (Lindbergh), 2nd and 3rd levels between the Blue and Red parking ramps • Terminal 2 (Humphrey), Ground Transport Center, ground level of the purple parking ramp.
- Children's Play Areas: Locations: Terminal 1, Concourse C, airside • Terminal 2, Level 2, airside.
- Cots - In the event of bad weather or delays, the airport has a limited supply of sleeping mats for passenger use. Mats are distributed at an airline’s request when local hotels are full or near capacity. The mats are distributed in these areas: outside the secure area on the Mezzanine overlooking the Ticketing Lobby above Door 4 or inside the secure area near Checkpoint 3 in the Airport Mall, on Concourse C and near gates G1-G6. Tricia on our Facebook tells us "They will provide sleeping mats for canceled flights. 4 or 5 times my daughter and I have slept in the kids playground control tower. It also has nice padded benches. You do have to listen to the Bob the Builder ride all night, "Can We Do It? Yes We Can!!!""
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has offices in both terminals. Locations: Terminal 1, between Doors 5 & 6 in the Ticketing Lobby, landside (hours: 6am - 9pm) • Terminal 2, in the Ticketing Lobby, landside (hours: varies). There are foreign currency ATMs located in these areas: Terminal 1, Concourse G, airside • Terminal 2, near Gate H6, airside.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update, these were the 24-hour food concessions: McDonalds (Airside, Concourse D) • Subway (Airside, Concourse G, Gate 1).
- Games Rooms - Location: Terminal 2, Concourse H • Terminal 1, Concourses C, G and F.
- Information Desk - An information desk on Level T at Terminal 1-Lindbergh is staffed seven days a week, 6:00AM to 12:00AM. The central office is located near the entrance to Concourse D at the Lindbergh Terminal and is open daily from 8:00AM - 8:00PM Holiday hours vary. And there are black phones located throughout the airport, needs assistance, they are staffed from 8:00AM - 10:00PM.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers -The lockers can accommodate carry-on-sized luggage. For security purposes, lockers are equipped with fingerprint technology to ensure only those who store the bags can retrieve them. Locations: near Gate C2, C13, entrance to Concourse F. Rate: $4 for first 4 hours; $8 per day.
- Mall of America (off-site): Go shopping, catch a movie, visit the aquarium or take the kids to Nickelodeon Theme Park. To get there, take the Light Rail Transit (LRT) three stops to Mall of America (12 minutes).
- Massage Chairs: Location: Near Gates C1, C6, C12, C15, C21, E1, and F3 Rate: $1 for 3 minutes, or $5 for 15 minutes
- Mobile Charging - In additional to the electrical outlets throughout the terminal, travellers can use other free mobile charging stations located throughout the terminals. There are specific power seating locations in the Airport Mall food court • Concourse A, C, E and F food courts. Delta Airlines also provides free mobile charging stations at its gates. Samsung Power Pole locations include:
- Terminal 1(Lindbergh): Gates A2, B4, C1, C3, C5, C6, C8, C9, C12, C13/14, D3, D5, E2, E9, E8, F1, F8, F13
- Terminal 2 (Humphrey): Gates H3, H4, H8, H10
- Power Seating: The food courts in Terminal 1 have large counter with power outlets.
- Rest Zone - The airport offers a quiet seating area. Location: airside, Mezzanine Level overlooking the Airport Mall. Take the stairs or elevator next to Chili's Too and the Delta Sky Club up one level and take a left. The quiet seating area is on your right.
- Salon and Spa - XpresSpa Region Salon offers a full range of spa services including massage therapy, reflexogoly, facials, waxing, mani pedis, and hair styling. Locations: entrance to Concourse D • Concourse F, near Gate 6 (Hours: 4:30am - 10pm) • MSP Airport Mall (Hours: 7am - 9pm).
- Showers - Available in the XpresSpa. Locations: entrance to Concourse C, D. Hours: 6am - 10pm. Rate: $40 for 30 minutes.
- Video Arcade: Locations: Concourse C, near Gate 1 • Concourse F, near Gate 7 • Concourse G, near Gate 7 • Terminal 2. Hours: open 24 hours
- Walking Path: Walk the official Start! Walking Path, a 1.4-mile walking path in Terminal 1-Lindbergh. See the brochure here (there is a free Subway sandwich coupon)
The airport is open 24 hours.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Minneapolis Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 08 June 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.