Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Jersey Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Jersey Airport.
What to Expect
- The airport’s terminal has been rebuilt and renovated in the last 20 years.
- The few eateries and cafes generally open early and close with the last departing flight.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounge. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have used this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program. Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If you are a First or Business Class traveller you may have access to the lounge listed below. For more information, check the airline’s web site.
- Blue Islands Lounge (for Blue Island and Aurigny passengers only).
If sleeping in Jersey Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel La Place – (4 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle available for a fee (must be pre-arranged). » Check Rates
- St. Brelade’s Bay Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel suggests Bus No 12a for £2.00 each way or take a taxi for £10.00 each way. » Check Rates
- La Haule Manor – (10 minutes from the airport) Free roundtrip airport transfers. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Jersey Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Jersey Airport. Connect to the “Sure WiFi Jersey Airport” network. Accept the terms, no personal info required and start surfing.
- Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards at the airport’s mailbox. Location: Departures, landside, near Check-In. Hours: 6:00AM – 7:00PM.
- WiFi – see “Airport WiFi/Internet” above.
- Baby Care Facilities – Baby-changing rooms are located landside in the Check-In area, next to the Island Coffee Shop, and airside, immediately after the security checkpoints.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before (or after) their flight, take them to the aviation themed children’s play area. Locations: Landside, in the arrivals terminal.
Food & Drinks
- Food & Drink – There are no 24 hour concessions available but you will find options both landside and airside during airport operations.
- Landside: Rapide (Departures. Hours: 5:45AM – last flight) • Rapide (Arrivals. Hours: 7:30AM – last flight.
- Airside: The Jersey Larder (Hours: 5:45AM – last flight) • The Bar (Hours: 9:00AM – last flight except Sunday when it opens at 9:00AM).
- Information Desk – The Customer Relations desk is located in the Departures Terminal, adjacent to the check-in desk. Available 7 days a week during flight hours. During the busy Summer period the airport also staffs Welcome Hosts to assist. You will also find white, “happy to help” phones in the terminal.
- Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge in the landside areas only.
- Luggage Storage & Lockers – Operated by G4S. Location: opposite the Island Coffee Shop in the Departures Terminal. Rates: £3 per item, per 24-hour period.
- Medical Services – There is an unmanned First Aid station located Airside in the Departures lounge if you are feeling ill. You can also pick up a white courtesy phone if you need medical assistance at any time.
- Pharmacy – Healthspan sells nutritional and health products. Hours: 8:00AM – 6:00PM
- Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, write a review or email us at [email protected]
- ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Airside, in the Departures lounge, next to WHSmith (dispenses UK Sterling) and Landside (dispenses Jersey currency only).
- Currency Exchange – Customer Relations offers foreign currency exchange. There is a limit of £50 per Jersey currency to UK currency transactions. It is highly recommended to call ahead of time to ensure that your currency of choice is available.
- Prayer Rooms – A small chapel is located on the ground floor of the airside departures lounge.
Rest & Relaxation
- Hotels – see “Airport Hotels” above.
- Lounges – see “Airport Lounges” above.
- Rest Zones – Not available.
- Duty Free & Shopping – World Duty Free is open airside to departing passengers from 5:45AM until the final departing flight. Other shops include a WHSmith, a local food store (wine, chocolate) and a pearl shop.
Showers, Salon & Spa
- Showers – Not available.
- Smoking Area – Smoking is prohibited within the terminals. The designated smoking area is located outside the terminal.
Other Airport Services
- Disabled Services – Passengers must contact their airline a minimum of 48 hours in advance. Within the airport, there are handicap parking spots, elevators, hard of hearing induction loops, handicap toilets and special assistance waiting areas.
The airport is open 5:45AM – 9:00PM (Summer) • 7:00AM – 9:00PM (Winter)
As of February 2018, Jersey airport is served by the following airlines: easyJet • Flybe • Aer Lingus • British Airways.
Bus 15 runs between the airport and Liberation Station in St. Helier, via Red Houses and St. Aubin. Total trip time is 30 minutes. For route map, schedule and fare information, visit the Liberty Bus website.
Avis, Europcar and Hertz are available offer car rental service onsite.
Taxis are readily available at the taxi rank located in front of the Arrivals terminal. All taxis are metered, and reservations are not required. However taxis can also be pre-booked, and pick up passengers at a designated area located behind the Arrivals car park. At the time of this December 2017 update, one-way fare between the airport and St. Helier is £12.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.