Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Hobart Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
the security kept trying to make conversation with me, which was nice, but I was drunk and sobering up to a hangover. – A
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Hobart Airport.
What to Expect
- Hobart airport has two terminals: one for domestic flights and the other for international flights.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- According to reviewers, this airport is closed at night after the last flight.
- Economy class passengers can pay to use one of the first class lounges. See Airport Lounges below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Since the airport is closed at night, sleeping here is not recommended.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Qantas Club). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Hobart Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport::
- Travelodge Hotel Hobart Airport – (5 min shuttle ride from the airport) Located adjacent to the airport, this hotel provides free airport shuttle service. » Check Rates
- Hobart Airport Tourist Park – (5 min shuttle ride from the airport) Located adjacent to the airport, the tourist park has self-contained cabins, a caravan park, and a campground. Airport shuttle is available for a minimum fee. » Check Rates
- Wyndham Vacation Resorts Seven Mile Beach – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Hobart Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Hobart Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baby Care Facilities – There are baby changing facilities located throughout the airport.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty free shopping is not available; however, you will find two shops that offer regional merchandise, souvenirs, food, and wine. Reading materials, travel items, snacks, and drinks are available for purchase at Runway News.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. Options include: The Marketplace ▪ Black Café roasted by Villino ▪ Iron House Bar ▪ Trattoria Prego.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 4:00AM – 10:30PM, or an hour after the last flight of the day. Overnight stays are not permitted at this airport.
As of March 2018, Hobart airport is served by the following airlines: Virgin Australia • Jetstar • Qantas • Tigerair.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental agencies are available onsite: AutoRent, Avis, Bargain Car Rentals, Budget, Europcar, Hertz, Redspot and Thrifty. Location: a short walk across the road from the central terminal.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service to their guests either for a fee or as a courtesy. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Travelodge Hotel Hobart Airport
The Redline Airporter offers shared-ride door-to-door service between the airport and your lodging of choice in Hobart city center. Trips to the airport must be pre-booked at least 2 hours before requested pick up.
Taxis are available at the taxi rank located outside of the airport terminal during airport hours of operation.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]