Orlando Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Orlando Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel at the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I have slept at Orlando International so many times in recent years that I now don't even consider getting a hotel if I will only be in town for one night. - Tom
We stayed the night at Orlando Airport because we had a 9 hour overnight layover. Had planned on staying in airport hotel, but was $150 and we would have stayed 5 hours. This airport is super clean, safe and there are tons of places to sleep: long benches with cushions by the bathrooms, lots of cushioned chairs with near by ottomans. we slept on a long curved cushioned bench in the food court. Back of bench was a huge wall of plants,that provided some privacy; benches faced the center of the food court that had a huge fish tank which was soothing. The lighting was dim, and the announcements not too loud. I wore foam earplugs and was out. McDonald's was right there and opened at 0430. Starbucks was open all night. I'll never get a hotel if I have another overlay in Orlando.
Have you been to Orlando Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Orlando airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Airside, Center Atrium Area. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- United Club - Location: Terminal B, Airside, near Gate 43. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • United Club Membership.
- Free WiFi is available at Orlando Airport.
- Internet kiosks available airside near the gates and there are a few landside on Level 3.
If sleeping in Orlando Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport - Located inside the main terminal on level 4, directly above the security entrance to Gates 60-129. They offer Day Rooms between 10am to 6pm, starting at $99 + tax.
- Ramada Suites Orlando Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village- (5 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport - (5 min from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius).
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Orlando Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Available throughout the airport before and after security.
- Baggage Carts - SmarteCartes are available throughout the terminal and parking garage. Rate: unknown
- Bowling Alley (off-site) - If you are travelling with friends and need something to do for an extended layover, take a taxi to Three Points Bowling (located approx. 5 miles/9 minutes from the airport @ 7474 Hoffner Avenue)
- Chapel - Location: Main terminal, Airside, beyond the west security checkpoint (Gates 1-59).
- Currency Exchange - Location: Level 3, Landside, near the Ticketing Counters • Airside 2, in the Gates 60-99 area.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it was not known if there were any 24 hour food or beverage concessions.
- Information Desk - Desks are located on Level 3 before the entrances to Airside.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Mobile Charging Stations: Locations: Gate areas in the Airside 3 and Airside 4 sections.
- Rest Zones - While there are no reclining loungers, the hotel atrium between Terminal A and Terminal B offers a relaxing spot to wait.
- Showers - not available
- Smoking Areas - Smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the airport.
- Spa - XpresSpa and Gateway Spa - Available airside, in all 4 gates sections. Hours: unknown.
- Traveler's Aid - This is a non-profit organization that assists stranded and distressed passengers. Volunteers assist passengers with general airport and destination queries to assisting with situations such as transportation assistance, lost or stolen money, wiring money, emergency housing, etc. Location: unknown. Hours: unknown.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Download the terminal maps
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • E-Z • Firefly • Hertz • L&M • National • Thrifty. Location: Ground Transportation Level, Level One.
- Local bus - there are local buses that will take you to downtown Orlando (40 minutes - Lynx bus # 11 or 51) and even Walt Disney World (75 minutes - Lynx bus # 111).
Boarding area: On the A-side of the Main Terminal, Ground Transportation (Level 1)
- Hotel shuttles - some hotels offer complimentary transfers
- Taxis, shuttle buses and the usual means of transportation are also available.
We Need Your Feedback!
The SleepingInAirports community depends on travellers, like you, to share their airport experiences through airport reviews and survey responses. If you had a good or bad experience at Orlando Airport, tell us about it!
- Complete the 2015 Airport Survey - Your responses to this short (and easy!) questionnaire will help us determine the Best and Worst Airports of 2015.
- Write a Review - Please take a few minutes to write your airport review. Whether you provided a quick tip or a detailed review, you will be helping other travellers in a similar situation. Leave a guest review OR register for an account.
Thank you for helping the Community!
Last Updated: 09 June 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.