Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Clark Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
All in all, it was a good night for me. – mutyang
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Clark International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, but busy international airport, preferred by some over Manila Airport, for its cleaner and more efficient services and facilities. Although the variety of shops and food concessions is limited, 24-hour dining options are available!
- Located 85km/53mi from Manila. Approx 1h 11min according to Google Maps. While It takes 2-3 hours to travel between DMIA and the older NAIA Airport.
- Restrooms are reportedly cleaner airside.
- No designated smoking area, which means people indiscriminately smoking throughout the terminal.
- An abnormal amount of security checkpoints, even just to enter the terminal! One reviewer described the experience as similar to “running a gauntlet”.
- Exorbitant airport “departure fee”.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted inside of the terminal, but there is a small partially-covered area just outside of the lobby with seats, coffee machines, a 24-hour convenience market and a grassy area. Have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- Travelers are only allowed to enter the airport 2 hours prior to departure of their scheduled flights.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Clark Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Stotsenberg – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Quest Hotel and Conference Center Clark – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transportation is available upon request, Php 400 each way. Note, some room rates include free transfers. » Check Rates
- Widus Hotel & Casino – (5 minutes) Airport transportation available for a fee. » Check Rates
- Red Planet Angeles City – (10 minutes) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Clark Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Clark Airport.
Pro-Tip: A reader tells us “WiFi is free & works well for an hour, but I couldn’t reconnect afterward. I just switched from phone to tablet for another hour.”
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Currency Exchange – Foreign exchange services are provided by RCBC & Veterans Bank.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available in the Arrivals area as well as a souvenir shop in the Departures area.
Food & Drinks – There is a cafe at the airport. Hours: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – Mobile charging is available once you are in the secure zone.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – A smoking lounge is available, exact location is not known.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of November 2018, Clark airport is served by the following airlines: AirAsia • Air Swift • Asiana • Cathay Dragon • Cebu Pacific Air • Emirates • Jin Air • Philippine Airlines • Qatar Airways • Tiger Air • Wakay Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Genesis, T-Des and Philtranco offer scheduled bus service to and from the airport. Contact your service provider of choice for details. For contact information and schedule times see the Clark Airport website.
Avis offers car rental service onsite at Clark Airport.
See Airport Hotels above.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-11-08
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.