About This Airport:
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Orlando Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel at the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
I have slept at Orlando International so many times in recent years that I now don't even consider getting a hotel if I will only be in town for one night. - Tom
We stayed the night at Orlando Airport because we had a 9 hour overnight layover. Had planned on staying in airport hotel, but was $150 and we would have stayed 5 hours. This airport is super clean, safe and there are tons of places to sleep: long benches with cushions by the bathrooms, lots of cushioned chairs with near by ottomans. we slept on a long curved cushioned bench in the food court. Back of bench was a huge wall of plants,that provided some privacy; benches faced the center of the food court that had a huge fish tank which was soothing. The lighting was dim, and the announcements not too loud. I wore foam earplugs and was out. McDonald's was right there and opened at 0430. Starbucks was open all night. I'll never get a hotel if I have another overlay in Orlando.
The last review for this airport was in 2011. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
Day passes can be purchased to enter the these airline lounges:
- Delta Sky Club Lounge
- United Lounge - Location: Terminal B, Airside, near Gate 43. Hours: 545am - 715pm. Rate: US$ 50 for a day pass.
- Free WiFi is available at the Orlando Airport.
- Internet kiosks available airside near the gates and there are a few landside on Level 3.
If sleeping in the Orlando Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotel at the airport....
- Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport - located inside the terminal on level 4. They offer Day Rooms between 10am - 6pm.
- Marriott Orlando Airport (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours. Departs every 30 minutes. Pick-up at A42 and B3 Ground Transportation Level 1).
- Courtyard Orlando Airport (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- La Quinta Orlando Airport West (Shuttle Hours: 5am - 11pm)
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Information not available
- Bowling Alley (off-site) - If you are travelling with friends and need something to do for an extended layover, take a taxi to Three Points Bowling (located approx. 5 miles/9 minutes from the airport @ 7474 Hoffner Avenue)
- Car Rentals - Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • E-Z • Hertz • L&M • National • Thrifty. Location: Ground Transportation Level, Level One.
- Chapel - Location: Main terminal, Airside, beyond the west security checkpoint (Gates 1-59).
- Currency Exchange - Information not available
- Food / Dining - At the time of this update it was not known if there were any 24 hour food or beverage concessions.
>>>Landside: Starbucks • McDonald's • Sbarro • Seattle's Best • Quiznos • Chili's Too • Fox Sports Bar and more
>>>Airside: Au Bon Pain, Freshens Treats, McDonald's, Starbucks, Seattle's Best, Burger King, Fresh Attractions, Outback Steakhouse, CIBO Gourmet Market, Qdoba,Brioche Doree and many more dining options.
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
Open 24 hours
Download the terminal maps
Airport Transportation: Getting There
- Local bus - there are local buses that will take you to downtown Orlando (40 minutes - Lynx bus # 11 or 51) and even Walt Disney World (75 minutes - Lynx bus # 111).
Boarding area: On the A-side of the Main Terminal, Ground Transportation (Level 1)
- Hotel shuttles - some hotels offer complimentary transfers
- Taxis, shuttle buses and the usual means of transportation are also available.
Last Updated: 29 June 2012 | Sources: Orlando International Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.