Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or are just quickly passing through, our Edmonton Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I was able to build a very comfortable bed between two chairs of my own, and actually almost overslept! – mrbene
YEG Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Edmonton International Airport.
What to Expect
Edmonton Airport (Code: YEG) consists of one long terminal with one end devoted to U.S.-bound flights and U.S. border pre-clearance and the remainder serving domestic and international flights. There are about a dozen shops, eateries and service providers on the landside (including a 24-hour convenience store) and a few dozen on the airside. The free WiFi helps pass the time. For additional comfort, while you wait, passengers can access one of the airport lounges for a fee. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for locations and rates.
Sleeping in Edmonton Airport
Reviewers have reported numerous sleeping options with various furniture throughout the airport, both landside and airside. In particular, you might enjoy the sofas by Gate 56 or the designated rest zone near Gate 16. The terminal is well-lit and quite noisy, with frequent public service announcements cited as incredibly annoying. Therefore, consider packing earplugs, noise-cancelling headphones, sleep masks, or other eyeshades. One airport employee left a review citing reports of theft, so be sure to keep a good eye on your belongings. For uninterrupted sleep, albeit for a price, a hotel is connected to the terminal and other nearby airport hotels within easy shuttle distance. See Airport Hotels in the guide below or read traveller reviews for more tips.
Good to Know
A new 70-store outlet mall is available on the airport grounds. Shuttle service to and from the airport is available departing from Door 9 in the Arrivals and Entrance 2 of the outlet mall.
To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos. You can also visit the airport’s website for current information. For more airport information, continue scrolling down to explore more in our Edmonton Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Location: Domestic/International Departures, Airside, near Gate 54. Lounge Access: Air Canada ticket holders can purchase a pass at the time of booking or online check-in • Lounge membership programs.
Plaza Premium Lounge – Temporarily Closed – Locations: US Transborder Departures, Airside, near Gate 88. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
Plaza Premium Lounge – Location: Domestic/International Departures, Airside, Level 2, Gate 54. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Lounge membership programs.
Related Pages: Edmonton Airport Lounges
If sleeping in Edmonton airport sounds like a nightmare, there is a hotel connected to the terminal and other nearby hotels that provide free airport shuttles:
Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel – Conveniently connected to the terminal. » Check Rates
Hotels near Edmonton Airport with shuttles:
- Fairfield by Marriott Edmonton International Airport » Check Rates
- Ramada Edmonton International Airport » Check Rates
- Days Inn Suites Edmonton Airport » Check Rates
- Super 8 Edmonton International Airport » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Edmonton Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Airport WiFi / Internet
Free WiFi is available at Edmonton Airport. Connect to the “EIA_FREE_WIFI ” network. If you do not have a mobile device, a computer kiosk is available, free of charge (maximum 10 minutes users), at the Information booth on the Arrivals Level, across Door 7.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Business Workstations – Several workstations can be found throughout the terminal. Locations: (6) Airside, Central Hall • (4) Airside, Gate 49, (2) Gate 18. The information desk has a computer terminal for public use, free of charge for 10 minutes. Location: Arrivals Level, across Door 7.
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Room – If you are travelling with an infant, there is a baby care room for breastfeeding and diaper changing. The baby care room offers comfortable seating, a water fountain and privacy curtains. Two Locations: Domestic-International Departures, Airside, between Gates 14 & 16 • Landside, Mezzanine Level, near Conference Rooms. Hours: unknown.
- Children’s Play Areas – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of three children’s play areas. Locations: US Departures Lounge, airside, by Gate 88 • Domestic-International Departures Lounge, airside, by Gate 68 • Domestic-International Departures Lounge, airside, by Gate 16.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drink – Food concessions (40 + restaurants) throughout the terminal operate with varying schedules, with many open at 4:00 AM. Unfortunately, at the time of our September 2023, there are no 24/7 food concessions in the terminal. However, the convenience store Circle K Convenience Shop, located on the landside, is open 24 hours.
- Airport Ambassadors – Flag down a friendly airport ambassador if you have questions or need assistance. Their teal blue shirts make them easy to spot!
- Information Desk – If you have questions, visit the airport information booth for assistance. Location: Landside, Arrivals Level, across from Door 7. Hours: 8:00AM – 12:00AM (Mon – Fri) • 9:00AM – 8:00PM (Sat) • 9:00AM – 12:00AM (Sun).
- Coat Check – CAD 2 per item/day, or free if you park in one of the following parking areas: jetSet • Value Park • Easy Parkade • Priority Valet. Must present a parking ticket or receipt of payment for parking. Location: Priority Valet office, landside, Departures Level. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Available for transit passengers only. Photo ID, flight itinerary or boarding pass, and two government-issued pieces of identification are required (flight must be within 24 hours). Fee: CAD 3 – $10 per item per day. Two locations: Ground Transportation & Baggage Storage, landside, Arrivals Level, between Doors 5 and 7. Hours: Unknown.
- Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from theft and damage by having your bags wrapped in plastic. Fee: CAD 9 per bag. Location: near Priority Valet, Departure Level, close to Central Security. Hours: Unknown.
- Mobile Charging – Charging stations are located throughout the terminal.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so check your bank’s fee schedule and daily withdrawal limit if you travel internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside (including three on the US Departures side).
- Currency Exchange – International Currency Exchange (ICE) has four offices:
» Landside: Arrivals Level 1, between Door 9 and 10 (Hours: 10:30 AM – 10:30 PM) • Central Hall Departures, Level 2 (Hours: 5:00 AM -5:00 PM).
» Domestic-International Departures Lounge, by Gate 60 (Hours: 5:00 AM – 10:00 PM) • US Departures Lounge (4:30 AM – 4:30 PM).
- Pet Therapy – The airport has a rotation of 9 teams of dogs and their handlers. Passengers can interact with the animals as a great way to relax before their flight. Trading cards with pictures and puppy stats are also available, which could be fun if you are travelling with children.
- Pet Relief Areas – Travelling with a four-legged companion? Three outdoor pet relief areas are available. All the spaces come equipped with waste bags and conveniently located garbage cans. Locations:
» Landside: outside of Door 1 (North) • across from Door 3, by parkade • outside of Door 10 (South).
» Airside: between Gates 52 and Gate 54
- Chapel – Interfaith Chapel. Prayer mats and a washroom are available. Location: Arrivals Level, landside, at the south end, near Door 10. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – No dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones exist. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- Duty-Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available in two locations: Airside, near Gate 58 • Airside, U.S.-bound flights area. A variety of retail shops are available throughout the airport.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Massages – At one point, an Escape Massage & Wellness shop was located Airside, near Gate 54. We could not confirm their location during our September 2023 update. If you know where they are, click here to update our guide.
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking – Five areas on the Departures and Arrivals levels (landside) are available. There is nothing airside.
Things to do & see
- Live Entertainment – Live performances, interactive activities and art displays are held throughout the year.
The airport is open 24 hours.
Edmonton airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • Air North • Alaska Airlines • Canadian North • Central Mountain Air • Condor • Flair Airlines • KLM • Lynx Air • Northwestern Air • Porter Airlines • Sunwing • Swoop • United Airlines • WestJet.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Bus and Shuttle
Whether you are looking for a local bus, shuttle or long distance coach bus, YEG airport has several connections for you.
Route 747 Bus, an express service on the Edmonton Transit System’s network, transfers passengers between the airport and Century Park Transit Centre in just 24 minutes. Connections to other ETS transit services are available throughout the journey. The fare is $3.50 for a one-way ticket. For more information, visit the ETS website.
Skyshuttle (Temporarily unavailable) is a shared-ride door-to-door service between the airport and Edmonton, stopping only at requested locations. Fares start at $18 per person one-way. For more information, visit the Skyshuttle website.
ebus offers daily coach service between the airport, Edmonton, Red Deer, Fort McMurray and Calgary. Services are timed to coincide with many flight schedules. Discounted fares are available online. For more information, visit the ebus website.
Red Arrow offers shuttle service between the airport and Edmonton city centre. For more information, visit the Red Arrow website.
SunDog Tours offers a year-round daily shuttle service between the airport and Jasper National Park. Pick-up is at 3:15 PM at Door 10 (Arrivals) by reservation only.
Leduc Transit provides regular buses to the city of Leduc. For more information, visit the Leduc Transit website.
Car rental desks are on the Ground Level of the Parkade, outside Door 8. The following agencies are available onsite: Alamo • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise, Hertz • National • Thrifty. Visit our travel partner at Tripadvisor to search for car rental deals.
Several area hotels provide airport shuttle service: Airways Country Inn • Days Inn Edmonton Airport • Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton International Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport • Holiday Inn Express Edmonton International Airport • Quality Inn Airport – Edmonton • Super 8 Edmonton International Airport.
See also Airport Hotels above.
Uber and Lyft operate throughout Canada. A ride from the airport to Downtown Edmonton costs from $40 to $50.
Several taxi and limousine companies operate from the Commercial Taxi area, but other taxis may pick up or drop off passengers there if prior arrangements are made. Wheelchair-accessible taxis must be reserved in advance through the Ground Transportation Desk at the airport or by contacting your service provider of choice. At the time of this update, the flat rate between the airport and downtown Edmonton is $62 by taxi and $71 by limo.
Last updated: 2023-10-10
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, is subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers, and their websites. We are not representatives of any of the above-mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.