Orlando Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Orlando Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel at the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I have slept at Orlando International so many times in recent years that I now don't even consider getting a hotel if I will only be in town for one night. - Tom
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Orlando International Airport.
What to Expect
- Orlando Airport has a hub and spoke layout consisting of a large main terminal and 4 airside concourses that are accessible via an elevated people mover.
- Each of the four airside areas has one restaurant (which varies) that stays open until the last flight Others close at 10 pm or earlier.
- Free WiFi is available throughout the airport. See WiFi information below.
- McDonald’s in the main terminal is open 24 hours.
- Airside has plenty of charging stations; there are fewer options landside, especially in the food court area.
Where to Sleep
- Hard benches, armchairs, and some small couches are available landside. Although, one reviwer spotted some comfortable seats near the United check-in.
- The main terminal food court has some padded benches; however, it is closed periodically for cleaning.
- The car rental level is warmer than the Departures level.
- It is possible to sleep airside; however, if you leave after the TSA stations close, you will not be allowed back in until the next morning.
- Airside has hard wooden benches and padded armchairs.
- Noise can be an issue day and night. Bring some earplugs or noise cancelling headphones!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel within the airport and accessible from the public area. There are many hotels near the airport that provide a free airport shuttle. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in our airport guide below.
- Showers are available at The Club at MCO. See Airport Lounges in our airport guide below.
- TSA stations close after the last flight of the day and don’t reopen until 5 am.
- The Lobby Bar in the east hall of the main terminal is open 5 pm to 1 am Monday through Saturday, and 4 pm to 1 am on Sunday.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our Orlando Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Orlando airport either by purchasing a lounge pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- The Club at MCO - This lounge is available to all travellers no matter what class of service or airline. Showers and a designated rest zone are available. Location: Terminal B, Airside 4, near gate 91. Hours: 6:00AM - 9:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 40.00) • Save $5 when you Book Online (US$ 35.00 - minimum 24 hour advance purchase is required)
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Terminal B, Airside, Center Atrium Area. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$59.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- United Club - Location: Terminal B, Airside, near Gate 43. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 59.00) • United Club Membership.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to members of the US military and their families. Locations: Terminal A, Landside, Level 1. Hours: 6:00AM - 10:00PM.
If sleeping in Orlando Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport - Located inside the main terminal on level 4, directly above the security entrance to Gates 60-129. They offer Day Rooms between 10:00AM to 6:00PM.
- Ramada Suites Orlando Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Holiday Inn Express Orlando International Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius).
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Orlando Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Free WiFi is available at Orlando Airport.
- Internet kiosks available airside near the gates and there are a few landside on Level 3.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available throughout the airport before and after security.
- Baggage Carts - SmarteCartes are available throughout the terminal and parking garage. Rate: unknown
- Bowling Alley (off-site) - If you are travelling with friends and need something to do for an extended layover, take a taxi to Three Points Bowling (located approx. 5 miles/9 minutes from the airport @ 7474 Hoffner Avenue)
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Chapel - Location: Main terminal, Airside, beyond the west security checkpoint (Gates 1-59).
- Currency Exchange - Interchange booths are located in the Main Terminal (East and West Halls) and in Airside 4 (Gates 70 - 99).
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty free shopping is available at DFASS Duty Free from 5:00AM until the last flight departure of the day. Two locations: (Airside 1, Gates 20 - 29) and (Airside 4, Gates 70 - 99).
- Food & Drinks - Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours: McDonald’s (Main Terminal), Starbucks (Main Terminal - East Hall).
- Information Desk - Desks are located on Level 3 before the entrances to Airside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging Stations - Locations: Gate areas in the Airside 3 and Airside 4 sections.
- Rest Zones - While there are no reclining loungers, the hotel atrium between Terminal A and Terminal B offers a relaxing spot to wait.
- Showers - Showers are available in the Club at MCO lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Smoking Areas - Smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the airport.
- Spa - Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and more at Terminal Getaway Spa (Airside 2, Gates 100 - 129) or XpresSpa (Airside 1, Gates 1 - 29 • Airside 3, Gates 30 - 59 • Airside 4, Gates 70 - 99 • Main Terminal - South Walk). Hours for all locations: 7:00AM - 9:00PM daily.
- Traveler's Aid - This is a non-profit organization that assists stranded and distressed passengers. Volunteers assist passengers with general airport and destination queries to assisting with situations such as transportation assistance, lost or stolen money, wiring money, emergency housing, etc. Location: unknown. Hours: unknown.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Download the terminal maps
The Orlando Amtrak is located near Downtown Orlando. A taxi or shuttle ride will take you there in approximately 17 minutes, depending on traffic. A taxi or shuttle can be located from Terminals A and B, Ground Transportation levels.
However, there are two other transportation alternatives you may consider: SunRail or Bus.
The advantage to the SunRail is that it will take you directly to the Amtrak Station. From Terminal A, Ground Transportation, go to Commercial Lane spaces A38-A41 and pick up a Lynx local bus. It’s first stop should be the Sand Lake Road SunRail station. From there, take the SunRail Northbound to the Health/Amtrak station. The train departs Sand Lake Road every 30 minutes and the full ride should be less than 10 minutes. Hours of operation: 5:30AM to 9:30PM (Monday - Friday).
The advantage to the Lynx local bus is that it runs 7 days a week. From Terminal A, Ground Transportation, Commercial Lane spaces A38-A41 board a Lynx local bus heading towards Downtown Orlando. You will need to get off at South Orange Avenue and Columbia Street. You will then need to walk about 8 minutes to the Amtrak station on the Northwest side of the hospital.
Public buses to downtown Orlando, International Drive, Florida Mall/SeaWorld and the Sand Lake Road SunRail station are available at Terminal A in Commercial Lane spaces A38-A41 on the Ground Transportation Level. The fare is $2.00, and connecting routes are available. For more information, visit the Lynx web site.
Most major car rental agencies operate onsite at the airport. Car rental check-in desks are located on the Ground Transportation Level (Level 1) of Terminals A and B, eliminating the need for shuttle bus service to a separate rental area. The following agencies can be found at the airport: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, E-Z Rent A Car, Firefly, Hertz, National and Thrifty. Additional rental agencies are located off-site, and provide courtesy shuttle service to and from the airport.
Many hotels in the area provide courtesy airport shuttle service. The hotel shuttle bus stop is located at Terminal B in Commercial Lane spaces B42-B47 on the Ground Transportation Level. Ask your hotel about shuttle service details and availability. The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Orlando Airport • Courtyard Orlando Airport • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando Airport • Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport • Hampton Inn Orlando-International Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village • Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport • Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport • Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando Airport • Hyatt Place Orlando Airport • Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Airport North • Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel • Residence Inn Orlando Airport • Wingate by Wyndham at Orlando International Airport.
Out-of-town shuttles can be found on the Ground Transportation Level of Terminal A (Commercial Lane space A15) and Terminal B (Commercial Lane space B13). These shuttles are run by private companies, and offer service to the Northeast region (Flagler and Volusia counties); Southeast region (Brevard county and its beaches); Southwest region (Highlands and Polk counties); and the Northwest region (Alachua, Lake and Marion counties). Out-of-town shuttles are not allowed to provide service to Orlando or other destinations within Orange, Osceola and Seminole counties.
Shared Ride Shuttles
Mears Transportation provides shared ride shuttle service and chauffeured transportation to and from Orlando International Airport. You can check-in for your ride or book your transfer at one of several Mears Transportation desks located in both airport terminals. Shuttles can be found at Terminal A in Commercial Lane spaces A9-A10 and A36-A37 on the Ground Transportation Level, and at Terminal B in Commercial Lane spaces B9-B10 and B40-B41 on the Ground Transportation Level.
The SunRail is a commuter train system that services the Orlando metropolitan area. SunRail is connected to Orlando International Airport by the Lynx bus line which runs between the airport and Sand Lake Road SunRail station.
Taxis can be hired at Terminal A in Commercial Lane spaces A5-A8 and A22-A25 on the Ground Transportation Level, and Terminal B in Commercial Lane spaces B5-B8 and B30-B34 on the Ground Transportation Level. Taxis that are authorized to pick up at Orlando International Airport must charge the metered rate. Flat rates are not allowed.
Last Updated: 13 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.