Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Gaborone Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Very basic barn-like airport, no real way to get any sense of privacy or security while sleeping. – unknown
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Sir Seretse Khama International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport, barn-like in structure, with a big open areas inside. There’s a decent snack shop, but no real entertainment in the terminal. You just sit…and wait. At least the seats are padded!
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Gaborone Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Travelodge – (15 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available upon request. » Check Rates
- Capital Guest House – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available for a fee. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Gaborone Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Gaborone Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 6:00AM – 10:00PM, or according to flight schedule for that day.
As of February 2018, Gaborone airport is served by the following airlines: South African Airways • Ethiopian Airlines • Air Botswana.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Various types of taxis, from private to shared to combi minivan-type taxis, are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.