Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Košice Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down of what to expect during your time at Košice Airport.
What to Expect
- The small single terminal connects to several European destinations.
- There is one landside eatery which is open 24 hours.
- Economy class travellers can pay to access one airport lounges. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- A reader (July 2018) tell us that there are 4-5 comfy bean bag chairs and some couches which belong to a cafe but were not locked away at night. All are located Landside.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Košice Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Kosice – (7 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. The hotel can arrange a taxi service for you. Cost is approx. 10,00€ from the airport (for 1,00€ more the driver will wait for you with your name on a sign) and 8,00€ from the hotel. » Check Rates
- Pension Barca – (7 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. A taxi costs approx. 15,00€ each way. » Check Rates
- Muza Hotel & Restaurant – (7 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Košice Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Košice Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Disabled Services – The airport is barrier-free from the car park through to the aircraft. Wheelchairs are available, and handicap toilets are located throughout. Carriers should be informed of any required assistance 48 hours in advance.
Duty Free & Shopping – A duty-free shop and a souvenir shop are available airside. Hours: open according to flight schedule.
Food & Drink – The airport offers options both Landside and Airside, including one 24-hr option.
- Steward Restaurant – Terminal 1. Hours: 8:00AM – 3:00PM (Mon – Fri) and 11:00AM – 2:00PM (Sat & Sun).
- Propeller Bistro – Terminal 2. Hours: vary according to the day of the week with it usually opening at 3:30AM and closing between 8:00PM and 2:00AM.
- Aircafe – a bistro and cafe (Hours: 24 hours)
- Airwine (Hours: according to flight schedule)
- Dolly Bar (Hours: according to flight schedule
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – A reader (July 2018) tells us that there are plugs available beside the comfy bean bag chairs in the Landside.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
According to the airport website “The airport is open 24 hours. In the event of an early-morning flight (delayed flight) it is possible to wait inside the airport”.
As of December 2018, Košice airport is served by the following airlines: Austrian Airlines • Czech Airlines • Eurowings • LOT • Ryanair (starts Spring 2019) • Smart Wings • Turkish Airlines • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
City bus 23 connects the airport to downtown Košice in a 20 minute journey with stops at the railway and central bus stations as well. For route map, timetable and fare information, visit the IMHD website.
Onsite car rental agencies include Avis, Buchbinder, Budget, DK Auto, Enterprise, Europcar, Hertz and Sixt.
Taxis are available in the ground transportation area of the airport terminal. As of this December 2018 update, flat rate rides between the airport and downtown Košice cost €10.
Last updated: 2018-12-14
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.