Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Guatemala City Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
It was already closed but they opened the door and asked me what time did my flight take-off (about 09:00am). it was enough early so I could sleep there. – AirLife
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Guatemala City Airport.
What to Expect
- A modern and bustling single-terminal international airport with minimal facilities and NO air-conditioning.
- Only ticketed passengers are allowed to enter the airport.
- There is a heavy police presence.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight sleeping is not permitted at this airport. Check out our Airport Hotels section for suggestions on nearby hotels (some have airport shuttle!).
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
Good to Know
- If you find the airport’s restaurants to be expensive, there are a few cheap snack shops if you choose to venture out of the airport, about 1-2 blocks past the airport bus stop.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Copa Club – Location: Main International Terminal, Airside, next to Gate 14. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
- Los Añejos Lounge – Location: International Terminal, Airside, North Wing, between Gates 6 and 7. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Guatemala City Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Dai Nonni Hotel – (8 minutes from the airport) The hotel will arrange a driver for your airport pick-up. Approx. cost is US$10.00. Return service from the hotel to the airport is provided via taxi, approx. US$4.00. » Check Rates
- Hotel Santander Plaza – (10 minutes from the airport) Roundtrip airport shuttle service is available. The shuttle is free, Monday to Saturday between 8:00AM and 5:00PM, transfers outside these hours cost US$10.00 each way. You must book in advance. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Guatemala City Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available airside at Guatemala City Airport. A reviewer tells us that WiFi is available in the gated areas of the terminal, but you must have a Guatemalan mobile phone in order to use it.
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by Citbank and Bancared. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: Landside, Third Floor / Landside, Arrivals Hall, First Floor.
Currency Exchange – Global Exchange – Location: Landside, International Departures, Third Floor / Landise, International Arrivals, First Floor – Hours: 3:00AM – 7:30PM (Daily).
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available at the airport.
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update there were no 24 hour food concessions at the airport.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 03:00 AM until the last flight.
As of March 2018, Guatemala City airport is served by the following airlines: Delta • Air Canada • Avianca • United Airlines • American Airlines • Interjet • Aeromexico • Copa.
The following car rental companies can be found at the airport: Ahorrent, Hertz, Avis, Budget, Payless Car Rental, Hertz, Thrifty y National, Dollar, Advantage.
Flat-rate taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.