Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Cayo Coco Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
It is a new and small airport but the sleeping was actually comfortable. – Bob
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Jardines del Rey Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but modern single-terminal international airport with a limited variety of shops and food concessions.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge – Lounge Access: Pay at the Door (20 CUC).
- Cubana de Aviacion – Details are unavailable
If sleeping in Cayo Coco Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pullman Cayo Coco – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. You can contact the hotel to arrange a taxi pick-up ($). » Check Rates
- Hotel Colonial Cayo Coco – (7.5 miles from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Sol Cayo Coco – (7.5 miles from the airport) Airport transfers are available. upon request (20 cuc each way). » Check Rates
- Iberostar Mojito – (7.5 miles from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Cayo Coco Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
At the time of this update WiFi is not available at Cayo Coco Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Banking Services – There are banking services available. Location: Landside. A 24-hour ATM may be available (unconfirmed).
Currency Exchange – Foreign exchange services are available both Landside and Airside.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available in 2 shops and you will also find a souvenir shop both Landside and Airside.
Food & Drinks – Landside offers a snack bar while Airside you will find 2 snack bars.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Pharmacy – A pharmacy can be found Landside.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking Lounge – Yes (airside)
The airport is open from 7:00 AM until the last flight. Sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible.
As of November 2018, Cayo Coco airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • Air Transat • Azur • Blue Panorama Airlines • Cubana de Aviacion Nordwind • Sunwing Airlines • Thomas Cook Airlines • WestJet • XL Air France.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport and is often included if you have booked an all-inclusive holiday. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
The following car rental providers have offices on-site: Cubacar, Havanautos and REX.
Taxis are available at the airport. At the time of this December 2017 update, a taxi ride from the airport to Cayo Coco resorts costs approximately 15 to 25 CUC one-way (equivalent to $15-25 USD), depending on hotel. A taxi ride from the airport to Cayo Guillermo resorts takes 40-45 minutes and costs approximately 40-45 CUC one-way (equivalent to $40-45 USD). Always agree to the fare first.
Last updated: 2018-11-07
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.