Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Iguaçu Falls Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I slept peacefully on a bench (which I wiped clean with baby wipes) for about 5 hours until I was woken by a curious security guard early in the morning. – captaintevo
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Foz do Iguaçu/Cataratas International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny single-terminal international airport with limited amenities, located in a small town.
- The food court has several 24-hour dining options and a TV that stays on all night, creating a decent, although not very exciting, place to pass time in the airport.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- There aren’t many places to sleep, as this is a tiny airport, but one recent reviewer found a bench to sleep on. The airport is fairly safe and quiet at night, so if you have a travel mattress or sleeping bag handy, you may be able to sleep soundly on the floor.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Gold Smiles VIP – Location: Airside.
If sleeping in Iguaçu Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport and National park:
- Hotel Harbor Colonial – (3 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available ($). » Check Rates
- Hotel Canzi Cataratas – (4 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- San Martin Hotel & Resort – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- San Juan Eco Hotel – Airport transfers are available upon request ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Iguaçu Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Foz de Iguacu Airport for a fee.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available 24 hours a day. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: in the Main Lobby.
Baby Care Facilities – Changing facilities are available in the Departures Hall and Main Lobby.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours in the food court: Deltaexpresso • Rei do Pão de Queijo.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Lockers are available. Location: Lobby. Hours: 5:00AM – 11:00PM. Rates: unknown.
Luggage Wrapping – Protec Bag luggage wrapping service is available. Fee: unknown. Location: Check-In Area. Hours: 4:00AM – 8:00AM and 10:30AM – 8:00PM.
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available 24 hours a day in the passenger terminal. Ask an airport staff member for assistance.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Shopping – A variety of jewelry and gift boutiques are available.
Showers – Available in the Gold Smile VIP Lounge.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Foz do Iguaçu airport is served by the following airlines: Aerolíneas Argentinas • LATAM • Andes • GOL.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental companies can be found at the airport: Avis • Hertz • Localiza • Unidas • Movida.
Public bus line 120 links the airport to Foz do Iguaçu and city center.
Metered taxis are available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.