Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Budapest Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
the only annoying thing was the cleaning lady blasting past me at 3am with her cleaning machine not really worried much about all the ppl trying to sleep. – jaxstar
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Budapest Liszt International Airport.
What to Expect
Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport (Code: BUD) consists of two terminals (2A/Schengen flights and 2B/Schengen and non-Schengen flights) connected by SkyCourt, a new passenger hall containing a shopping-mall-like selection of restaurants, cafes and shops. You can easily walk between the two terminals. There are also some eateries and shops located near gates and landside, including at least two 24-hour eateries in Terminal 2B. The airport offers free WiFi to help you pass the time. There are several airport lounges that allow paid access to economy class passengers, though none offer showers. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for location and hours.
Sleeping in Budapest Airport
It is not possible to sleep airside overnight. Be prepared to sleep in the public area. Airport staff are reported to be generally tolerant of overnight sleepers; however, travellers report that the overnight cleaning services can be loud. While there is plenty of seating in Terminals 2A and 2B, travellers report that landside areas and SkyCourt contain more comfortable seating, as well as cushioned benches. For those seeking uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel connected to Terminal 2B and several others within easy shuttle distance. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below for more info.
Have you been to this airport yet? Write a review and share photos from your own experience.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Budapest Airport Guide.
Coronavirus update: You can read the airport’s COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update here.
Coronavirus update: You can read the airport’s COVID-19 (Coronavirus) update here.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Passes Platinum Lounge (Non-Schengen) – Location: Terminal 2B, airside, Mezzanine Level, Non-Schengen Area, Gates 18-19. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Passes Platinum Lounge (Schengen) – Location: Terminal 2A, airside, Mezzanine Level, Schengen Area, Gate 22. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Passes Menzies Aviation Lounge – Location: Skycourt Terminal, Airside, Upper Level. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
SkyCourt Lounge – Location: SkyCourt, Airside, 1st Floor, Schengen Area. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Mastercard Lounge – Location: SkyCourt, airside second floor, Schengen Area. Entrance: Free access for MasterCard (Gold, Platinum, World) cardholders. Guests and children under 18 may enter free of charge. Additional guests must pay €10,00 each.
If sleeping in Budapest Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- ibis Styles Budapest Airport Hotel – Located opposite Terminal 2 within walking distance.
- Airport Hotel Budapest – (5 minutes from the airport) The hotel offers a free shuttle.
- Hotel Ferihegy – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle available (one way is 7 Euro, roundtrip is 12 Euro).
- Budapest Airport Hotel Stacio – (8 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request when booking direct. Otherwise, the hotel suggests a taxi will cost 7€ each way.
- Sarokhaz Panzio – (2 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. Cost is 8,00€ each way. Call 003629355033 after you have picked up your luggage.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Budapest Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Budapest airport in Terminals 2A, 2B, SkyCourt and the Visitor Terrace for up to 2 hours. Connect to the “bud:free wifi” network and enter your email address to log in. If you experience difficulty connecting to the network, you may need to try a few times.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Ticket Printing – Did you forget to print your ticket? The Cavok Lounge (Terminal 2B) and GO4 Travel Agency offer a printing service.
- Post Office – Send your last minute postcards to friends and family from the airport’s Magyar Posta office. Location: Terminal 2A Hours: 8:00AM – 12:00PM and 12:30PM – 3:30PM Mon-Fri (closed Sat, Sun).
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area. A small play area is available in the SkyCourt. Older children may enjoy the games available in the Virgin Store.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. The only 24-hour option is Flocafé(T2B, Landside, Departures Hall), although the café may close at some point between 1:00AM – 3:00AM for a break.
- Groceries – Head to the Spar Grocery store to stock up on snacks and drink items. Location: Terminal 2B, Landside, Arrivals. Hours: 5:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Travel Agencies – Budapest Information Points are available to provide information about sightseeing, festivals, exhibitions and more. Locations: Terminal 2A (Hours: 8:00AM – 10:00PM) • Terminal 2B (Hours: 10:00AM – 2:00AM).
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage storage room rates, per bag, are € 4 for one hour to € 38 for 24 hours, with longer-term storage available for € 75 for one week or € 104 for one month. Only cash accepted. Location: SkyCourt, ground floor, near H reception. Hours: Open 24 hours
- Luggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your bags? Baggage carts are available throughout the Terminal and the Car Park. Rate: €1,00.
- Luggage Wrapping – BagWrap provides wrapping services with prices starting from 2500 HUF (€9,00) per bag. Location: Check-in area of both terminals. Hours: From start of check-in time of first flight until the end of check-in time of last flight.
- Dental Clinic – Have a toothache? Head to the Kreativ Dental Clinic. Location: T2A, Arrivals. Hours: Unknown.
- Pharmacy – An airport pharmacy is located in Terminal 2B, Departure Hall on the 2nd Floor. Over the counter drugs can also be purchased at the Relay Shops located in all terminals.
- Mobile Charging – A reader let us know that mobile charging can be found under some of the seats. There are also some charging points near the gates. A reader tells us the food court, on the first floor, has several phone charging stations with many USB-B and 2 AC outlets.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. They are easy to spot by their orange color. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: SkyCourt, under the escalators as you walk towards Terminal 2 • Arrivals Hall (landside), two each in Terminals 2A and 2B • Baggage Reclaim, one each in Terminals 2A and 2B.
- Currency Exchange – Interchange offers foreign currency exchange in six locations: SkyCourt • T2A, landside, Arrivals • T2A, airside, Arrivals • T2B, airside, Departures • T2B, airside, Arrivals • T2B, landside, Arrivals Hours: Vary, but the T2B landside location is open 24 hours.
- Chapel/Room of Silence – Location: Terminal 2B, Mezzanine Level Hours: 4:00AM – 12:00AM.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Fast Track – As a premium service, customers with Fast Track security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Only certain airlines participate, see the website for a complete list. Cost: €5,00 – tickets are sold at Terminal 2B Celebi Platinum Service/Ticket Centre, T2B OTP Travel Agency and T2A and T2B departure hall kiosk.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available 24 hours a day at the Skycourt location of Heinemann, and throughout much of the day in Terminals 2A and 2B. In addition you will find a wide variety of retail and gift shops.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
- Spa & Salon Services – Neck, back, foot and Thai massage is offered in 10 – 60 minute sessions at Lian Day Spa. Location: T2, SkyCourt mezzanine Hours: 9:00AM – 9:00PM • Limited hairstyling services are available in the DryBar at the José Eber retail shop. Location: SkyCourt, under the escalators toward Terminal 2A.
- Smoking Rooms – Other than the smoking area provided at the Terrace Cafe ( Rooftop of Terminal 2A, between the visitor terrace and the SkyCourt) there are no designated smoking areas within the Terminals. There are assigned smoke spots outside the terminal.
Things to do & see
- Observation Deck – Enjoy free WiFi or a delicious snack with views of the tarmac and runway at the Observation Deck. 500 HUF gets you a single-entry ticket. There’s no restroom on the Observation Deck, so use one before you enter. Location: T2A, Departure Hall Mezzanine (Level 3) Hours: Open 24 hours, but the Porto Cafe & Bar is only open from 8:00AM – 6:00PM.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Budapest airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean Airlines • Aer Lingus • Aeroflot • Air Canada • Air Algerie • Air Baltic • Air Canada Rouge • Air China • Air France • Air Malta • Alitalia • American Airlines • Austrian Air • Belavia • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • China Eastern • Czech Air • easyjet • Egypt Air • El Al Israel Airlines • Emirates • Eurowings • Finnair • Fly Dubai • Iberia • Jet2 • KLM • LOT • Lufthansa • Norwegian • Pegasus Airlines • Qatar Airways • Ryanair • SAS • Shanghai Airlines • Swiss • TAP Portugal • TAROM • Transavia • Turkish Airlines • UIA • Vueling • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Bus 200E links the airport (Terminal 2) to Kőbánya-Kispest metro station (M3 line) from where metro trains traveling toward Újpest Központ can be taken into the city center, and connections to national and international trains are available from Ferihegy.
Bus #100E connects the airport to the city center. This bus routes operates from 3:40AM – 12:40AM. As of this update, the fare for the the #100E is 900 HUF.
Car rental services are available in Terminals 2A, 2B and the Skycourt area. Onsite car rental agencies include Avis • Buchbinder/Mega Drive • Budget • Enterprise • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt.
See Airport Hotels above.
miniBUD offers a shuttle-like service to and from the Budapest Airport. Prices start as low as 1900HUF/6,00€ for a one-way trip. For more information, visit the miniBUD website.
Taxis can be reserved at Főtaxi booths located at the exit doors of both terminals. At the time of this update, the estimated fare for a one-way trip between the airport and the city center is 7200 HUF. All taxis accept cash and credit cards.
Last updated: 2020-03-13
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.