Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Kutaisi Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
There are big seats, deep and comfy enough to sleep on them (it’s their purpose, I think). It was pleasure to spend a night there. – a guest reviewer
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, here is a quick run-down about what to expect during your time at Kutaisi International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, quiet and friendly single-terminal international airport, served by few flights. Wizz Air flight service will begin at this airport in September 2016.
Where to Sleep
- Reviewers described their overnight experience as pleasant and restful. There are plenty of deep, comfortable chairs in the terminal, the lights are soft and dimmed at night, and the airport staff is very friendly and accommodating. Seems like the airport was designed with sleeping passengers in mind!
- One reviewer tells us there is an area near the lounges that has 9-12 power outlets, making it convenient for sleeping
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security. Due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, all services and times listed below are subject to change.
As of this update we were unable to confirm the details of this airport’s business lounge. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
If sleeping in Kutaisi Airport does not appeal to you, these are some of the closest hotels to the airport:
- Lux Palace Hotel – (15 minutes from the airport) Airport transfer service is available upon request, 20gel each way. (max 4 person). » Check Rates
- Hotel Aksai – (20 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available on request ($). » Check Rates
- Hotel Continental – (20 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available on request ($). » Check Rates
- Hotel Kutaisi Globus – (26 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available ($). » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Kutaisi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Unlimited free WiFi is available at Kutaisi Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated TBC Pay and Cartu Bank. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Left side of the terminal, near information booth.
Banking Services – Liberty Bank provides full-service banking inside the airport. Location: Right side of terminal, near ticket offices. Hours: 24 hours.
Currency Exchange – Unknown. See Banking section above.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available at the airport.
Food & Drinks – Cafe Mimino is situated at the departure and arrival hall.
Information Desk – Need help finding your way? A 24-hour information desk can be found in the centre of the terminal.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – Protect your bags from theft and damage by having your bags wrapped in plastic. Location: Departure Area. Rate: 10,00/bag.
Mobile Charging – A reader tells us that there 9-12 power outlets near the lounge area.
Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of December 2018, Kutaisi airport is served by the following airlines: S7 • SCAT Airlines • Ukraine International Airlines • Ural Airlines • Vanilla Sky • Wizz Air.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Taxis are available outside the terminal building.
Sixt Rental Cars offers 24-hour service at the airport.
Last updated: 2020-03-05
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.