Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Entebbe Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Clean, well guarded, place to eat, duty free goods, international phones, not much to do but then no one has reason to layover there too long. -Robert
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Entebbe International Airport.
What to Expect
- A clean, well-guarded international airport with two terminals, currently undergoing expansion and modernization. There’s a small selection of shops and a few very good dining options.
- Lines for check-in and immigration are long, but orderly. Lines for boarding can be a little chaotic.
- Restrooms may not have toilet paper, so bring your own!
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping at the Entebbe Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Executive Airport Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Airport View Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available upon request. » Check Rates
- 2Friends Beach Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available upon request. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Entebbe Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Entebbe Airport in the transit concourse. Easy World internet cafe is located in Arrivals.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. The machines are run by Barclays, Crane Bank and Stanbic. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. Locations: unknown.
Currency Exchange -Yes. Jet Set Forex is available in Arrivals and Norfrax is available in Departures. Hours: unknown.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available. Locations and hours are not known.
Food & Drinks – Two dining options are available in the airport: Voyager Bar & Restaurant (Departures area) • Crane Cafeteria (Arrivals area). Hours: unknown.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Location: Arrivals Hall
Post Office – Posta Uganda. Location: Departures level, 1st Floor. Hours: 8:00AM – 12:45PM and 2:00PM – 5:00PM (Mon – Fri) • 8:00AM – 1:00PM (Sat).
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers can be found in the Karubuni Lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Smoking Areas – There is a designated smoking area in the Arrivals Hall.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Entebbe airport is served by the following airlines: Air Uganda • British Airways • Brussels Airlines • Eagle Air • Egypt Air • Emirates Airlines • Ethiopian Airlines • Fly540 • Kenya Airways • KLM • Skyjet Aviation • South African Airways • Rwandair Express.
The following car rental companies are available: Hertz • Europcar • Super Shuttle • Auto Relay Limited.
Airport Transfers are provided by Airport Transfer Company Uganda. For rates, schedules and routes, visit the Airport Transfer Company website.
Some cars are metered, while others are not. You should confirm the price before you enter the car.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.