Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or are just quickly passing through, our Dubai Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
DXB Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Dubai International Airport.
What to Expect
Dubai Airport (Code: DXB) has three terminals with four concourses. Terminals 1 and 3 (primarily international passengers) are directly connected with the transit area, while Terminal 2 (primarily Persian Gulf regional passengers) is on the runways’ opposite side. Terminal 1 has one concourse—Concourse D—while Terminal 3 is divided into Concourses A, B and C. Terminals 1 and 2 are less modern than Terminal 3. We often receive complaints about these two terminals, so adjust your expectations accordingly.
Shopping, dining and services are plentiful, and most eateries are open 24 hours. There is free WiFi and plenty of mobile charging stations throughout the airport. Economy class passengers can opt for fee-paid entrance into several airport lounges, some of which offer showers. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Dubai Airport
As a major transit hub, long layovers are common, and plenty of people are usually looking for in-airport sleeping options. Reclining-style chairs are available in various Rest Zones around the airport, but they generally tend to stay occupied. Gate areas usually have chairs with armrests, so it’s common to see people sleeping on the floor. Private nooks are rare because the terminals and concourses have an open layout. Noise and cold temperatures are frequent complaints, so consider earplugs/noise-cancellation headphones and a warm sweater or travel blanket. Explore our guide to sleeping in Dubai Airport or read traveller airport reviews for more tips. If none of this sounds like an experience you wish to have (and you don’t mind paying), there is a transit hotel in Terminal 3 and sleep pods in Terminals 1 and 3. See our Airport Hotel section below for more info.
To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s website for current information. For more airport information, continue scrolling down to explore more in our Dubai Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about itself and how to enter one of these lounges even with an economy class ticket!
- Marhaba Lounge (D Gates) – Location: Airside, Concourse D. Showers are available ($). Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Ahlan Business Class Lounge – Location: Airside, Concourse D. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- SkyTeam Lounge – Location: Concourse D, Airside. Showers are available ($). Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
- Marhaba Lounge (F Gates) – Location: Airside, opposite Gates F3 and F4. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Ahlan Lounge at B – Location: Airside, Concourse B, Departure Level, East Side, next to Gate B26. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Marhaba Lounge (Concourse A) – Location: Airside, Concourse A, between gates A3 and A2. Showers are available ($). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Marhaba Lounge (Concourse B) – Location: Airside, Concourse B, Departure Level, East Side, next to Gate B26. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- Marhaba Lounge (Concourse C) – Location: Airside, Concourse C, the East End of Terminal 1, between Gates C23 and C25. Showers are available ($). Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
- The Gallery – Location: Airside, Concourse B, Level 4, near Gate B9. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass.
- Plaza Premium Lounge – Location: Airside, Concourse A, Level 4. Showers are available ($). Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door.
Related Pages: Dubai Airport Lounges
Dubai Airport Hotels, Sleep Pods, & Day Rooms
- Nearest Hotel: Inside the Airport
- Sleep Cabins & Pods: Yes
- Day Rooms: Yes
- Nearby Hotels with Free Shuttles: Yes
When the prospect of sleeping on the floor or in a chair gives you nightmares, there is good news for those who are looking to sleep at Dubai Airport in comfort. If you are on a layover, you don’t have to go through security, as sleep pods and a transit hotel offer short-term and overnight rates. On the landside, there are two hotels located within walking distance from Terminal 3.
Hotels inside Dubai Airport
These options are accessible to passengers in the transit/airside zone of the airport:
- Dubai International Hotel – Located inside the secure zone of the airport. This hotel is for transit passengers only. From Terminal 3, access the hotel in Concourse A, B and C. Hotel guests have no access to and cannot retrieve their checked luggage while staying in the hotel. Rates are available in 3, 6, 12 and 24 hour packages. » Check Rates
- Sleep n’ Fly Lounge – Igloo-style sleep pods and cabins that can accommodate 1 – 2 passengers. Rates are applicable based on check-in/out times. Sample rates from: US$ 32 (cabins) for a 2 hour period. Pods are bookable by the hour with a 2 hour minimum. Locations: Terminal 1, Airside, D Gates • Terminal 3, Airside, A Gates • Terminal 3, Airside, B Gates • Terminal 3, Airside, C Gates.
» Check Overnight Rates
» Book a 3-6 Hour Stay
Hotels at the airport
To access these hotels, transit passengers will need to go through immigration/security:
- Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport – Located opposite Terminal 3. Free 24-hour airport shuttle departs from the Arrivals Area. » Check Rates
- Premier Inn Dubai International Airport – Located opposite Terminal 3. Free 24-hour airport shuttle bus (only serving Terminal 1 and 3). » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Dubai Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Dubai International Airport. Connect to the “DXB Free WiFi” networks.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- SIM Cards – A reader tells us, “You [will receive] a free 1GB SIM card if you go through immigration that is valid for 24 hours.” (September 2022)
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – To access one of the airport’s Baby Care rooms, go to one of the Information Zones or ask a “May I Help You?” staff member for assistance.
- Children’s Play Area – At one point, there was a children’s play area located in Terminal 3, Airside, near Gates B26-B32. We were unable to confirm this at the time of our September 2023 update. If you know whether it’s still there, click here to update our guide.
- Health Club – Passengers can use the swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room, and gym on an hourly basis. Location: DIH Health Club, Airside, behind the Dubai International Hotel. Location: Terminal 3, Concourse B, above Gates B12 and B22. ). Service fees are (as of May 2023. Click here to send us the current rates.):
- Shower – AED51.45
- Nautilus Gym – AED 51.45
- Gym + Shower – AED 84.00
- All facilities (Gym, shower, Steam room, Jacuzzi, Pool): AED 78.75 (1 hour) • 115.50 (2 hours) • 147.00 (3 hours)
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – All food and beverages concessions are open 24 hours, including: McDonald’s • Baskin Robbins • Costa Coffee.
- Information Desk – “one above each end of duty-free airside T1. Landside has dedicated “May I help you?” staff walking around in blue polo shirts.” (submitted by a reader)
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Short-term baggage storage is available in two areas of the airport: Terminal 1 (Arrivals – near the Boots Pharmacy) • Terminal 3 (Arrivals – near Exit 1). Hours: open 24 hours. Rates: from AED 35 – 50 (depending on the baggage size) every 12 hours.
- Luggage Trolleys – Luggage trolleys are available for use, free of charge, at any terminal.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from theft and damage by having your bags wrapped in plastic. Fee: AED 30 per item at Terminals 1 and 2. AED 40 per item Terminal 3.
- Porters – If you need help with your luggage, there are porters available to assist you. Rates: AED40 for a regular trolley and AED100 for a family-size trolley. Pay the porter directly.
- Medical Centre – First aid and emergency medical attention is available at two locations: Terminal 1, below Gate C13 or Fox 7 • Terminal 3, between Fox 22-23, Level 0. You can also ask any of the “May I Help Staff” for assistance, they will get you the attention you need. Hours: 24 hours.
- Pharmacy – Boots (Locations: Terminal 1, Arrivals • Terminal 3, Departures, B Gates • Terminal 3, Arrivals, opposite taxi exit). Hours: 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging – A reader tells us that mobile charging points with USB and three pin plugs are widely available around many gates and concourses. (November 2019)
Pro Tip – Demand for charging points is high, so pick an unused gate!
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so check your bank’s fee schedule and daily withdrawal limit if you travel internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Terminals 1, 2 and 3.
- Currency Exchange – Foreign exchange counters are open 24 hours in Terminals 1, 2 and 3 (Airside).
- Prayer Rooms – Muslim prayer rooms are located throughout the airport and car park. Ablution facilities are available.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Some quiet zones provide reclining chairs to nap in between flights. Locations: Terminal 3, Concourses A and B, near Gates A1 • A16 • A21 • A24 • B1-2 • B7-8 • B10-11 • B14-23 • B25-27 • B29 • B31-32. Rate: Free. Pack some warm clothes and headphones. This airport gets cold and noisy.
Take precautions even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Showers are available in the Gym and lounges [ see Airport Lounges above ]. There are also free shower facilities at the following locations: Terminal 3, between Gates B13 and B19. If you are using the facilities at the Be Relax Spa (Terminal 3, near Gate A1), you can also use their shower facilities. Sleep ‘n Fly customers can use the Sleep Lounges shower facilities in Terminal 1, Concourse D and Terminal 3, Concourse B.
- Spa – Pamper yourself with relaxing massage services (including aromatherapy), body scrubs, and reflexology.
- Timeless Spa – Location: Dubai International Hotel, Airside. Access points: Concourse A, A24 • Concourse B, B14.
- G-Force Health Club – Location: Terminal 3, Concourse B (above Gates B12 and B22.
- Spas – Be Relax (T3, Concourse A, Gate 23 • XpresSpa (Terminal 3, Concourse B, Gate B21 • Terminal 3, Concourse B, Gate B17 • Terminal 3, Concourse C, Gate C22 ).
- Smoking Rooms – Locations: Terminal 1, airside, Gate D12, upper level • Terminal 2, Gate D12, Upper Level • Terminal 2, near departure area • Terminal 3, airside, at Gates A2, A23, B7, B27, C9, C23.
Things to do & see
- Tours – There are tour operators in the Arrivals area offering short city tours. (submitted by a reader).
Dubai Airport is open 24 hours.
Do you want to make the most of your stopover or long layover by getting out of the airport to do some sightseeing? Check out our Dubai Airport Layover Sightseeing guide or explore Things to do in Dubai on Tripadvisor.
Dubai International airport is served by the following airlines: Aeroflot Russian • Air Algérie • Air Astana • Air Blue • Air Baltic • Air Canada • Air China • Air France • Air India • Air Moldova • Air Peace • Air Sial • Arakia • Ariana Afghan Airlines • Azerbaijan Airlines • Azimuth Airlines • Badr Airlines • Biman Bangladesh Airlines • Belavia • British Airways • Cathay Pacific • Caspian Airlines • Cebu Pacific • Chanchangi Airlines • China Eastern Airlines • China Southern • Dalloo Airlines • Delta • Egyptair • El Al • Emirates • Equatorial Congo Airlines • Eritrean Airlines • Ethiopian Airlines • EXPO Aviation • Finnair • Fits Air • Fly A • Fly Arystan • Fly Baghdad • Fly Dubai • Fly Nas • Go First • Gulf Air • Himalaya Airlines • Indi Go • Iran Asseman • Iran Air • Iraqi Airlines • Israir • Jazeera Airways • Jet Airways • Jubba Airways • KAM • KLM • Kenya Airways • Kish Air • Kuwait Airways • Korean Airlines • Libyan Airlines • LOT • Lufthansa • Luxair • Mahan Air • Malaysian Airlines • Myanmar Airways • Middle East Airlines • Naft Airlines • Nepal Airlines • Norwegian • Oman Air • Pegasus • Philippine Airlines • Pakistan International • Qantas • Qeshm • Rossiya Airlines • Royal Brunei Airlines • Royal Jordanian • Royal Air Maroc • Rwand Air Express • S7 Airlines • Safi Airlines • Salam Air • Saudi Arabian Airlines • Serene Air • Shaheen International • Sichuan Airlines • Singapore Airlines • Smartwings • Somon Air • Spicejet • Srilankan Airlines • Sun Express • Swiss • Syrian Arab Airlines • TAAG • Taban • Tarco Airlines • Tarom • Taimyr Arilines • Thai Airways • Transavia • TAAG • Travel Servis • Tunisair • Turkish Airlines • Turkmenistan Airlines • Uganda Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • United Airlines • United Airways Bangladesh • United Bangla Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • Ural Airlines • Utair • Uzbekistan Airways • Vistara • Virgin Atlantic Airways • Wizz Air • Yemen Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
RTA public city buses can be found in the bus stands opposite all three terminals. Passengers will need a NOL card to ride any RTA buses, including SkyBus. NOL cards can be purchased at the airport, the Hotels Information Desk, RTA bus drivers and all RTA metro and bus stations. For more information, visit the RTA website.
Autostrad, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Europcar, Hertz, National, Sixt, Thrift, and Yelo operate onsite in Terminal 1 Arrivals. Avis, Dollar, Hertz, National, Sixt, Thrifty, and Yelo operate in Terminal 2, and Autostrad, Avis, Dollar, Europcar, Hertz, National, Sixt, and Thrifty operate in Terminal 3.
Passengers travelling between Terminals 1 and 3 may use the airport’s complimentary 24-hour shuttle bus.
Some area hotels provide airport shuttle service: Aloft Dubai Airport • Element Dubai Airport • Holiday Inn Express Dubai Airport • Le Meridien Dubai Hotel & Conference Centre • Premier Inn Dubai International Airport.
See also Airport Hotels above.
Two Metro stations connect Dubai International Airport with the city. The metro runs every 10 minutes from Terminals 1 and 3, starting at 5:00 AM daily and 8:00 AM on Sunday. Services end at 12:00 AM nightly (1:00 AM on Friday). Metro tickets and rechargeable NOL cards can be purchased at the airport. Designated carriages are available for women travelling alone or with children. Try a front “Gold Class” carriage for a scenic driverless front window view. All Metro stations have taxi ranks and buses available for onward travel. Many hotels are conveniently located near a Metro station.
Uber operates throughout Dubai. A ride from the airport to Old Cairo and New Cairo costs 80AED to 95AED, depending on the terminal.
Metered taxis are available for hire 24 hours a day from the taxi rank at the ground transportation area. Taxis are cream-coloured, except for pink-trimmed taxis, which female drivers operate. A flag drop charge of AED25 applies to rides departing from the airport, and the cost for each km is AED1.97.
Last updated: 2023-09-18
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, is subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers, and their websites. We are not representatives of any of the above-mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.