About This Airport:
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Pittsburgh Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the cleaning crews have no problem running a vacuum cleaner inches from you head, but that is a minor distraction.
- M. Freeman
photo credit: JosephBarillari / Wikimedia
[ submit a photo ]
I am a frequent traveller, and in the past 2 years, I have been here 50 times, and I'm not sure what most of these reviews are about, unless you are talking about the old airport. To sleep, the kid's area in concourse C (not concourse D) has couches. The normal chairs are sort of buckety, which are comfortable for sitting, but not for sleeping. There used to be some better seats up in the prayer room across from the US airways lounge up on the 4th floor (the floor above the main boarding areas, the elevators are by the information stand) The carpets are quite comfortable, too. THERE IS NO PLACE TO SLEEP BEFORE SECURITY! There are some tv's, and the info stand is helpful in the center of the 4 concourses, and there is a sort of news crawler there with news from all over the world. Plane information is all over the place. Food IS street priced, and there are many places for shopping, eating, and even some spa's. Places start to open at 5am., and generally close at 8pm. The exceptions to that are the mcDonalds, and TGI fridays, which close around 11-12pm. There is NO arby's. Bathrooms are ok and plentiful, and everything is close together. Announcements run 24/7 and are very annoying. Cleaning people can be sort of annoying, depending on the person. There is also a RiteAid in the airport. The temperature is ok, with no insects, and personnel are generally helpful, as long as they are not with USAir. The first floor has benches without armrests, by where the trains let out, and there are some interesting displays there. Just DONT go on the 2nd floor (where customs let's out) or the end of the C concourse (the international gates), and you won't be hassled by security. NOTE--There is no more E concourse, it is now an alternate security checkpoint, and regular security is now on a system of black dimond for expert traveller, blue square for mediocre traveller, and green circle for families and the people who have never travelled before.
I have never used it before, but I think that there is a health club on the international arrivals level, but I have never used it, and I think it has showers (I will change the post as soon as I get back from my next trip)
The last review for this airport was in 2009. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- US Airways Club Lounge - Location: Airside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 530am - 815pm (Sun - Fri) • 530 - 515pm
Free WiFi is available at the Pittsburgh Airport.
If sleeping in the Pittsburgh Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel at the airport....
- Hyatt Regency Hotel - moving walkway access from the terminal
- Art in the Airport: Exhibitions are available throughout the airport
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Payless • Thrifty. Location: Landside, Lower Level, Baggage Claim area.
- Chapel: Location: Airside, Mezzanine Level
- Children's Play Area - Kidsport is located on Concourse C (airside).
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has two offices (landside and airside). The airside location is open from 1pm - 4pm.
- Food / Dining - At the time of this update it was not know which (if any) of the airport's food and beverage concessions were open 24 hours. Here are some food options:
>>>Landside: City of Bridges Cafe • , Nature's Kitchen and more
>>>Airside: TGI Friday's • McDonalds • Nature's Kitchen • Quiznos • Sbarro • Subway
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Massage: Massages, facials and manicures at XpresSpa. Locations: Concourses A and B
- Security Office - Location is unknown. Do you know? Email me
- Showers - not available
Open 24 hours
Last Updated: 02 July 2012 | Source: Pittsburgh International Airport
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.