Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Harare Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
After two “Scheduled Meetings” with both am and pm heads of security, it was decided that we could stay. – DK
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Harare International Airport.
What to Expect
- A mid-size single-terminal international airport with limited shopping and dining options, all of which close by 10:00PM.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Harare Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- N1 Hotel – (20 minutes from the airport) A new budget hotel. No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Sunbird Guest House – (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available, rates start at $35.00 USD each way for a minimum of 2 passengers, up to $70,00 USD if pick-up is after midnight. » Check Rates
- Holiday Inn Harare – (20 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Harare Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available the Harare Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? An ATM is available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans.
Currency Exchange – Yes
Duty Free & Shopping – Yes
Food & Drinks – Yes
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – Yes
Medical Care – Yes
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Pharmacy – Yes
Post Office – Yes
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking Lounges – Yes
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Harare airport is served by the following airlines: Emirates • South African Airways • Ethiopian Airlines.
Only flat-rate taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. However, shared-ride taxis offer an alternative way to reach the airport for much less.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.