Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Ahmedabad Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
i could not even find sim card to buy during my trip to india – jaykishan
AMD Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Ahmedabad Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport.
What to Expect
Ahmedabad Airport (code: AMD) is divided into Terminals 1 and 2. Construction on a third terminal began in 2019.
The pre-flight experience may be overwhelming due to crowds, confusing announcements, and long queues for the toilet, so arrive with plenty of time to reach your flight. Facilities are limited to a few basic eateries and some shops. Free WiFi is available to help pass the time. For added comfort, economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for its location and rates.
Sleeping in Ahmedabad Airport
We do not yet have any sleep-related airport reviews. For uninterrupted sleep, nearby hotels offer shuttle service. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change. Some services and facilities may remain closed or operate with reduced hours. Airport tips and suggestions in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. If you are planning to sleep in the public area of the terminal overnight, have a back-up plan! We’ve heard from a few travellers at other airports and they were not permitted to stay overnight. We’re not sure if that will apply to this airport, until a reader lets us know the current situation. To help us keep this guide up-to-date as the airport reopens, you can add or update information or write a review and submit photos and airport tips.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Ahmedabad Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
If sleeping in Ahmedabad Airport sounds unappealing, there are “rest rooms” inside the airport and nearby airport hotels:
- Rest Rooms – Rest Rooms are available for transit passengers to rest in between flights. Unfortunately, we do not have any information about location or rates. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- Ummed Ahmedabad – Located 500m from the airport. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel R.J. Residency – Located within a comfortable walking distance; however hotel does provide shuttle ($). Taxi is 70 to 90 rs each way. » Check Rates
- Comfort Inn Sunset – This hotel is located 1 mile from the airport. No airport shuttle.» Check Rates
- Pristine Residency Hotel – This hotel is located less than 1 mile from the airport. Free airport pick-up/drop-off on request. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ahmedabad Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- The Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Domestic Departures, 1st Floor. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass (£14.00) • Lounge membership programs.
Related Pages: Ahmedabad Airport Lounges
Free WiFi is available at Ahmedabad Airport for 30 minutes. You will need an Indian phone number to receive receive a password. You can pay for additional time once your 30 minute time limit is up.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by Dena Bank and Deutch Bank. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: outside the terminal.
- Covid-19 Testing – A PCR Testing facility is available. Location: unknown.
- Currency Exchange – Foreign currency services are available in T2.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in T2 Arrivals and Departures.
- Family Services – Travelling with small children? A child care room is available. Location: Landside, behind the Check-in Area and Airside, post-Security Hold. Strollers can be found in the Check-in Area.
- Food & Drinks – Information about food options is limited. Both terminals offer a coffee shop while the International offers a few more options (ice cream parlour and a sweets shop). Coffee and tea vending machines can be found in both terminals.
- Information Desk – Need help finding your way? An information desk is available in T1.
- Lost & Found – Available.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Unavailable.
- Luggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge in T1 and T2.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from damage and theft by having them covered in plastic wrap. Location: T2.
- Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available T1 and T2. Location: Check-in Area.
- Mobile Charging – Recharge your mobile devices free of charge in T1 and T2.
- Postal Services – Need to send your last minute postcards to friends and family? Postal services are available, but we do not have location details.
- Prayer Room – Location: Airside
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Showers – Temporarily Unavailable – Showers are available in the Plaza Premium Lounge. See Airport Lounges above.
- Smoking – Smoking facilities are available inside the airport in designated areas.
- Spa & Salon Services – O2 spa is available airside on the 1st floor of T1.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Ahmedabad airport is served by the following airlines: Air India Limited • Air Sahara • Kingfisher Airlines • Qatar Airways • Emirates • Singapore Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Available in the Arrivals Halls of the International and Domestic Terminals.
Several area hotels can arrange airport transportation service for their guests. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details:
See Airport Hotels above.
City bus routes available but offer limited service.
Pre-paid taxis available at the Arrivals Hall of the Domestic Terminal.
Last updated: 2022-01-25
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.