Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Kharkiv Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
there are bucket seats available in air-conditioned “waiting room” and I would think that you could snooze there if you felt the need, but be careful, or you could easily miss your bus! – Firemansam
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kharkiv International Airport.
What to Expect
- An international airport with a modern main passenger terminal and an older VIP terminal. There’s a small selection of shopping and dining options available.
- Transportation between terminal and airplane via modern shuttle bus.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
- Free WiFi is is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Kharkiv Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Kalyna – (5 minute walk from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. Call the hotel at 38 (057) 716 40 60 once you have collected your bags and they will meet you at the entrance. » Check Rates
- Hotel Ovis – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request. Cost is 75 UAH each way. » Check Rates
- Druzhba Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available. Service must be booked at least 3 hours in advance. Prices vary by time of day and number of passengers. » Check Rates
- Mercury Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available for a fee. » Check Rates
- City Club Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request. Cost is approx. 200 UAH each way. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kharkiv Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Kharkiv Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Airport Services Office – Located in Terminal A, Office #10, they provide all services related to passengers needs including Business Lounge access passes, interpreter services, etc. Hours: 8:00AM – 7:00PM.
Airport Tours – Find out what happens at the airport during a behind-the-scenes airport tour. The tour provides a glimpse of the old and new terminals, an apron, and a hangar where you will see the aircraft up close. Tours are offered to groups of 10-30 people. Rate: 50 UAH per person.
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Terminal A and VIP Terminal
Currency Exchange – Locations: Terminal A (2 x locations, Landside) and VIP Terminal. Hours: 24 hours.
Duty Free & Shopping – PAVO Duty Free is the only shop available at the airport.
Food & Drinks – All food concessions are open 24 hours: Pilgrim has 2 locations in Terminal A (1st Floor, left wing • 2nd Floor, right wing) and Polet can be found in the VIP Terminal (the restaurant is accessible to all travellers).
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Available for 90 hryvnias regardless of size of locker. Location: Terminal A (left wing). Hours: Open 24 hours.
Luggage Wrapping – Available for an unknown fee. Location: Terminal A, landside, opposite the check-in counters.
Medical Services – Urgent and emergency medical care is available at the First Aid station. Ask an airport staff member for assistance.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, write a review or email us at [email protected]
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of February 2018, Kharkiv airport is served by the following airlines: Kharkiv Airlines • Turkish Airlines • Lufthansa • Air France • LOT.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Avis and Sixt have car rental agencies available onsite. Offices are located on the 1st Floor of Terminal A.
The airport is well connected to the bus and trolley system, offering at least five connections. The public transportation stop is located 200 meters from Terminal A, in front of the Airport Hotel. At the time of this December 2017 update, a single trip on a trolley bus is UAH 3.00, while the fixed route buses cost UAH 6.00-6.50 (payable when boarding the bus). For route options and more information, visit the Kharkiv Airport website.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]