Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Jacksonville Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Free WiFi access so I can upload this message and surf the net all night til I fall asleep. – Marky Mark
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us about their time at Jacksonville International Airport.
What to expect
Jacksonville International Airport consists of a bright, modern terminal with two concourses (A and C). There are plenty of eateries and shops in both concourses and in the pre-security terminal area. With the exception of a bar, and Starbucks, most of these services close down by 9:00PM, so plan accordingly. WiFi is available, and there are plenty of outlets throughout the airport for charging mobile devices. Additional comfort can be found through fee-based access to the airport’s first-class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
After security checkpoints close for the night, all passengers are restricted to the landside areas, and must re-clear security the next day when the checkpoints open. Airport staff and security are generally accommodating to overnight sleepers. There are plenty of padded, armrest free benches and cushioned chairs in the main lobby and food court areas. Consider bringing eyeshades, earplugs/noise-cancelling headphones and travel mat/sleeping bag to improve your chances of a decent sleep. For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel at the airport, and others within a quick shuttle ride. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Jacksonville Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville Airport – Located on JAX airport property, just 200 yards from the main terminal. Free 24-hour airport shuttle service. » Check Rates
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) Located on JAX airport property. Free 24-hour airport shuttle service. Shuttle also goes to cruise port upon request ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Jacksonville Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Jacksonville Airport. Connect to the “JAX-Free-Wifi” network.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – A Lactation Suite is available airside, near the food court.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour food concessions. These options are available and operate on varying schedules:
- Landside: Burger King • Sam Snead’s • Starbucks • The Great American Bagel
- Airside: Auntie Anne’s Pretzels • Chilli’s Too • Ciao Gourmet Market • Firehouse Subs • PGA Tour Grill • Sbarro • Shula Burger • Starbucks (x2) • The Local • Vino Volo
- Information Desk – The pre-security courtyard information desk is staffed by volunteer “Ambassadors”, and often staff earlier than and later than the times indicated. Ambassadors also staff an airside podium near the (centrally located) food court between concourses. Locations: pre-security courtyard, just after Check-In. Hours: 5:00AM – 6:00PM. There is also a Welcome Center (Baggage Claim area) available that may be of assistance. Hours: 9:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts (Smarte Cartes) are available in the baggage claim area as well as the hourly and daily parking garages. Rates: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Mobile Charging – There are numerous USB charging outlets, as well as electrical outlets for charging mobile devices, in the landside upper level seating area and in the food court area, as well as throughout the seating area in the two departure airside concourses.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, in the pre-security courtyard (just after Check-In) • Airside • Baggage Claim.
Prayer & Meditation
- Meditation Room – A Meditation Room is located landside, between ticketing and the pre-security courtyard.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – The landside courtyard seating includes approximately 18 rocking chairs.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is not available. A limited variety of retail and gift shops are available. Best Buy and Benefits Cosmetics has 24-hour kiosks, but all other shops are closed by 9:00PM at the latest.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
- Spa – Comfort Zone Spa. Location: Airside and Landside. Hours: 8:00AM – 7:00PM.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Art exhibits are on display landside, airside, and in Baggage Claim. The main attraction is the Haskell Art Gallery, located airside in the center courtyard. Also available in the center courtyard is live entertainment, with shows from 11:00AM – 4:00PM.
- Entertainment – Time for a movie? In-Motion Entertainment offers rental services. Location: Airside. Near Concourse C.
- Live Music – live music almost daily (the hours vary) performed by professionals who volunteer their time and talents. For example, “The River City Music Man”, Roger Glover, performs Bobby Short / Nat King Cole style, Sundays from approximately noon to 6 or 7 p.m.
The airport is open 24 hours. The TSA Security Checkpoint opens at 4:30AM and closes after the last flight.
As of December 2018, Jacksonville airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • Allegiant Air • American Airlines • Delta Air Lines • Frontier • JetBlue Airways • Silver Airways • Southwest Airlines • United Airlines.
The following onsite car rental agencies are located near the baggage claim area: Alamo/National • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport transportation service as a courtesy to their guests. Here are a few hotels offering airport shuttle service: Aloft Jacksonville Airport • Comfort Suites Airport • Courtyard Jacksonville Airport/Northeast • Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport Hotel • Days Inn Jacksonville Airport • Doubletree by Hilton Jacksonville Airport • Econo Lodge • Fairfield Inn & Suites Jacksonville Airport • Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville-Airport • Hilton Garden Inn Jacksonville Airport • Holiday Inn Express & Suites Jacksonville Airport • Hyatt Place Jacksonville Airport • Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites • Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport • SpringHill Suites Jacksonville Airport
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are available outside of the baggage claim area on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and no reservations are required. For safety reasons, do not accept rides from solicitors inside of the airport. Rides can be arranged at the Taxi, Limousine and Shared-Ride Booths located at the curb outside of baggage claim area.
Last updated: 2019-04-14
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.