Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Kano Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Tranquility did not last long and reality of fighting off the trolley hustlers kicked in as soon as entered the baggage reclaim area. – unknown
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport.
What to Expect
- An international airport with separate domestic and international terminals. Facilities are very basic, with not much available for shopping or dining.
- Guard your personal belongings against the aggressive baggage “handlers” that await arriving passengers near the baggage claim area.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm details on the airport’s VIP business lounge. If you know, please write a review or email us at [email protected]
If sleeping in Kano Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Green Palace Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Tahir Guest Palace – (15 minutes from the airport) The hotel can arrange third party airport shuttle is available upon request ($). » Check Rates
- Prince Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel can arrange a taxi pick-up at a cost of N4,000 each way. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Kano Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. At the time of this update, we are unable to confirm the availability of any 24-hour dining options.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Post Office – Yes.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Kano airport is served by the following airlines: Emirates • Turkish Airlines • Air France • Saudia • EgyptAir • Ethiopian Airlines.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey.
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.