Portland Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our Portland Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the names of some airport hotels in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
Absolutely wonderful. If I had to live in an airport, this would be the one.
Concourse D. Photo credit: Aboutmovies / Wikimedia
by a traveller
July 2015 - It's a great airport, the benches are okay for sleeping there, and the overall atmosphere is very friendly and familiar. Though at 11:30 pm a group of cops came aroundand woke every single sleeper in the airport up. They basically kicked me out of the airport (Woke me up like 5 minutes before the last train to the city left. Can't speak for people with a valid flight though. If this happens to you, there are some nice bushes 500 m down the street where you can easily campout without anybody noticing you. The beach bar is a great spot for breakfast, extremely friendly personal, I highly recommend that!
Have you been to Portland Airport recently? Write a Review!
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If you are an economy class traveller, you can enter these lounges at Portland airport either by purchasing a day pass or through a membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details (ie. facilities, hours, pass and membership information):
- Alaska Airlines Board Room- Location: Concourse C, Airside, Gate C5. Hours: 5am - 9pm. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 45.00) • Priority Pass • Alaska Airlines Board Room Membership.
- Delta Sky Club - Location: Concourse D. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$50.00) • Delta Sky Club Membership.
- United Club - Location: Concourse E, across from Gate E1. Hours: 5am - 7pm. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (US$ 50.00) • United Club Membership.
USO Lounge - The USO offers a lounge to members of the military and their families. Amenities include: WiFi, TV lounge, snacks, and reading materials. Location: Mezzanine Level. Hours: unknown
Free WiFi is available at Portland Airport. Connect to the `flypdx`network.
If sleeping in Portland Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel - Located on airport grounds, with 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Hampton Inn Portland Airport - (2 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available.
- Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Portland Airport - (3 min from the airport) Free 24-hr airport shuttle service available. Shuttle also makes free hourly trips to Cascade Station Shopping Center.
- Red Lion Hotel Portland Airport - (7 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Portland Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - ATMs are available landside and airside.
- Children's Play Area - Locations: near Gate C19 and in the Concourse connector between C and D.
- Currency Exchange - Travelex has offices in the Ticketing Lobby (landside) and Concourse D (airside).
- Entertainment - Digiboo. Download your favourite movie to laptop, tablet, etc. Kiosk locations: Near Gates C10, C12, C13 & C15, D4, E2 & E3.
- Food & Drinks - There is a variety of food options located before and after security. However, there is a Northwest Travel Mart located in the Oregon Market that is open 24 hours, selling grab-and-go foods.
- Information Desk - There are information booths located at the airport's 2 main entrances.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers - Luggage Services and Logistics provides storage services. Location: north end of the baggage claim, past carousel 10. Hours: 8am - midnight.
- Showers - not available
The airport is open 24 hours.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz and National. Alamo, Budget, Payless and Thrifty are located off-site, but provide courtesy shuttle service from the airport’s lower roadway near the parking garage.
Chauffeured Vehicles for Hire
Private airport transfers, including executive sedan and limousine service, can be arranged through one of hundreds of companies that service the Portland area. Vehicles for hire must be reserved in advance.
Many local hotels provide free airport shuttle service for their guests. Hotel shuttles pick up from the lower roadway in the center of the Departures and Baggage Claim level. Ask your hotel for shuttle service availability and details. Here are some hotels that offer airport shuttle service: Aloft Portland Airport at Cascade Station • Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport • Clarion Hotel Portland Airport • Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport • Courtyard by Marriott Portland Airport • Hampton Inn Portland Airport • Holiday Inn Express Portland Airport • Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205) • Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station • La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland Airport • Quality Inn & Suites Airport Convention Center • Radisson Hotel Portland Airport • Sheraton Portland Airport Hotel • Staybridge Suites Portland Airport • Super 8 Portland.
Several companies provide door-to-door local and inter-city shuttle services to and from Portland International Airport. Most of these services run daily, with some on a schedule and others available on demand. These shuttles pick up passengers on the lower roadway in the center of the Departures and Baggage Claim level. Contact your service provider of choice for service details and reservations.
Taxis are readily available on the lower roadway in the center of the Departures and Baggage Claim level.
Last Updated: 14 November 2015
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airport's and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items quoted in the guide, email me.