Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Hobart Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
the security kept trying to make conversation with me, which was nice, but I was drunk and sobering up to a hangover. – A
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Hobart Airport.
What to Expect
- Hobart airport has two terminals: one for domestic flights and the other for international flights.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- According to reviewers, this airport is closed at night after the last flight.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport is closed at night, sleeping here is not possible.
- For daytime naps, a reader tells us “there are a series of wooden benches in domestic departures, which do not have arm rests and could be slept on – though hard. There are also two decent sized bench seats with cushioning located here: go toward gate 6, entering the corridor that comes out with toilets and gate 6 to your left. Around to the right and by the window, there are two cushioned benches that could be slept on quite comfortably if need be!
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Qantas Club). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Qantas Club – Location: Airside. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
Saffire Lounge – Location: Arrivals. Hours: 9:00AM – 5:00PM. Lounge Access: open to guests of the Saffire Freycinet Hotel only.
If sleeping in Hobart Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport::
- Travelodge Hotel Hobart Airport – (5 min shuttle ride from the airport) Located adjacent to the airport, this hotel provides free airport shuttle service from 7:00AM – 5:00PM.
- Hobart Airport Tourist Park – (5 min shuttle ride from the airport) Located adjacent to the airport, the tourist park has self-contained cabins, a caravan park, and a campground. Free airport shuttle is available from 9:00AM – 5:00PM.
- Ramada Resort by Wyndham Seven Mile Beach – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport transfers available.
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hobart Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Hobart Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside (Arrivals) • Airside (across from Qantas Lounge • across from Gate 2-5).
Baby Care Facilities – There are baby changing facilities located throughout the airport.
Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area.
Drinking Water – Thirsty? Water fountains are available in the Arrivals Area (Baggage Claim) and Airside at Gate 6.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty free shopping is not available; however, you will find two shops that offer regional merchandise, souvenirs, food, and wine. Reading materials, travel items, snacks, and drinks are available for purchase at Runway News.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Options include: Ground Up ▪ Red Square Cafe HBA ▪ The Kitchen ▪ The Marketplace ▪ Tiger Tails.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – A reader tells us there are multiple charging points in the departure lounge that include USB ports. You will find them scattered around the main departure area, as well as one tree at gate 6. (January 2020)
Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
Showers – Not available.
Smoking – Permitted outside the terminal in 2 designated locations (Landside only).
The airport is open from 4:00AM – 10:30PM, or an hour after the last flight of the day. Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
As of May 2019, Hobart airport is served by the following airlines: Jetstar • Qantas • Tigerair • Virgin Australia.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The SkyBus departs every 30 minutes, 7 days a week from the airport with delivery to four drop-offs in the heart of the city. Tickets can be purchased online or from E-kiosks at the airport. For more information, visit the SkyBus website.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: Avis, Bargain Car Rentals, Budget, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz, Redspot and Thrifty. Location: a short walk across the road from the central terminal.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Travelodge Hotel Hobart Airport
Taxis are available at the taxi rank located outside of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation.
Last updated: 2020-03-13
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.