Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Chania Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
We had to stand in line for one hour to get our boarding cards, another 20 minutes to leave our baggage and finally 15 minutes to the security check. – a traveller (2015)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Chania International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal airport, served mostly by seasonal international flights. A limited selection of shopping and dining options are available.
- Reviewers report chaotic, disorganized and time-consuming procedures, from check-in to boarding and arrival.
- Lack of air conditioning in the terminal. Reviews are mixed on the cleanliness of the restrooms.
Where to Sleep
- As of November 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in Chania Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Areti Suites – (2 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request between 7:00AM and 12:00AM. » Check Rates
- Creta Vitalis – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Aloni Suites – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for approx. 15,00€ each way. » Check Rates
- Sissy Village All-Suite Hotel – No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests a taxi for approx. 18,00€ each way » Check Rates
- Royal Sun Hotel – (12 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Chania Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs, operated by Alpha Bank, are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: unknown.
Baby Care Facilities – A nursing room is available.
Currency Exchange – Yes.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available, as well as a mini market and traditional crafts market.
Food & Drinks – There is a restaurant and bar onsite. Location and hours unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – A First Aid station is available on the ground floor.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport operates 24 hours a day; however, the terminal closes at night and overnight stays are not permitted inside of the airport terminal.
As of November 2018, Chania airport is served by the following airlines: Aegean • Ellinair • RyanAir • Sky Express.
A variety of other airlines serve the airport on a seasonal basis only.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
KTEL public buses serve the airport.
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: Avis • Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt • Trust.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-11-07
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.