Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Fes Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
the seats put my back at an angle that you could only see in Cirque du Soleil. – mikekres
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Fes-Saïss Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with a limited selection of shops and restaurants. Restaurants close at night, so have some food and beverages handy for late-night snacking.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers who chose to spend the night here described their overnight stay as safe and uneventful, but uncomfortable due to the seating, and would stay at a hotel or hostel next time. Have a sleeping bag or travel blanket and pillow handy for added comfort if you choose to spend the night, especially during the winter months! A sleep mask and earplugs or noise-cancelling headphones are handy to block out the airport’s bright lights and loud airport music.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Fes Airport does not appeal to you, there is a hotel near the airport:
- Diamant Vert – (10 minutes from the airport) Budget lodging and water park, close to the airport. Airport shuttle is available upon request. ($) » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Fes Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Fes Airport for 3 hours.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts are available. Locations: unknown.
Currency Exchange – Currency exchange kiosks are offered by Global Exchange, Investors Relations and BMCE Bank. Locations: both landside and airside. Hours: open during flight operation hours.
Duty Free & Shopping – Two duty-free shops are available in the pre-boarding area, along with a Hudson Newsstand and a LaCoste retail boutique.
Food & Drinks – Cafeterias are located before and after security.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available in the EMU (Emergency Medical Unit). Location: Departures Hall. Hours: Open 24 hours.
Post Office – A mailbox is located in the Departures Customs Control and the Public Hall.
Prayer Rooms – There are two prayer rooms. Locations: Landside, 1st Floor and Airside, Boarding Area.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – A designated smoking area can be found Airside, in the boarding area, near the Hudson Kiosk.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Fes airport is served by the following airlines: RyanAir • Royal Air Maroc • Jet Air Fly • Air Arabia • TAP Portugal.
The following car rental companies have offices at the airport: Air Car • France Car • Marloc Europcar • Scal Avis • Starc Hertz.
Taxis are available 24 hours per day. The taxi station is located at the Arrivals Esplanade. At the time of this December 2017 update, the cost of a taxi to the Fes city center is approx. 120 dirhams.
Last updated: 2018-10-29
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.