About This Airport:
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Newark Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The seats aren't that comfortable, but a staff member came around handing out blankets and pillows to anyone who wanted them. - unknown
Airside, Terminal B. Photo by sleepinginairports.net
[ submit a photo ]
I arrived at Newark from Central America at 9:30pm and my connecting flight to Canada wasnt til 8:30am the next morning.Totally broke and couldnt afford Train or Hotel so decided to spend night in airport.Overall it was decent.Stayed by the Check In counters On some empty restaurant style booth chairs with the Table attached.While they werent the most comfortable I was able to rest for a few hours Un bothered by anyone.Every 5-7 minutes a security announcement would come on but it wasnt terribly loud.The airport was cold and the gate area didnt open til 4:30.To make matters worse my flight was delayed til 10am and I slept somemore in the gate area where it was warmer but the seats had arm rest and less comfy to rest.There are several fast food joints open 24 hours a day if you want to eat and the bathrooms were clean.Free water was available at the Water Fountain.While I wouldnt want to sleep in any airport by choice..I would overnight at Newark if I had to.
The last review for this airport was in 2011. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
Day passes can be purchased to enter these airline lounges at the Newark airport:
- American Admiral's Club
- Delta Sky Club
- United Club - Location: Terminal A2, airside, near Gate 20. Showers are available. Hours: varies
- United Club - Location: Terminal C, airside, gate C120. Showers are available. Hours: varies.
- United Club - Location: Terminal C, airside, gate C74. Hours: 6am - 10pm.
Other airline lounges:
- Porter Airlines - Location: Terminal B, airside
- Virgin Atlantic - Location: Terminal B, landside
WiFi is available at LaGuardia Airport for a fee. Connect to the Boingo network. Rate: $4.95/hour or $7.95 per day
If sleeping in the Newark Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport with a free airport shuttle:
- Newark Liberty International Airport Marriott - located on airport grounds. (Shuttle Hours: on request. The shuttle picks-up from all Terminals. Use the courtesy phones for pick-up).
- Holiday Inn (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Wyndham Garden (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours - runs every 30 minutes)
The Hotel shuttles pick-up passengers from Station P4 unless you are advised otherwise.
If you have been stranded at Newark airport due to a storm, airport officials will bring out cots and blankets for stranded passengers at night. If you are trying to decide whether to book a room or stay the night, ask someone in a red coat when the cots will be coming out. Speaking from my experience at Terminal B, I can confirm that both airside and landside seating have armrests and the terminal is cold with a few warm pockets here and there. This is a miserable terminal with nothing to do or entertain yourself.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available airside and landside.
- Car Rentals - Avis (P3) • Budget (P2) • Dollar (P2) • Enterprise (P3) • Hertz (P3) • National (P3). Locations: Take the AIr Train to P2 or P3 stations.
- Chapel - Location: Landside, Terminal C, between between gates C70-99 and C101-115
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has foreign exchange counters at Terminals A (airside near TGIF), B (landside and airside) and C (airside).
- Food / Dining - There are many dining options landside and airside. Subway (located in Terminal B, landside) is open 24 hours. Eat before you go through to security. Food airside is very expensive. I paid $10 for a water and ham sandwich. Yikes!
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - not available
open 24 hours
Airport Transportation: Getting There
- NJTransit + AirTrain. From New York City Penn Station take the train to the Newark Airport Rail Station. Connect to the AirTrain which will stop at each terminal. Fare: US$ 12.50 + 5.50 ticket fee.
If you have questions about this airport that are not answered here or in the airport reviews, post a question on our Facebook Page or email me and I will try to help (I can't make any promises though).
Last Updated: 02 April 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.