Pittsburgh Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Pittsburgh Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
the cleaning crews have no problem running a vacuum cleaner inches from you head, but that is a minor distraction. - M. Freeman
photo credit: JosephBarillari / Wikimedia
April 2013 - I have stayed here overnight three times over the past two years. If you get there early and are stuck behind security, there is one cushioned bench close to the parking garage bridge. Of course, others may beat you to it. If you want a place to use electronics, the baggage claims are a good place to go. The short walls have benches with nearby power outlets behind them. You can get through security at midnight the day of your flight. The fabled couches of the Kidsport in Concourse C are no more. In their place are two benches with armrests. However, with a little strength you can push the benches to face each other. You can then flip one toward the other, with the armrests aligned, to provide a flat and semi-cushioned surface. Be sure to rearrange them when you leave. The area is relatively private until morning and there are bathrooms nearby. Mister Rogers Neighborhood plays constantly, but unfortunately repeats the same episode all night long. The Southwest gates in Concourse A are another option for relaxing. They have relatively comfortable black chairs with power outlets and USB charging ports.
Have you been to Pittsburgh Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Pittsburgh airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- American Airlines Admiral's Club - An 1,100 square foot lounge with work stations, couches, easy chairs, books, magazines, TV, light snacks, space to interact with family, and gift certificates for the Pittsburgh International Airport AIRMALL for active military members. Location: Airside, Mezzanine Level. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • Admiral's Club Membership.
Military & Family Courtesy Center - An 1,100 square foot lounge with work stations, couches, easy chairs, books, magazines, TV, light snacks, space to interact with family, and gift certificates for the Pittsburgh International Airport AIRMALL for active military members. Location: Airside, past Gate A4. Hours: 9:00AM - 5:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: open to members of the military an their families.
Free WiFi is available at Pittsburgh Airport. To connect, just open a browser on your laptop or mobile device and you’ll be directed to the FlyPittsburgh.com homepage.
If sleeping in Pittsburgh Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport - Connected to the airport terminal via moving indoor walkway. Free shuttle service within a 7 mile radius.
- Embassy Suites Pittsburgh International Airport - (10 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available. Call the hotel directly for airport pick-up times.
- Super 8 Pittsburgh Airport Coraopolis Area - (9 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Airport - (8 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Pittsburgh Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- Art in the Airport: Exhibitions are available throughout the airport
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are located throughout the airport (landside and airside).
- Baby Care Facilities - A nursing room is located across fom the Kidsport Area.
- Baggage Carts - Smartecarte is located throughout the airport. Rates: unknown
- Car Rentals - Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Payless • Thrifty. Location: Landside, Lower Level, Baggage Claim area.
- Chapel: Location: Airside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 6:00AM - 8:00PM.
- Children's Play Area - Kidsport is located on Concourse C (airside).
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has two offices (landside and airside). The airside location is open from 1pm - 4pm.
- Food & Drinks - At the time of this update it was not know which (if any) of the airport's food and beverage concessions were open 24 hours. Here are some food options:
»Landside: City of Bridges Cafe • , Nature's Kitchen and more
»Airside: TGI Friday's • McDonalds • Nature's Kitchen • Quiznos • Sbarro • Subway
- Information Desk - Look for information desks located both landside and airside or pick up the white courtesy phones for assistance or find an airport ambassador.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - not available
- Massage: Massages, facials and manicures at XpresSpa. Locations: Concourses A and B
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Last Updated: 09 June 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.