Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Coimbatore Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Coimbatore International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with friendly staff, clean facilities and a variety of shops and food concessions. There’s not much to do here, so have a book or a few magazines handy for entertainment!
Where to Sleep
- As of November 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
If sleeping in Coimbatore Airport does not appeal to you, there are rest rooms inside the airport and nearby hotels a short drive from the airport.
- Rest Rooms – Located inside the airport, there are 2 rooms available for transit passengers. Unfortunately, we do not have information about the facilities offered, location or rates. If you know, email us at [email protected] and we will add the information to this guide.
- Skylite Hotels – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Royal Chambers – (6 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request for a fee. » Check Rates
- KR Residency – (6 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- The Arcadia – (7 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer services are available upon request, pick-up cost Rs.200 and drop-off is Rs.150. » Check Rates
- Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur – (10 minutes from the airport) Luxury car airport service is available 24 hours a day upon request, 600 INR. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Coimbatore Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Coimbatore Airport for 15 minutes. Fee for additional usage is currently unknown.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: check-in area.
Baby Care Facilities – Child Care rooms are available for use, free of charge. Locations: Departures, Airside and Arrivals.
Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge throughout the airport.
Currency Exchange – Foreign exchange counters can be found in arrivals and departures.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available as well as a small selection of shops selling sweets, jewellery, etc.
Family Services – Child care rooms are available.
Food & Drink – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options. Vending machines dispensing drinks are available.
Information Desk – There is a tourist desk in arrivals that may be of assistance.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – Yes
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the airport’s medical center. Ask an airport staff member for assistance.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – Smoking is permitted in designated areas including in the smoking zone in the Departures Area.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of November 2018, Coimbatore airport is served by the following airlines: JAir Arabia • Air India • Alliance Air • IndiGo • Jet Airways • Silk Air • SpiceJet • SriLankan Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Metered taxis and auto-rickshaws are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-11-08
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.