About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Newark Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The seats aren't that comfortable, but a staff member came around handing out blankets and pillows to anyone who wanted them. - unknown
Airside, Terminal B. Photo by sleepinginairports.net
[ submit a photo ]
After a late international arrival I spent the night before a connection in EWR. I was concerned that after clearing customs I would not be able to get back in to the secured area (airside). Fortunately, the security checkpoint C-1 is open 24/7 and did not balk that my flight was 6 hours later (and in a different terminal!).
I slept in the center C concourse where it was relatively quiet. No overhead announcements came on until about 4am. There were TVs playing CNN but only sporadically. The moving walkways continued running and were somewhat squeaky. The cleaning staff was quiet. It wasn't terribly cold but at 1am a janitor offered me a blanket, which I welcomed.
In this concourse there was no food or stores open, just bathrooms and water fountains. All the seats had arm rests so after a while I slept on the floor. It was clean enough and safe, no one bothered me the whole night. There were about a dozen other people in the concourse, plus staff. In a pinch, I would do it again.
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
Day passes can be purchased to enter these airline lounges at the Newark airport:
- American Admiral's Club
- Delta Sky Club
- United Club - Location: Terminal A2, airside, near Gate 20. Showers are available. Hours: varies
- United Club - Location: Terminal C, airside, gate C120. Showers are available. Hours: varies.
- United Club - Location: Terminal C, airside, gate C74. Hours: 6am - 10pm.
Other airline lounges:
- Porter Airlines - Location: Terminal B, airside
- Virgin Atlantic - Location: Terminal B, landside
WiFi is available at LaGuardia Airport for a fee. Connect to the Boingo network. Rate: $4.95/hour or $7.95 per day
If sleeping in the Newark Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport with a free airport shuttle:
- Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott - located on airport grounds. (Shuttle Hours: on request. The shuttle picks-up from all Terminals. Use the courtesy phones for pick-up).
- Holiday Inn (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Wyndham Garden (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours - runs every 30 minutes)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Newark Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
The Hotel shuttles pick-up passengers from Station P4 unless you are advised otherwise.
If you have been stranded at Newark airport due to a storm, airport officials will bring out cots and blankets for stranded passengers at night. If you are trying to decide whether to book a room or stay the night, ask someone in a red coat when the cots will be coming out. Speaking from my experience at Terminal B, I can confirm that both airside and landside seating have armrests and the terminal is cold with a few warm pockets here and there. This is a miserable terminal with nothing to do or entertain yourself.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available airside and landside.
- Car Rentals - Avis (P3) • Budget (P2) • Dollar (P2) • Enterprise (P3) • Hertz (P3) • National (P3). Locations: Take the AIr Train to P2 or P3 stations.
- Chapel - Location: Landside, Terminal C, between between gates C70-99 and C101-115
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has foreign exchange counters at Terminals A (airside near TGIF), B (landside and airside) and C (airside).
- Food / Dining - There are many dining options landside and airside. Subway (located in Terminal B, landside) is open 24 hours. Eat before you go through to security. Food airside is very expensive. I paid $10 for a water and ham sandwich. Yikes!
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
open 24 hours
Airport Transportation: Getting There
- NJTransit + AirTrain. From New York City Penn Station take the train to the Newark Airport Rail Station. Connect to the AirTrain which will stop at each terminal. Fare: US$ 12.50 + 5.50 ticket fee.
Last Updated: 06 October 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.