Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Jacksonville Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Free WiFi access so I can upload this message and surf the net all night til I fall asleep. – Marky Mark
JAX Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Jacksonville International Airport.
What to expect
Jacksonville Airport (code: JAX) consists of a bright, modern terminal with two concourses (A and C). There are plenty of eateries and shops in both concourses and in the pre-security terminal area. With the exception of a bar, and Starbucks, most of these services close down by 9:00PM, so plan accordingly. WiFi is available, and there are plenty of outlets throughout the airport for charging mobile devices. Additional comfort can be found through fee-based access to the airport’s first-class lounge. See Airport Lounges in the guide below.
Sleeping in Jacksonville Airport
After security checkpoints close for the night, all passengers are restricted to the landside areas, and must re-clear security the next day when the checkpoints open. Airport staff and security are generally accommodating to overnight sleepers. There are plenty of padded, armrest free benches and cushioned chairs in the main lobby and food court areas. Consider bringing eyeshades, earplugs/noise-cancelling headphones and travel mat/sleeping bag to improve your chances of a decent sleep. For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel at the airport, and others within a quick shuttle ride. See Airport Hotels in the below or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
Some airport reviews and tips in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Jacksonville Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels near Jacksonville Airport that provide free airport shuttles:
With Covid restrictions constantly changing, we recommend that you confirm shuttle availability prior to booking and/or prior to your arrival.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville Airport – Located on JAX airport property, just 200 yards from the main terminal. You can walk or take the free 24-hour airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jacksonville Airport – Free 24-hour airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Springhill Suites Jacksonville Airport – Free airport shuttle is available from 5:00AM – 12:00AM. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels near Jacksonville Airport that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!Passes The Club JAX – Location: Concourse A, Airside, near Gate A1. Showers are available. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
Airline Lounges (members only)
Delta Sky Club – Location: Concourse A. Lounge Access: Elite Status • Delta Sky Club Membership.
USO Lounge – The USO offers a lounge that is free of charge to active members of the US military and their families. Location: Main terminal First Floor.
Related Pages: Jacksonville Airport Lounges
Airport WiFi / Internet
Free WiFi is available at Jacksonville Airport. Connect to the “JAX-Free-Wifi” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Business Center – The airport has a spacious meeting room available for rent. The room comes equipped with executive chairs, board-style table, internet access, computer hook-up and full video/teleconferencing capabilities.
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – A Lactation Suite is available airside, near the food court.
Food & Drinks
- Drinking Water – Public drinking fountains are available adjacent to all restrooms.
- Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour food concessions. These options are available and operate on varying schedules:
- Landside: Sam Snead’s • Starbucks
- Airside: Auntie Anne’s Pretzels • Chilli’s Too • Ciao Gourmet Market • Firehouse Subs • PGA Tour Grill • Sbarro • Shula Burger • Starbucks (x2) • The Local • Vino Volo
- Information Desk – The pre-security courtyard information desk is staffed by volunteer “Ambassadors”, and often staff earlier than and later than the times indicated. Ambassadors also staff an airside podium near the (centrally located) food court between concourses. Locations: pre-security courtyard, just after Check-In. Hours: 5:00AM – 6:00PM. There is also a Welcome Center (Baggage Claim area) available that may be of assistance. Hours: 9:00AM – 10:00PM.
- Baggage Carts – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage carts (Smarte Cartes) are available in the baggage claim area as well as the hourly and daily parking garages. Rates: unknown.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
- Mobile Charging – There are numerous USB charging outlets, as well as electrical outlets for charging mobile devices, in the landside upper level seating area and in the food court area, as well as throughout the seating area in the two departure airside concourses.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, in the pre-security courtyard (just after Check-In) • Airside • Baggage Claim.
Prayer & Meditation
- Meditation Room – A Meditation Room is located landside, between ticketing and the pre-security courtyard.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – The landside courtyard seating includes approximately 18 rocking chairs.
Take precaution even when sleeping in the rest zones. In December 2019, a traveller at another airport reported that money and credit cards had been stolen from their bag even though the bag was right beside them. Protect and lock your bags as you would sleeping elsewhere in public.
- Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is not available. A limited variety of retail and gift shops are available. Best Buy and Benefits Cosmetics has 24-hour kiosks, but all other shops are closed by 9:00PM at the latest.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
- Spa – Comfort Zone Spa. Location: Airside and Landside. Hours: 8:00AM – 7:00PM.
Things to do & see
- Art in the Airport – Art exhibits are on display landside, airside, and in Baggage Claim. The main attraction is the Haskell Art Gallery, located airside in the center courtyard.
- Entertainment – Time for a movie? In-Motion Entertainment offers rental services. Location: Airside. Near Concourse C.
- Live Music – live music almost daily (the hours vary) performed by professionals who volunteer their time and talents. For example, “The River City Music Man”, Roger Glover, performs Bobby Short / Nat King Cole style, Sundays from approximately noon to 6 or 7 p.m.
The airport is open 24 hours. The TSA Security Checkpoint opens at 4:30AM and closes after the last flight.
Jacksonville airport is served by the following airlines: Allegiant Air • American Airlines • Breeze Airways • Delta Air Lines • Frontier • JetBlue Airways • Sun Country • Southwest Airlines • United Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following onsite car rental agencies are located near the baggage claim area: Alamo/National • Avis • Budget • Dollar • Enterprise • Hertz • Thrifty.
Several area hotels provide airport shuttle service: Comfort Suites Airport • Courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville Airport Northeast • Crowne Plaza Jacksonville Airport/I-95N • Days Inn • DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel • Fairfield Inn & Suites • Hampton Inn & Suites • Hilton Garden Inn • Holiday Inn Express & Suites • Home2 Suites By Hilton • Jacksonville Plaza Hotel & Suites • Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham • Quality Inn Airport • Residence Inn by Marriott • SpringHill Suites by Marriott.
See also Airport Hotels above.
Taxis and Shuttles
Taxis and shared-ride shuttles are available outside of the baggage claim area on a 24-hour basis. All taxis are metered, and no reservations are required. For safety reasons, do not accept rides from solicitors inside of the airport. Rides can be arranged at the Taxi, Limousine and Shared-Ride Booths located at the curb outside of baggage claim area.
Last updated: 2022-08-01
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.