Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Armenia Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
This airport should be a real international airport, it should be bigger, with good waiting rooms, good food court… – Michael
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Armenia Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal international airport with very limited facilities and amenities.
- The airport is described as “safe and clean”, but with archaic operations. All luggage is actually inspected by hand at the security checkpoint, adding to the time it takes to clear security.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of October 2018, we do not have any reviews from travelers who have slept at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Armenia El Eden Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hostal Los Juanes – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request, free transfers for stays of 2 nights or more, otherwise $20.00 USD each way. » Check Rates
- Hotel Campestre Palma Vera – (2 minutes away) Airport transfers are available. for a fee. » Check Rates
- La Floresta Hotel Campestre – (5 minutes away) Airport transfers are available. for a fee. » Check Rates
- Hotel Rancho Eden – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Armenia Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines -Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: unknown.
Business Center – Faxing, photocopies, and internet access are available.
Currency Exchange – Converse Bank offers foreign exchange services in Terminal 1, Check-in area, VIP Terminal and Arrivals Levels.
Disabled Services – People with reduced mobility are encouraged to make arrangements with their particular airline ahead of time.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available, along with a small variety of retail and gift shops.
Food & Drink – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options.
Information Desk – Need help finding your way? An information desk can be found in Terminal 1 on both the Departures and Arrivals levels.
Luggage Storage and Lockers – Left luggage service is available. At the time of this update, we were unable to confirm the location, hours, and fees for the storage facility.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
In June 2016, a reader sent us this message “Arrived 0345. 10 people waiting outside. Airport opened 0400. Security took everything out of everyone’s bags. Poked sticks into sealed plastic bags (potato chips,etc).”
As of February 2018, Armenia airport is served by the following airlines: Avianca • LAN • Easy Fly • Spirit • Iberia • Antioquia Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Several car rental agencies offer service onsite in the Arrivals area of the airport.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Metered taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.