Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Ahmedabad Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
i could not even find sim card to buy during my trip to india – jaykishan
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Ahmedabad Airport.
What to Expect
- There are two terminals: the original T1, and the new T2 which opened in 2010.
- This airport connects to many Indian destinations with a few long-haul flights to major hubs in the Middle East, Europe, and Southeast Asia.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Seating is plentiful, and the air-conditioning keeps the terminal at a pleasant temperature.
- Dining options are very limited. Eat before you arrive at the airport, and have a snack or two on hand for later.
- Lines can be long for the airport’s limited number of toilets.
- Overhead announcements for flights can be confusing and misleading, causing passengers to miss flights or wait at the wrong gate.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one of two airport lounges. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of October 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels within walking distance that provide an airport shuttle; those farther away may charge for shuttle service. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Ahmedabad Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel R.J. Residency – This is the closest hotel to the airport. Located within a comfortable walking distance. Hotel does not provide shuttle. Taxi is 70 to 90 rs each way. » Check Rates
- Hotel Airport Residency – Located within walking distance of the airport, but airport shuttle is also available. » Check Rates
- Pristine Residency Hotel – This hotel is located less than 1 mile from the airport. Free airport pick-up/drop-off on request. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Ahmedabad Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Ahmedabad Airport for 30 minutes. For a 7 day pass, the rate is INR 100.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
AirportATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by Dena Bank and Deutch Bank. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations:
- International Terminal : Landside (Dena Bank)
- International Terminal : Airside (Deutch Bank)
- Domestic Terminal: Landside (Dena Bank)
Currency Exchange – Foreign currency services are available in T2.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in T2 Arrivals and Departures.
Family Services – Baby Care Room in Domestic Terminal
Food & Drinks – Information about food options is limited. Both terminals offer a coffee shop while the International offers a few more options (ice cream parlour and a sweets shop). Coffee and tea vending machines can be found in both terminals.
Information Desk – Need help finding your way? An information desk is available in T1.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge in T1 and T2.
Luggage Wrapping – Available free of charge in T2 only.
Massage Chairs – Pay-per-use massage chairs are available in T1 and T2.
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available, free of charge, for passengers in T1 and T2.
Mobile Charging – Recharge your mobile devices free of charge in T1 and T2.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are available in the Plaza Premium Lounge. See Airport Lounges above.
Spa & Salon Services – O2 spa is available airside on the 1st floor of T1.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Ahmedabad airport is served by the following airlines: Air India Limited • Jet Airways • Air Sahara • Kingfisher Airlines • Qatar Airways • BMI • Emirates • Singapore Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Available in the Arrivals Halls of the International and Domestic Terminals.
Several area hotels can arrange airport transportation service for their guests. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details:
City bus routes available but offer limited service.
Pre-paid taxis available at the Arrivals Hall of the Domestic Terminal.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.