Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Dubai Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Dubai International Airport.
What to Expect
Dubai Airport consists of three terminals with four concourses. Terminals 1 and 3 (primarily international passengers) are directly connected with the transit area, while Terminal 2 (primarily Persian Gulf regional passengers) is located on the opposite side of the runways. Terminal 1 has one concourse—Concourse D—while Terminal 3 is divided into Concourses A, B and C. Terminals 1 and 2 are not as modern as Terminal 3. We often receive complaints about these two terminals, so adjust your expectations accordingly.
Shopping, dining and services are plentiful, and most eateries are open 24 hours. There is free WiFi and plenty of mobile charging stations throughout the airport. Economy class passengers can opt for fee-paid entrance into any number of airport lounges, some of which offer showers. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
As a major transit hub, long layovers are common and there are usually plenty of people looking for in-airport sleeping options. Reclining style chairs are available in various Rest Zones around the airport, but they generally tend to stay full. Gate areas have chairs, but most have armrests, thus it’s not uncommon to see people sleeping on the floor. As the terminals and concourses have an open layout, private nooks are rare. Noise and cold temperatures are frequent complaints, so consider ear plugs/noise-cancellation headphones and a warm sweater or travel blanket. Explore our guide to sleeping in Dubai Airport or read some traveller reviews for more tips. For uninterrupted sleep, there is an transit hotel in Terminal 3 and sleep pods in Terminals 1 and 3. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about itself and how you can enter one of these lounge even with an economy class ticket!
Passes Marhaba Lounge (D Gates) – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse D. Showers are available ($). Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Passes Ahlan Business Class Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, Airside, Concourse D. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
SkyTeam Lounge – Location: Terminal 1, Concourse D, Airside. Showers are available ($). Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Passes Marhaba Lounge (F Gates) – Location: Terminal 2, Airside, opposite Gates F3 and F4. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Passes Lounge at B – Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Concourse B, Departure Level, East Side, next to Gate B26. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Passes Marhaba Lounge (Concourse A) – Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Concourse A, between gates A3 and A2. Showers are available ($). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Passes Marhaba Lounge (Concourse B) – Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Concourse B, Departure Level, East Side, next to Gate B26. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
Passes Marhaba Lounge (Concourse C) – Location: Terminal 3, Airside, Concourse C, the East End of Terminal 1, between Gates C23 and C25. Showers are available ($). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs.
There are sleep pods and a transit hotel inside Dubai Airport and other hotels near the airport:
In Transit Dubai International Hotel – Located inside the secure zone of the airport. This hotel is for transit passengers only. From Terminal 3, access the hotel in Concourse A, B and C. Hotel guests have no access to and cannot retrieve their checked luggage while staying in the hotel. Rates are available in 6, 12 and 18 hour packages. » Check Rates
In Transit Snooze Cube – Located inside Terminal 1, Concourse D at Gate D7. These 13 soundproofed compact rooms come with bed, TV, music selection, and internet. Rates start at AED 75 (about $21 USD) per hour for single cube and AED 100 (about $28 USD) per hour for shared cube. Minimum 2 hour stay required. See a traveller review based on Nov 2018 experience before deciding to pre-book.
In Transit Sleep n’ Fly Lounge – Igloo-syle sleep pods that can accommodate 1 – 2 passengers. Location: inside the secure zone of Terminal 3, Concourse A, opposite Gate A1. Showers are available. Rates are applicable based on checkin/out times. Sample rates: US$ 33.00/2 hours/single use/day rate or US$ 81.00/5 hours/single use/evening rate. Pods are bookable by the hour with a 2 hour minimum. » Check Rates
At Airport Holiday Inn Express – (2 minutes from the airport) Located opposite Terminal 3. Free airport shuttle bus runs every :30 on the hour to/from Terminals 1 & 3. » Check Rates
At Airport Premier Inn Dubai International Airport – (2 minutes from the airport) Located opposite Terminal 3. Free shuttle bus runs 24 hours a day to/from airport Terminals 1 & 3 and from Terminal 2 between 3:00AM – 10:00PM. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Dubai Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Dubai International Airport. Connect to the “DXB Free WiFi” or “DWC Free WiFi” networks.
If you do not have a mobile device, internet kiosks are located beside Global Link (Gate C16) and Connect. These touch screen kiosks can be operated by those who have a Etisalat internet account or by swiping a credit card. Additional internet kiosks can found opposite the DCA First Class Lounge (Gate 9) and the Irish Village (Gate 23).
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – To access one of the airport’s Baby Care rooms, go to one of the Information Zones or ask a “May I Help You?” staff member for assistance.
- Children’s Play Area – Location: Terminal 3, Airside, near Gates B7 and B8.
- Health Club – Passengers can use the swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room, and gym on an hourly basis. Location: G-Force, Airside, behind the Dubai International Hotel. Access points are Terminal 1, Gate 115 and Terminal 3, Concourse 2 (above the Emirates Business & First Class lounges). Service fees are (as of December 2017):
- Shower – AED45
- Nautilus Gym – AED 45
- Gym + Shower – AED 70
- Steam Room, Sauna, Jacuzzi, Relaxation Pool – AED 55 each
- Relaxation Pool + Jacuzzi – AED 85
- Gym, Shower, Jacuzzi – AED 90
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – All food and beverages concessions are open 24 hours including: McDonald’s • Baskin Robbins • Costa Coffee.
- Information Desk – “one above each end of duty free airside T1. Landside has dedicated “May I help you?” staff walking around in blue polo shirts”. (submitted by a reader)
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Short term baggage storage is available in two areas of the airport: Terminal 1 (Arrivals – near RTA Taxi Area) • Terminal 3 (Arrivals – near Baby Changing area/washrooms). Hours: open 24 hours. Rates: from AED 40 – 50 (depending on the baggage size) every 12 hours.
- Luggage Trolleys – Available for use, free of charge, at any terminal.
- Luggage Wrapping – Fee: AED 25 per item at Terminals 1 and 2. AED 30 per item Terminal 3.
- Porters – If you need help with your luggage there are porters available to assist you. Rates: AED25 for a regular trolley and AED75 for a family size trolley. Pay the porter directly.
- Medical Centre – First aid and emergency medical attention is available at two locations: Terminal 1, below Gate C13 or Fox 7 • Terminal 3, between Fox 22-23, Level 0. You can also ask any of the “May I Help Staff” for assistance, they will get you the attention you need. Hours: 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – Boots (Location: Terminal 3, Departures, B Gates) • DDF Pharmacy (Location: multiple locations in Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 Departures). Hours: At the time of this update, hours were not known per location; however there pharmacies open 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging – A reader tells us that mobile charging points with USB and three pin plugs are widely available around many of the gates and concourses. (November 2019)
Pro Tip – Demand for charging points is high, so pick an unused gate!
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Terminals 1, 2 and 3.
- Currency Exchange – There are foreign exchange counters open 24 hours in Terminals 1, 2 and 3 (Airside).
- Prayer Rooms – Muslim prayer rooms are located throughout the airport and car park. Ablution facilities are available.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – There are quiet zones that provide reclining chairs to nap in between flights. Locations: Terminal 3, Concourses A and B, near Gates A1 • A16 • A21 • A24 • B1-2 • B7-8 • B10-11 • B14-23 • B25-27 • B29 • B31-32. Rate: Free. Pack some warm clothes and headphones. This airport gets cold and noisy.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Showers are available in the Gym and lounges [ see Airport Lounges above ]. There are also free shower facilities at the following locations: Terminal 3, between Gates B13 and B19 • Terminal 3, between Gates C18 and C22. If you are using the facilities at the Be Relax Spa (Terminal 3, near Gate A1) you can also make use of their shower facilities.
- Spa – Pamper yourself with relaxing massage services (including aromatherapy), body scrubs, reflexology.
- Timeless Spa – Location: Dubai International Hotel, Airside. Access points: Concourse A, A1 or A24 • Concourse B, B14 and B22 • Concourse C, C15 and C17.
- G-Force Health Club – Location: behind the Dubai International Hotel, Airside. Access points: Terminal 1, Gate 115 and Terminal 3, Concourse 2 (above the Emirates Business & First Class lounges.
- Be Relax, O2 Spa & Salon, XpresSpa – Locations: Be Relax (Gate A, Gate B, Gate C, Gate D) • O2 Spa & Salon (Gate B, Gate C) • XpresSpa (Gate B).
- Smoking Rooms – Locations: Terminal 1, airside, Gate D12, upper level • Terminal 2, airside, Departures • airside, Terminal 3, at Gates A2, A23, B7, B27, C9, C23.
Things to do & see
- Tours – There are tour operators that offer short city tours in the Arrivals Area. (submitted by a reader).
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of November 2018, Dubai International airport is served by the following airlines: Aeroflot • Air Algerie • Air Astana • Air Blue • Air Canada • Air China • Air France • Air India • Ariana Afghan Airlines • Azerbaijan Airlines • Biman Bangladesh Airlines • British Airways • Cathay Pacific Airways • Cebu Pacific • China Eastern • China Southern • Daalo Airlines • EgyptAir • Emirates • Equatorial Congo Airlines • Eritrean Airlines • Ethiopian Airlines • Finnair • Fly Dubai • Fly Nas • Gulf Air • Indi Go • Iran Asseman • Iran Air • Iraqi Airlines • Jazeera Airways • Jubba Airways • KAM • KLM • Kenya Airways • Kish Air • Korean Airlines • Libyan Airlines • Lufthansa • Mahan Air • Middle East Airlines • Naft Airlines • Nordstar • Norwegian • Oman Air • Pegasus • Philippine Airlines • Pakistan International • Qantas • Qeshm • Royal Brunei Airlines • Royal Jordanian • Rwand Air Express • Safiran Airlines • Saudi Arabian Airlines • Sichuan Airlines • Singapore Airlines • Soman Air • Spicejet • Srilankan Airlines • Swiss • Syrian Arab Airlines • Taban • Thai Airways • Transavia • Travel Servis • Turkish Airlines • Turkmenistan Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • United Airlines Bangladesh • Ural Airlines • Uzbekistan Airways • Virgin Atlantic Airways • Yemen Airways.
RTA public city buses can be found in the bus stands opposite all three terminals. The new SkyBus service runs direct between the airport and many of the area hotels. Passengers will need a NOL card to ride any of the RTA buses, including SkyBus. NOL cards can be purchased at the airport, the Hotels Information Desk, RTA bus drivers and all RTA metro and bus stations. For more information, visit the RTA web site.
Al Wefaq, Budget, Diamondlease, Europcar, Fast, Hertz and Sixt operate onsite in Terminal 1 Arrivals. Payless can be found in Terminal 2 Arrivals. Hertz and National are located in Terminal 3 Arrivals. Avis, Dollar and Thrifty are the only three car rental agencies located in the Arrivals area of all three airport terminals.
Passengers needing to travel between Terminals 1 and 3 may do so by using the airport’s free 24-hour shuttle bus, which runs between both terminals as well. Passengers with connecting flights are automatically transferred as a courtesy.
Some hotels in the area provide courtesy airport shuttle service. Ask your hotel about shuttle service details and availability. Here are some hotels that offer airport shuttle service: Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport • Millennium Airport Hotel Dubai • Premier Inn Dubai International Airport.
Two Metro lines connect Dubai International Airport with the city. These lines run every 10 minutes from Terminals 1 and 3, starting at 5:50AM daily (5:30AM on Thursday and 1:00PM on Friday). Services end at 12:00AM nightly (1:00AM on Thursday and Friday). Metro tickets and rechargeable NOL cards can be purchased at the airport. Designated carriages are available for women traveling alone or with children. Try a front “Gold Class” carriage for a scenic driverless front window view. All Metro stations have taxi ranks and buses available for onward travel. Many hotels are conveniently located near a Metro station.
Metered taxis are available for hire 24 hours a day from the taxi rank at the ground transportation area of the airport. Taxis are cream-colored, except for pink trimmed taxis, which are operated by female drivers. A flag drop charge of AED25 applies to rides departing from the airport and the charge for each km is AED1.96.
Last updated: 2018-11-20
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.