St. Pete–Clearwater Airport Guide
In this section you will find traveller airport reviews as well as our St. Pete–Clearwater Airport Guide with info on WiFi, lounges, facilities and services....and yes, even the name of a hotel near the airport in case you decide that sleeping in the airport is not for you!
The waiting area was woefully under furnished with only 8 comfortable chairs. - a guest reviewer
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at St Pete-Clearwater International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny airport with minimal shopping and dining options
- After airport restaurants and shops close for the night, vending machines are the only in-airport snack option. Plan ahead and purchase your food and drinks before the concessions close.
- The airport provides free WiFi. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- We have no reviews from travelers who attempted to sleep in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport that provide free airport shuttles. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
For more information about the services and facilities available, scroll down to continue exploring our St. Petersburg-Clearwater Airport Guide. Send us your airport tips to help us keep this information up to date.
In this guide we may refer to locations as "landside" and "airside". Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges at the airport.
Free WiFi is available at the St. Pete-Clearwater airport. Connect to the “Public Access” network. To bypass the required questionnaire, enter “11111” as the zip code and select “bypass”.
If sleeping in St. Pete–Clearwater Airport does not appeal to you, these are a few of the closest hotels to the airport:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Bay Clearwater Airport - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available daily from 6:00AM - 9:00PM.
- Holiday Inn St. Petersburg N - Clearwater - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater / St. Petersburg - Ulmerton Road - (3 min from the airport) Free airport shuttle service available.
- Sleep Inn - (2 min from the airport) No airport shuttle.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near St. Pete–Clearwater Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
- Art in the Airport - Local art exhibitions are on display throughout the airport.
- ATMs / Cash Machines - Yes, located in concourse outside Ticketing A and the west end of Baggage Claim.
- Baggage Carts - SmarteCartes are available at the airport.
- Car Rentals - Yes, see our Airport Transportation section below.
- Currency Exchange - Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping - Duty-free shopping is available at this airport.
- Food & Drinks - Food concessions in the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Food options include: Sam Adams Grille • Sam Adams Pub • Shell Key Cafe • Tampa Bay Cafe and Bar. Vending machines are also available.
- Information Desk - Volunteers are available to assist you and answer general questions about the airport and local area at the Visitor Information Center. Location: Baggage Claim.
- Mobile Charging - In addition to outlets located throughout the airport there are charging stations in the passenger holding areas.
- Shopping - Duty Free and a few other souvenir type shops are available.
- Showers - Information not available.
Hours of operation go according to flight schedule for the day, opening 2 hours prior to first flight departure and closing after the last flight arrives.
Some city bus routes access the airport. Contact Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority (PSTA) for details.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite in the baggage claim area: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz and National. Dollar, Economy Rent A Car/Auto Rental Xpress and Thrifty serve the airport from nearby off-site locations.
Taxis and Shuttles
Metered taxis and shared-ride shuttle services are available in the ground transportation area of the airport, right outside of baggage claim.
Last Updated: 24 June 2016
The information in this Airport Guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports and their web sites. The information above is subject to change without notice. Use it for informational purposes only to help you during your stay. To report errors, or to add/change any items mentioned in the guide, please email us at email@example.com.