About This Airport:
- > Airport Guide
- > Airport Hotels
- > Airport Hours
- > Airport Lounges
- > Airport WiFi
- > Services, Facilities & Things to Do At The Airport
- > Read all Reviews
- > Vote in the 2014
Best & Worst Airports Survey
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Portland Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Absolutely wonderful. If I had to live in an airport, this would be the one. - Anton
Concourse D. Photo credit: Aboutmovies / Wikimedia
[ submit a photo ]
PDX used to be one of the greatest airport to spend a night. I fly out of PDX at least once a year, and until last year, it was exactly as others have described. Free internet, good chairs to sleep, clean airport, etc.
However, lots of things have changed this year.
All the good things to do if you don't want to sleep are still here. Free internet (although I realized that the internet is slower compare to the past), a sandwich shop opened 24 hours, great restaurant to eat dinner (I love Stanford's!) still clean, etc.
But if you want to sleep, then it is bit harder than the past. There is playground for children near security checkpoint for gate D-E, so it is impossible to sleep due to sounds of children (I don't understand why there are children in airport at 1 A.M.... They don't look like travelers).
Even in the couch area near the security checkpoint for gate A-C, they start vacuuming around 12-1 A.M, so I couldn't sleep.
In addition, this chief of police department of Port of Portland (something like that) makes automated announcement every 10 minutes asking to be cooperative, even in 1-4 A.M. This woke me up repetitively when I was trying to sleep.
As a result, I gave up sleeping, and just enjoying free internet (and writing this review). I live in Eugene, OR, and I used prefer taking train to Portland and spend night in PDX, instead of using Eugene airport. But now, I'm reconsidering this habit.
I hope PDX goes back to what it was - one of the greatest airport to sleep in.
The last review for this airport was in 2013. Have you been there recently? Tell us about it!
- United Club - Location: Concourse E, across from Gate E1. Hours: 5am - 7pm. Lounge Access / Rates: US$ 50 for a day pass
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Concourse D. Lounge Access / Rates: US$ 50 for a day pass
- Alaska Airlines Board Room - Location: Concourse C, Airside, Gate C5. Hours: 5am - 9pm.
Free WiFi is available in approx. 70% of the airport`s Main level, which includes most gates, the Oregon Market and food court, and lobby areas near the north and south security checkpoints. Connect to the `flypdx`network.
If sleeping in the Portland Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport that offer a free airport shuttle....
- Sheraton Portland Airport (Shuttle Hours: 24 hours)
- Embassy Suites
- Candlewood Suites
- Clarion Hotel (Shuttle Hours: unknown)
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Portland Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available landside and airside.
- Car Rentals - Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz. Location: in the parking garage.
- Children's Play Area - Locations: near Gate C19 and in the Concourse connector between C and D.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has offices in the Ticketing Lobby (landside) and Concourse D (airside).
- Food / Dining - The Beaverton Bakery is open 24 hours (landside).
- Information Desk - Information not available
- Luggage Storage / Lockers - not available
- Showers - not available
open 24 hours
Airport Transportation: Getting There
- TriMet MAX Light Rail - Connects downtown Portland, Beaverton, Clackamas, Gresham, Hillsboro and North/Northeast Portland with the Portland International Airport.
Boarding area: The station is located near the baggage claim area on the lower level
Hours: 4:58am - 11:49pm (Mon - Fri) and 5:04 am - 11:49 (Sat - Sun)
Duration: 38 min to downtown Portland
Fare: $ 2.35
- Taxis, shuttle buses and the usual means of transportation are also available.
Last Updated: 06 October 2013
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you du ring your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.