Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Kangerlussuaq Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Although the airport is nice and quiet, you can’t sleep there overnight because the airport closes. – Jan
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kangerlussuaq Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny and quiet single-terminal airport. Dining options are available in a hotel located inside the airport terminal.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel inside the airport and other nearby hotels. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in Kangerlussuaq Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Kangerlussuaq – Located inside the main terminal building. » Check Rates
- Polar Lodge – (2 minute walk from the airport) No Airport transfers are available.. Located 100 meters from the airport. » Check Rates
- Old Camp – (1.25 miles from the airport) A rustic budget hostel. Airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotel deals in Kangerlussuaq on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Kangerlussuaq Airport. Connect to the “Tele Greenland’s Tele Point” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Exact hours are unknown, but this airport closes at night.
As of February 2018, Kangerlussuaq airport is served by the following airlines: Air Greenland • Air Iceland.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Metered taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.