Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Cotonou Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
they mark all over your luggage with white chalk….they are just trying to look official I think! – Peter K
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Cotonou Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with minimal shopping and dining options. A recent review describes the airport as clean and quiet, with comfortable seating and working air-conditioning but only one visible power outlet that can be used for mobile charging.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s business class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of November 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- AHS Business Class Lounge – Location: Airside, 1st Floor. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs [ more lounge info ]
- Salon Plus Arrivée – Location: Airside, Arrivals Hall. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Salon Plus Depart – Location: Airside, after Passport Control. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If attempting to sleep in the Cotonou Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Best Western Plus Nobila Airport Hotel – Located just 200m from the airport. Airport offers day rates starting at 45000 xof for a standard room. » Check Rates
- Ibis Cotonou – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Novotel Orisha Cotonou – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Cotonou Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Cotonou Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Children’s Play Areas – Not available.
Food & Drinks – Yes
Information Desk – Not available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of November 2018, Cotonou airport is served by the following airlines: Air Burkina • Air Cote D’Ivoire • Air France • Arik Air • Brussels Airlines • Ceiba Intercontinental • Ethiopian Airlines • Kenya Airways • Mauritania Airlines International • Royal Air Maroc • RwandAir • Tunisair • Turkish Airlines.
Several car rental agencies serve the airport. Contact your rental agency of choice for rates and reservations.
Some local hotels offer shuttle service to and from the airport. Contact your hotel of choice for availability and details.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. Taxis are not metered, so you must negotiate your fare before starting your journey. At the time of this November 2018 update, the typical fare between the airport and city center is around 2500 to 5000FCFA (Approx. 4,00€ – 7,00€), depending on the time of day.
Last updated: 2018-11-16
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.