Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Cuenca Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Cuenca Airport.
What to Expect
- This small terminal connects to a couple regional destinations.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- The airport opens at 6am and closes after the last flight, so sleeping overnight is not possible.
- As of November 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport, though only one provides airport shuttle service, for a fee. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Cuenca Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Kuna Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Hotel Los Balcones – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Casa de las Rosas – (10 min from the sairport) Free airport transfer service is available upon request. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Cuenca Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Cuenca Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: There is a dedicated Banking Area available in the main hall. It is here where you will find banks, most of which have ATM’s available.
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update there were no 24 hour food concessions at the airport, but you will find:
» Landside : Cafetería Santa Ana • Taz with Hunger
» Airside: Cafetería
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – Medical services are available at the Doctor’s office. Location not known. Hours: 7:00AM – 1:00PM and 3:00PM – 8:30PM (Mon – Fri).
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 6:00 AM until the last flight. Sleeping in the airport overnight is not possible.
As of November 2018, Cuenca airport is served by the following airlines: LATAM • Tame.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Several recognizable car rental agencies offer service onsite. Contact your service provider of choice for rates and reservations.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-11-16
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.