Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Jersey Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
JER Airport Overview
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Jersey Airport.
What to Expect
Jersey Airport (code: JER) has a small terminal that handles year-round and seasonal European routes. Facilities include two to-go eateries, a restaurant, a pub, and a few small shops, which all operate according to the day’s scheduled flights. Free WiFi helps pass the time. For added comfort while you wait, economy class passengers can pay to enter an airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the guide below for location and access information.
Sleeping in Jersey Airport
Spending the night here is not possible, as the airport closes nightly from 9:00PM until 5:45AM (summer) and 7:00AM (winter). For uninterrupted sleep, nearby hotels offer shuttle service. See the Airport Hotels section below for locations or read some traveller airport reviews for more tips.
Some airport reviews and tips in this guide and elsewhere on the site were written before March 2020 and may no longer be valid. To help us keep this guide up-to-date, you can add or update information or write a review to submit airport tips and photos.
For more airport information continue scrolling down to explore more in our Jersey Airport Guide.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. For more information on Europe’s Schengen Area, click here.
If sleeping in the airport sounds like a nightmare, there are hotels near Jersey Airport:
With Covid restrictions constantly changing, we recommend that you confirm shuttle availability prior to booking and/or prior to your arrival.
- Hotel La Place – No airport shuttle » Check Rates
- La Haule Manor – No airport shuttle. A taxi costs approx. £10. » Check Rates
For more options, visit Tripadvisor to see a list of hotels on Jersey, search deals and read traveller reviews.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!Passes Executive Lounge – Location: Airside, near Gate 3. Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge pass • Lounge membership programs.
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounge listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
- Blue Islands Lounge (for Blue Island and Aurigny passengers only).
Related Pages: Jersey Airport Lounges
Free WiFi is available at Jersey Airport. Connect to the “Sure WiFi Jersey Airport” network. Accept the terms, no personal info required and start surfing.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
- Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s mailbox. Location: Departures, landside, near Check-In. Hours: 6:00AM – 7:00PM.
- SIM Cards – A reader has asked us to include where to buy SIM Cards. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Baby-changing rooms are located landside in the Check-In area, next to the Island Coffee Shop, and airside, immediately after the security checkpoints.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before (or after) their flight, take them to the aviation themed children’s play area. Locations: Landside, in the arrivals terminal.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drink – There are no 24 hour concessions available but you will find options both landside and airside during airport operations.
- Landside: Café Ubé
- Airside: The Bar
- Information Desk – The Customer Relations desk is located in the Departures Terminal, adjacent to the check-in desk. Available 7 days a week during flight hours. During the busy Summer period the airport also staffs Welcome Hosts to assist. You will also find white, “happy to help” phones in the terminal.
- Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge in the landside areas only.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Operated by Ports of Jersey Security. Location: opposite the Coffee Shop in the Departures Terminal. Rates: £3 per item, per 24-hour period.
- Mobile Charging – A reader mentioned that lock boxes are available to charge your devices. Rates: £1.50 for 1 hour or £2 for 2 hours. Locations: unknown. If you know where the chargers are, click here to update this airport guide.
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Airside, Departures lounge, next to WHSmith (dispenses UK Sterling) • Landside, Arrivals Area (dispenses Jersey currency only).
- Currency Exchange – Customer Relations offers foreign currency exchange. There is a limit of £50 per Jersey currency to UK currency transactions. It is highly recommended to call ahead of time to ensure that your currency of choice is available.
- Prayer Rooms – A small chapel is located on the ground floor of the airside departures lounge.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Observation Area – Plane spotters can watch the action on the runway at the viewing area located on the first floor.
- Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
- TV Lounge – A tv lounge is located airside, in the departure area.
- Duty Free & Shopping – World Duty Free is open airside to departing passengers from 5:45AM until the final departing flight. Other shops include: WHSmith • Jersey Pearl • La Mare Wine Estate.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking Area – Smoking is prohibited within the terminals. The designated smoking area is located outside the terminal.
Other Airport Services
- Disabled Services – Passengers must contact their airline a minimum of 48 hours in advance. Within the airport, there are handicap parking spots, elevators, hard of hearing induction loops, handicap toilets and special assistance waiting areas.
The airport is open 5:45AM – 9:30PM (Summer) • 5:45AM – 9:00PM (Winter).
Jersey airport is served by the following airlines: Aer Lingus • Aurigny • British Airways • EasyJet • Eurowings • Eastern Airways • FlyDirect • Lufthansa • Loganair. Note: Some airlines only serve the airport with seasonal flights.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Bus 15 runs between JER airport and Liberation Station in St. Helier, via Red Houses and St. Aubin. Total trip time is 30 minutes. For route map, schedule and fare information, visit the Liberty Bus website.
The following car rental agencies have desk in airport departures. • Avis • Europcar • Hertz. All cars must be pre-booked as passengers will not be able to hire cars upon arrival.
See also Airport Hotels above.
Taxis are readily available at the taxi rank located in front of the Arrivals terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. However taxis can also be pre-booked, and pick up passengers at a designated area located behind the Arrivals car park. At the time of update, one-way fare between the airport and St. Helier is £15.
Last updated: 2022-08-01
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.