Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Orlando Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I have slept at Orlando International so many times in recent years that I now don’t even consider getting a hotel if I will only be in town for one night. – Tom
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Orlando Airport.
What to Expect
Orlando Airport (Code: MCO) has an efficient hub-and-spoke layout. The spacious pre-Security main terminal is the hub and the four concourses, all inside Security, are the spokes. Anticipate some walking, or hop on the elevated people mover to get around.
There’s plenty of shops and dining both pre- and inside Security, and a few eateries in the main terminal stay open 24 hours. Travellers particularly appreciate the free, unlimited WiFi and the numerous charging outlets, especially in the Secure areas. Economy Class passengers can pay to enter one of several airport lounges, and a two lounges have shower facilities and designated rest areas. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Orlando Airport
Travellers who sleep here seem to agree that it’s not the best airport sleeping experience, but it’s certainly not the worst. There’s a range of seating, from hard benches with armrests to padded armchairs to small couches. You may be able to stay overnight on the quieter airside, as long as you clear Security before they close for the night. TSA stations close after the last flight of the day and don’t reopen until 5 am. A few travellers reported that bathrooms are few and far between on the concourses. Other complaints are the cold temps and nonstop noise, so bring an extra layer plus some earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones. Explore our guide to sleeping in Orlando Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, a hotel is located pre-Security in the main terminal, and several other hotels located are accessible by a free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Orlando Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes The Club at MCO (Terminal A) – This lounge is available to all travellers no matter what class of service or airline. Showers and a designated rest zone are available. Location: Terminal A, Airside, Concourse 1, Gates 1 – 29, adjacent to XpresSpa. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
American Airlines Admirals Club – Location: Terminal B, Airside. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
Passes The Club at MCO (Terminal B) – This lounge is available to all travellers no matter what class of service or airline. Showers and a designated rest zone are available. Locations: Terminal B, Airside 4, near gate 91. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
United Club – Location: Terminal B, Airside, near Gate 43. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door with proof of United Airlines ticket • United Club Membership.
Airline Lounges (members only)
Delta Sky Club – Location: Terminal B, Airside, Center Atrium Area, Gate 71. Lounge Access: Elite Status • Lounge membership programs.
USO Lounge – The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to active members of the US military and their families. Location: Terminal A, Landside, Level 1.
If sleeping in Orlando Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
Inside Airport Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport – Located inside the main terminal on level 4, directly above the security entrance to Gates 60-129. They offer Day Rooms between 10:00AM to 6:00PM. » Check Rates
Near Airport Ramada Suites Orlando Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport at Gateway Village – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Holiday Inn Express Orlando International Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle service to the airport and surrounding area (within 3 mile radius). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Orlando Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Orlando Airport. Connect to the “MCO Internet” network. If you do not have a mobile device, Internet kiosks are available airside. They can found near the gates and there are a few landside on Level 3.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Most food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Dunkin’ Express, McDonald’s and Starbucks in the Main Terminal are open 24 hours.
- Information Desk – Desks are located on Level 3 before the entrances to Airside.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts (Smarte Carte) are available throughout the terminal and parking garage. Rate: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Hold My Luggage provides luggage pickup/return, storage and transport services. Location: Level 1, B-Side
- Luggage Wrapping – Wrap N’ Fly offers services. Location: Level 1 on the A-Side of the Main Terminal. Hours: 6:00AM-8:00PM. Rates: unknown
- Mobile Charging – Recharge your mobile devices at the gate areas in the Airside 3 and Airside 4 sections.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside.
- Currency Exchange – Interchange booths are located in the Main Terminal, East and West Halls (Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM) and in Airside 4, Gates 70 – 99 (Hours: 12:00PM – 8:00PM).
- Pet Relief Area – Two designated outdoor pet relief areas are available. Locations: Terminal A, landside, Level 2, East Side. Exit the building and walk all the way to the right. • Terminal B, landside, Level 2, West Side. Exit the building and walk all the way to the right.
- Chapel – Catholic mass is held every Sunday at 8:15AM and 12PM in the lobby of the Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport. In addition, an interfaith chapel is located Airside (west side near Gates 1-59) and a “reflection room” is also available on Airside 4 (Gates 70-99).
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – While there are no reclining loungers, the hotel atrium between Terminal A and Terminal B offers a relaxing spot to wait.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty free shopping is available at DFASS Duty Free from 5:00AM until the last flight departure of the day. Two locations: (Airside 1, Gates 20 – 29) and (Airside 4, Gates 70 – 99). In addition, there is a good variety of shops to pass the time including 5 locations of Hudson News for any last minute requirements.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Showers are available in the Club at MCO lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- Spa – Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and more are available at Terminal Getaway Spa (Airside 2, Gates 100 – 129) or XpresSpa (Airside 1, Gates 1 – 29 • Airside 3, Gates 30 – 59 • Airside 4, Gates 70 – 99 • Main Terminal – South Walk). Hours for all locations: 7:00AM – 9:00PM daily.
- Smoking Areas – Smoking is prohibited anywhere inside the airport.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Permanent and rotating art exhibits are on display throughout the airport.
- Bowling Alley (off-site) – If you are travelling with friends and need something to do for an extended layover, take a taxi to Three Points Bowling (located approx. 5 miles/9 minutes from the airport @ 7474 Hoffner Avenue)
- Observation Area – Plane-spotters, photographers, and aviation enthusiasts can get a panoramic view of the airport complex from Level 9 of the Terminal Top Parking Garage or the Cell Phone Lot. In order to access these areas, you must fill out a “Use of Facilities Form” and present it with valid photo ID to the Public Affairs Office on the 3rd floor of the Main Terminal.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that TSA, airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according to the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning.
Orlando airport is served by the following airlines: Aer Lingus • Aeromexico • Air Canada • Air France • Air Transat • Alaska Airlines • American Airlines • Avianca • Azul Airlines • BahamasAir • British Airways • Caribbean Airlines • Copa • Delta • Edelweiss • El Al • Emirates • Flair • Frontier Airlines • GOL • Icelandair • Interjet • JetBlue • LATAM • Lufthansa • Miami Air • Norwegian • Silver Airways • Southwest Airlines • Spirit Airlines • Sun Country • Sunwing • Swoop • United Airlines • Virgin Atlantic • Volaris • WestJet • World Atlantic Airlines.
The Orlando Amtrak is located near Downtown Orlando. A taxi or shuttle ride will take you there in approximately 17 minutes, depending on traffic.
SunRail also delivers passengers directly to the Amtrak Station via Lynx local bus. If you prefer not to transfer, you can also take the Lynx local bus from the airport heading towards Downtown Orlando to South Orange Avenue and Columbia Street. At this point an 8 -10 minute walk is required.
Public buses to downtown Orlando, International Drive, Florida Mall/SeaWorld and the Sand Lake Road SunRail station are available at Terminal A in Commercial Lane spaces A38-A41 on the Ground Transportation Level. The fare is $2.00, and connecting routes are available. For more information, visit the Lynx web site.
Most major car rental agencies operate onsite at the airport. Car rental check-in desks are located on the Ground Transportation Level (Level 1) of Terminals A and B, eliminating the need for shuttle bus service to a separate rental area. The following agencies can be found at the airport: Advantage • Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • E-Z Rent A Car • Hertz • National • Payless • Thrifty. Additional rental agencies are located off-site, and provide courtesy shuttle service to and from the airport.
Many hotels in the area provide courtesy airport shuttle service. The hotel shuttle bus stop is located at Terminal B in Commercial Lane spaces B42-B47 on the Ground Transportation Level. Ask your hotel about shuttle service details and availability.
The following hotels offer airport shuttle service: Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Orlando Airport • Courtyard Orlando Airport • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando Airport • Fairfield Inn Orlando Airport • Hampton Inn Orlando-International Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Orlando Airport @ Gateway Village • Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport • Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport • Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando Airport • Hyatt Place Orlando Airport • Hyatt Regency Orlando International Airport • La Quinta Inn & Suites Orlando Airport North • Renaissance Orlando Airport Hotel • Residence Inn Orlando Airport • Wingate by Wyndham at Orlando International Airport.
See Airport Hotels above.
Out-of-town shuttles can be found on the Ground Transportation Level of Terminal A (Commercial Lane space A15) and Terminal B (Commercial Lane space B13). For more information, visit the Orlando Airport website.
Shared Ride Shuttles
Mears Transportation provides shared ride shuttle service and chauffeured transportation to and from Orlando International Airport. For more information, visit the Orlando Airport website.
The SunRail is a commuter train system that services the Orlando metropolitan area. SunRail is connected to Orlando International Airport by the Lynx bus line which runs between the airport and Sand Lake Road SunRail station.
Taxis that are authorized to pick up at Orlando International Airport must charge the metered rate. Flat rates are not allowed.
Last updated: 2020-06-16
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.