Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Bagdogra Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The airport gets around 12-14 flights a day and it cannot cope at all if there are boarding/arrival of three aircrafts at one time. – a guest reviewer
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Bagdogra Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal regional airport with filthy restrooms and limited shopping and dining options.
- According to one reviewer, the airport seems incapable of handling the amount of passenger traffic that it gets.
- Flight display boards are often non-functioning.
- Disorganized and inefficient boarding procedures and chaotic baggage claim.
- Aggressive taxi touts and beggars can be found at the Arrivals exit.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of October 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
If sleeping in Bagdogra Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Orbit Hotel Bagdogra – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Marina’s Motel – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged upon prior request, rs 200 each way. » Check Rates
- Barsana Hotel & Resort – (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. They will arrange a taxi pick-up upon request for 690 each way. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Bagdogra Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is provided at the business centre. Rates are not known.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge throughout the airport.
Baby Care Facilities – Yes.
Food & Drinks – There are snacks and coffee available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – First-Aid services are available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of October 2018, Bagdogra airport is served by the following airlines: Air India • Jet Airways • Spice Jet • KingFisher • Go Air • Druk Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport, during airport hours of operation. Prepaid taxis are available for hire from the Prepaid Taxi booth in the Arrivals Hall.
At the time of this update, we were unable to find any hotels that provide hotel shuttle service; however, there are several hotels that can arrange transfers for a fee. [ See Airport Hotels above ]
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.