Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Da Nang Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
In the international departures, downstairs has a tiny Business Class Lounge with a very thin wall so the Business Class Wi Fi is free for the taking. Just where I am now sitting. – Kevin
DAD Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Da Nang International Airport.
What to Expect
Da Nang Airport (code: DAD) is divided into two terminals, domestic and international, and both are newly built. Amenities include a range of eateries, cafes, and duty-free and souvenir shops. Free WiFi helps pass the time. For added comfort while you wait, economy class passengers can pay to enter an airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for location and access information.
Sleeping in Da Nang Airport
Based on traveller reviews, it seems that both terminals close nightly for a couple hours, making it difficult to sleep here. Benches outside the terminal fill up with other sleepers until security reopens around 4:00AM. For uninterrupted sleep, nearby hotels offer shuttle service for a fee. See our Airport Hotels section below for more info or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s web site for current information. For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Da Nang Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- CIP Orchid Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Mezzanine Level. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounges listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
- Vietnam Airlines Lounge – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Level 3, near Gate 5.
- Vietnam Airlines Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, Ground Level, Gate 4.
- Vietnam Airlines Business Class Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, 3rd Floor.
Related Pages: Da Nang Airport Lounges
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels near Da Nang Airport:
- Eden Plaza Da Nang Hotel – No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Da Nang Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available throughout the airport. Connect to the “AHT Terminal” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- ATM’s / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Arrivals Hall.
- Baby Care Facilities – There are baby care rooms provided throughout the airport which include hot water dispensers.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available free of charge in the baggage claim area.
- Currency Exchange – Foreign currency exchange services are available landside in the Arrivals Hall.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available on both the Arrivals and Departures Floors. In addition you will find a good variety of stores to pass the time.
- Food & Drink – There are restaurants and coffee shops available throughout the airport both landside and airside. At this time of this update we did not have any information regarding the availability of any 24 hour food concessions. A mini-market on the Departures Floor, Airside, may be a good option.
- Information Desk – Have any questions? There is an information desk to answer any inquiries. Location: Landside, Arrivals Hall, Ground Floor.
- Luggage Packing – Available in 2 locations on the Departures Floor. Hours and rates are not known.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Medical Service – If you feel unwell or injure yourself, a medical center can be found. Location: Landside, Departure Hall, 2nd Floor.
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Showers – Showers are available in the CIP Orchid Lounge [ see Airport Lounges above ]
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- Smoking – Smoking is permitted in dedicated smoking lounges (Airside, 2nd Floor).
- Spa Services – Bamboo Spa provides spa services. Hours: unknown. Location: Airside, 2nd Floor.
Da Nang Airport is open from 6:00AM – 11:00PM.
Da Nang airport is served by the following airlines: Air Asia • Air Busan • Air Macau • Air Seoul • Asiana Airlines • Bangkok Airways • Cambodia Airlines • Cathay Dragon • Eastar Jet • Hainan Airlines • Hong Kong Airways • Jeju Air • Jetstar Pacific • Jin Air • Korean Air • Okay Airways • Sichuan Airlines • T’Way Air • Vietjet Air • Vietnam Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
If you are traveling light, there is a bus stop which is an 8 minute walk from the airport terminal.
A car rental counter is available onsite.
At the time of this update, we were unable to find any hotels that provide airport shuttle service; however, there are several hotels that can arrange transfers for a fee. See also Airport Hotels above.
If you are travelling light you may opt to travel like a local and use this budget-friendly mode of transportation. Motorcycle taxis (Xe Om) are located outside the Domestic Arrivals Terminal.
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area.
Last updated: 2023-03-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, is subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers, and their websites. We are not representatives of any of the above-mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.