Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Erbil Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Baggage handling is very slow, and in case of delayed baggage you need to go collect your things, no matter how much it will cost you to travel back to Erbil – a traveller (2016)
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Erbil International Airport.
What to Expect
- A new and modern single-terminal international airport. Shopping and dining options are limited and pricey, but open 24 hours.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- Diwan Lounge – Location: unknown. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: unknown
If sleeping in Erbil Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Ankawa Royal Hotel & Spa – (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Darin Plaza Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request. » Check Rates
- Grand Palace Hotel– (15 minutes from the airport) The hotel can arrange taxi pick-up ($30 each way). » Check Rates
- Jouhayna Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport pick-up is available. For transfers to Terminal 1 you will pay $30.00 each way, while Terminal 2 is free. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Erbil Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baby Care Facilities – Limited baby care facilities are available.
Currency Exchange – Yes, available 24 hours.
Duty Free & Shopping – Yes, open 24 hours.
Food & Drinks – Yes, available 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Prayer Room – Yes, open 24 hours.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Erbil airport is served by the following airlines: Cham Wings Airlines • Armenia Aircompany • Zagros Jet • Atlasglobal • Air Berlin • Iraqi Airways • Fly Baghdad • Bora Jet.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Taxis are available for hire 24 hours a day just outside of the terminal or at the taxi reservation center. At the time of this update, the average one-way fare from the airport to the city center is about $15 USD and from the city to the airport is around $10. Payment is by cash only. Important note: All vehicles traveling to the airport are required to stop at a security checkpoint for a baggage search before reaching the airport. You will be required to exit the vehicle, but will be allowed to re-enter the taxi after the search is conducted.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.