Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Pittsburgh Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
the cleaning crews have no problem running a vacuum cleaner inches from you head, but that is a minor distraction. – M. Freeman
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Pittsburgh Airport.
What to Expect
Pittsburgh Airport is made up of a single terminal with four concourses, so it’s easy to get around on foot. The airport is open 24 hours, with the main security checkpoint open all night long.
Travellers here appreciate the free WiFi and the outposts of local eateries, breweries, and shops. Overnight snacks and sandwiches are available in the 24 hour shop in the main terminal. Economy class travellers who want to upgrade their layover can pay to enter two airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
Don’t expect too many overnight sleepers here. If you’re inside Security, head to Concourse A for some comfortable sleep spots. Pre-Security, a few benches are located near the main security checkpoint. Some travellers have cited noise as an issue, so bring along earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones. Explore our guide to sleeping in Pittsburgh Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, an indoor moving walkway connects the main terminal with a hotel. Nearby hotels also offer free airport shuttles. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info.
Good to Know
No boarding pass airside access for non-passengers is available. See MyPITPass below.
Coronavirus update: You can read the airport’s COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update here.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
American Airlines Admirals Club – Location: Airside, Mezzanine Level. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door with proof of American Airlines ticket • Lounge membership programs.
Passes The Club at PIT – Location: Airside, Concourse C, between gates C54 and C56. The lounge is also accessible from Concourses A, B and D. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Military & Family Courtesy Center – An 1,100 square foot lounge with work stations, couches, easy chairs, books, magazines, TV, light snacks, space to interact with family, and gift certificates for the Pittsburgh International Airport AIRMALL for active military members. Location: Airside, past Gate C24. Hours: 9:00AM – 5:00PM (Daily). Lounge Access: open to members of the military an their families.
If sleeping in Pittsburgh Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
At Airport Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport – Connected to the airport terminal via moving indoor walkway. Free shuttle service within a 7 mile radius. » Check Rates
Near Airport Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport – (6 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Airport -(8 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
Near Airport Super 8 Pittsburgh Airport Coraopolis Area – (9 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Pittsburgh Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Airport WiFi / Internet
Free WiFi is available at Pittsburgh Airport. No passwords or purchases necessary. Just open your browser to be automatically connected to the FlyPittsburgh.com homepage.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Post Office – Location: Concourse D, airside, opposite Gate D76.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – The Mother’s Nursing Lounge is a clean, quiet and carpeted room with comfortable seating and a changing table. A family restroom is adjacent to the lounge. Location: Concourse C, airside, across from Kidsport.
- Children’s Play Area – Kidsport has seven fun and interactive installations that inspire creativity and learning. The play area also have a nursing area, with additional play equipment, changing table, and comfortable seating for adults. Location: Concourse C, airside.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. The following options are open 24 hours day: Strip Market (Center Core, 3rd floor) • Dunkin’ Donuts (Landside, next to security) • Dunkin’ Donuts (Airside, Concourse A, 2nd Floor).
- Information Desk – Located throughout the airport. Hours: 6:00AM – 9:30PM. You can also use one of the white courtesy phones for assistance or seek the help of an airport ambassador.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts (Smarte Carte) are available throughout the airport. Rates: unknown
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Medical Services – A Rite-Aid (Center Core, Level 3) and a GNC Health Products (Center Core, Level 3) are available. Note: prescription services are not available; however, over- the-counter medications are sold here.
- Mobile Charging – Mobile charging is available near the Southwest Airlines gates.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, transit level near Travelex • Landside, near the Hertz car rental counter in the Baggage Claim area • Airside, near the start of Concourse D • Airside, Concourse A, near the Military and Family Courtesy Center. The Travelex foreign currency ATM is located Airside, on the airport apron level.
- Currency Exchange – Travelex has two offices (landside and airside). The airside location is open from 1:00AM – 4:00PM.
- Pet Relief Area – One pet relief area is located outside near the landside Baggage Claim area. An indoor pet relief area is available in Concourse D, next to the post office.
- Chapel – Location: Airside, Mezzanine Level. Hours: 6:00AM – 8:00PM.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- MyPITPass – As of September 5, 2017, non-passengers will be able to access the airside area to shop, dine and greet loved ones at the gate. Check-in at the myPITpass ticket counter (Landside, 3rd floor, across from Allegiant), show a valid ID (Drivers license or passport) and pass through airport security (same requirements as airline passegers.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in Concourse C. In addition, a wide variety of retail shops are available throughout the airport including 6 Hudson News locations for last minute snack and drink needs.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Massage – Feel your stress melt away with a quick foot or body massage at the Massage Bar. Location: Concourse A, airside, Floor 3.
- Showers – Not available.
- Salon & Spa Services – Manicures, pedicures, facials, massages and more are available at XpresSpa. Location: Concourse A, Concourse B and Center Core.
- Smoking – Smoking is not permitted anywhere inside the airport.
- Shoe Shine – Services are available at the Classic Shine. Location: Airside Center Core (Concourse A, Level 3).
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Rotating and permanent art exhibitions are on display throughout the airport. Check out the interactive Fraley’s Robot Repair Shop, or learn about the contributions of the Tuskegee Airmen through photographs. In addition, local performers put on live performances in the baggage claim area every Thursday. If you have time, head to the Paint Monkey where you can paint your own masterpiece, they dry fast and fit in your carry on! Location: Concourse B, Airside, 3rd Floor.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Keep in mind that airline check-in and baggage drop hours vary according to the flight schedule. Check these hours with your airline. If you are in the public area of the terminal (landside) you will not be able to get through to the secure area of the terminal (airside) until the morning. The TSA security screening checkpoint hours vary according to location:
- Main Checkpoint (Transit Level): open 24 hours
- Alternate Checkpoint (Ticketing Level): 5:00AM – 6:00PM
As of June 2019, Pittsburgh airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • Alaska Airlines • Allegiant Airlines • American Airlines • Boutique Air • British Airways • Condor • Delta • Frontier Airlines • JetBlue • Southwest Airlines • Southern Airways • Spirit Airlines • United Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Pittsburgh Airport is served by 28X Airport Flyer (via West Busway), which runs between the airport and several key destinations in and around downtown Pittsburgh. Stops include Carnegie Mellon University, University of Pittsburgh, Robinson Town Centre and several transit stations. Buses pick up every 30 minutes at a designated stop outside of Door 6, Baggage Claim. For route map, schedules and fare information, visit the Port Authority of Allegheny County website.
Car rental service counters are located landside, in the baggage claim area. Onsite car rental agencies include Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • National • Payless.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Candlewood Suites – Pittsburgh Airport • Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh Airport • Embassy Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh – International Airport • Hampton Inn Pittsburgh-Airport • Homewood Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh Airport Robinson Mall Area • Hyatt Regency Pittsburgh International Airport • La Quinta Inn Pittsburgh Airport • MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport • Marriott Pittsburgh Airport • Residence Inn Pittsburgh Airport Coraopolis • Sheraton Pittsburgh Airport Hotel • Wyndham Garden Pittsburgh Airport.
See Airport Hotels above.
Taxis and Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles, including SuperShuttle, are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required.
Last updated: 2020-03-13
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.