Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Edmonton Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I was able to build a very comfortable bed between two chairs of my own, and actually almost overslept! – mrbene
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Edmonton International Airport.
What to Expect
Edmonton International Airport consists of one long terminal with one end devoted to U.S.-bound flights and U.S. border pre-clearance, and the remainder serving domestic and international flights. There are about a dozen shops, eateries and service providers on the landside (including a 24-hour Tim Horton’s), and a couple of dozen on the airside. The free WiFi helps pass the time. For additional comfort while you wait, passengers can access one of the airport lounges for a fee. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
Reviewers have reported numerous sleeping options with a wide variety of furniture throughout the airport, both landside and airside. In particular, you might enjoy the sofas by Gate 56 or the designated rest zone near Gate 16. The airport is well lit and quite noisy, with frequent public service announcements cited as being especially annoying. Therefore, consider packing earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones and a sleep mask or other eyeshade. One airport employee left a review citing reports of theft, so be sure to keep a good eye on your belongings. For uninterrupted sleep, albeit for a price, there is a hotel connected to the terminal, and other nearby airport hotels within easy shuttle distance. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
A new 70-store outlet mall is available on the airport grounds. Shuttle service to and from the airport is available.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge – Location: Domestic/International Departures, Airside, South Terminal. Lounge Access: Air Canada ticket holders can purchase a pass at the time of booking or online check-in • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Plaza Premium Lounge – Location: Domestic/International Departures, Airside, Level 2, Gate 54. Lounge Access: Pay at the Door • Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Edmonton Airport does not appeal to you, there are a few hotels at the airport and near the airport:
At Airport Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel – This is the only hotel connected to the airport. » Check Rates
Near Airport Fairfield by Marriott Edmonton International Airport – (2 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle service. » Check Rates
Near Airport Ramada Edmonton International Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle service. » Check Rates
Near Airport Days Inn Suites Edmonton Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) Free 24-hour airport shuttle service. » Check Rates
Near Airport Super 8 Edmonton International Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available on request. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Edmonton Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Airport WiFi / Internet
Free WiFi is available at Edmonton Airport. Connect to the “EIA_FREE_WIFI ” network. If you do not have a mobile device, a computer kiosk is available to use, free of charge (maximum 10 minutes usage), at the Information booth on the Arrivals Level.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Business Workstations – The information desk has a computer terminal for public use, free of charge for 10 minutes. Location: airside, Central Hall, Domestic & International Passenger Lounge and landside at the Information Booth on the Arrivals Level. Rate: free (time limit 10 minutes)
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Room – offers comfortable seating, water fountain and privacy curtains. Location: Airside, between Gates 14 & 16. Hours: unknown.
- Children’s Play Areas – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to one of three children’s play areas. Locations: US Departures Lounge, airside, by Gate 80 • Domestic-International Departures Lounge, airside, by Gate 66 • North Terminal Departures Lounge. Older kids can enjoy the XBox Connection, located in the US Departures lounge.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drink – Food concessions (40 + restaurants) throughout the airport operate with varying schedules with many open at 4:00AM. At the time of this update, these options are open 24 hours: Tim Hortons (Landside, Central Hall, Arrivals Level 1) • Circle K Convenience Shop (Landside).
- Airport Ambassadors – Flag down a friendly airport ambassador if you have questions or need assistance. Their teal blue shirts make them easy to spot!
- Information Desk – Location: (landside, Arrivals Level, across from Door 7). Hours: 8:00AM – 12:00AM (Mon – Fri) • 9:00AM – 8:00PM (Sat) • 9:00AM – 12:00AM (Sun)
- Coat Check – $2 per item / per day, or free if you parked on-site at the airport. Must present parking ticket or receipt of payment for parking. Location: Priority Valet office, landside, Departures Level. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Available for transit passengers only. Photo ID and flight itinerary or boarding pass required (flight must be within 24 hours). Fee: $3 – $10 CAD per item, per day. Two locations: Ground Transportation & Baggage Storage, landside, Arrivals Level, between Doors 5 and 7 • Priority Valet, landside, Departures Level, south of Door 27, opposite Travel & Leisure store. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Luggage Wrapping – Fee: $9 CAD per bag. Location: near Priority Valet. Hours: Open 24 hours.
- Mobile Charging – Charging stations are located throughout the terminal.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside and Airside (including 3 on the US Departures side).
- Currency Exchange – One ATM, located airside in US Departures, dispenses both CAD and USD. There are four International Currency Exchange offices:
» Landside: Arrivals Level 1 (Hours: 10:30AM – 10:30PM) • Central Hall Departures, Level 2 (Hours: 5:00AM -5:00PM).
» Domestic-International Departures Lounge, by Gate 60 (Hours: 5:00AM – 10:00PM) • US Departures Lounge (4:30AM – 4:30PM).
- Pet Therapy – The airport has a rotation of 9 teams of dogs and their handlers. Passengers can interact with the animals as a great way to relax before your flight. Trading cards with pictures and puppy stats are also available which could be fun if you are traveling with children.
- Pet Relief Areas – Three outdoor pet relief areas are available. Locations: outside of Door 1 (North) • outside of Door 10 (South) • northwest corner of the Easy Parkade (near metered parking and Rendezvous), opposite Door 3.
- Chapel – Interfaith Chapel. Prayer mats and a washroom are available. Location: Arrivals Level, landside, at the south end. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available only to passengers leaving the country directly from Edmonton. Two airside locations: South Departures Lounge and US Passengers Lounge. Hours: Open 2 hours prior to first international flight departure of the day, and closed after last international flight of the day. A variety of retail shops are available throughout the airport.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Massages – Escape Massage & Wellness offers seated massage, reflexology and Reiki to help you feel more relaxed while waiting for your flight. Rates: $20 (10 mins) • $25 (15 mins) • $30 (20 mins) • $40 (25 mins) • $50 (30 mins). Location: Airside, near Gate 54. Hours: 8:00AM – 6:00PM.
- Salon – unknown
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking – There are seven smoking areas available on the Departures and Arrivals levels (landside). There is nothing airside.
Things to do & see
- Live Entertainment – live performances, interactive activities and art displays are held throughout the year.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of May 2019, Edmonton airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada/Express • Air North • Air Transat • Alaska Airlines • American Airlines • Canadian North • Central Mountain Air • Delta • First Air • Flair Airlines • Icelandair • KLM • Northwestern Air • Sunwing • Swoop • United Airlines • WestJet.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Bus and Shuttle
Whether you are looking for a local bus, shuttle or a long distance coach bus, the airport has a number of connections for you.
Route 747 Bus, an express service on the Edmonton Transit System’s network, transfers passengers between the airport and Century Park Transit Centre in just 24 minutes. Connections to other ETS transit services are available throughout the journey. Fare is $5 cash or two ETS tickets. For more information, visit the ETS website.
Skyshuttle is a shared-ride door-to-door service that operates between the airport and Edmonton, stopping only at requested locations. Fares start at $18 per person one-way or $30 per person roundtrip. For more information, visit the Skyshuttle website.
ebus offers daily coach service between the airport, Edmonton, Red Deer and Calgary. Services are timed to coincide with many flight schedules, particularly Icelandair. Discounted fares are available online. For more information, visit the ebus website.
Red Arrow offers shuttle service between Cold Lake and the airport, stopping along the way in Bonnyville, Smoky Lake and Edmonton. Airport pick-up must be reserved in advance, and all airport bookings must be made by 2:30PM on the day of departure. For more information, visit the Red Arrow website.
SunDog Tours offers a year-round daily shuttle service between the airport and Jasper National Park. Pick-up is at 3:15PM at Door 10 (Arrivals), by reservation only.
Car rental desks are located on Level P1 (Ground Level) of the Parkade. The following agencies are available onsite: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Enterprise, Hertz, National and Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Airways Country Inn • Best Western Plus Denham Inn & Suites • Crystal Star Inn • Days Inn Edmonton Airport • Executive Hotel Alexandra at Edmonton Airport • Executive Royal Hotel Leduc-Nisku • Four Points by Sheraton Edmonton International Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Edmonton International Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Edmonton International Airport • Holiday Inn Express Edmonton International Airport • Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Edmonton Airport & Conference Centre • Quality Inn Airport – Edmonton • Ramada Edmonton International Airport • Super 8 Edmonton International Airport • Western Budget Motel Leduc #1 • Western Budget Leduc #2 • Wingate by Wyndham Leduc Edmonton Airport
Six taxi and limousine companies operate from the Commercial Taxi area, but other taxis may pickup or drop off passengers there if prior arrangements are made. Wheelchair-accessible taxis must be reserved in advance through the Ground Transportation Desk at the airport, or by contacting your service provider of choice. At the time of this update, the flat rate between the airport and downtown Edmonton is CA$55 by taxi and CA$66 by limo.
Last updated: 2019-05-16
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.