Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Lagos Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The airport has improved enormously and is tolerable in itself. – a guest traveller
To help you plan your layover, here is a quick run-down of what travellers have reported to us during their time at Lagos Airport.
What to Expect
- There are two terminals: MMA1 (government run) and MMA2 (privately run).
- Most travellers who visited MMA1 reported on the poor facilities of this airport: bathrooms are dirty, food sanitation is questionable, and there is reportedly poor/limited air conditioning, despite its hot, malarial-prone temperatures.
- Several travellers reported instances of being asked for bribes, handouts, etc., from airport staff and security. An official from MMA2 contacted us regarding this matter and they say “Our security staff (AVSEC) as well as all security officials in our terminal are aware of our policy, which states, asking for bribes or handouts result in disciplinary actions, hence they don’t participate in such activities.”
- Economy class travelers can buy a pass and relax in several airport lounges; showers are available in some. See Airport Lounges in the airport guide below for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- We don’t have many reports from travellers who have spent the night. A few travellers reported that the domestic hall is quieter overnight than the international terminal.
- For uninterrupted sleep, several hotels are located near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there are lounges that you can enter by purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
Llegada Arrival Lounge (Wing D) – Location: International Terminal, Landside, Wing D, opposite the Baggage Hall. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Llegada Arrival Lounge (Wing E) – Location: International Terminal, Landside, Wing E, to the right of the Arrival Hall. Showers are available. Hours: open 24 hours. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
Passes Gabfol Lounge (Arik Air Wing) – Location: Domestic Terminal, Airside, Arik Air Wing. Showers are available ($). Lounge Access: Prepaid lounge passes • Lounge membership programs. [ more lounge info ]
If sleeping in Lagos Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Blue Lodge Hotel – (located 300m from the airport) Free roundtrip airport shuttle is available from 8:00AM – 5:00PM Monday to Friday. Outside these hours you can arrange a taxi for approx. N2,500.00 each way. Day use rooms available starting at N15,000.00 for a maximum of 6 hours. » Check Rates
- Golden Tulip Essential Lagos Airport Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Ibis Lagos Airport – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Lagos Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Lagos Airports inside the lounges. At the time of this update, we have no information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the airport. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs, provided by Zenith, are available 24-hours a day. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: Arrivals Area.
Baby Care Facilities – Washrooms are equipped with baby changing facilities.
Banking Services – Zenith Bank has a branch at the airport. Location: Arrivals Area. Hours: 8:00AM – 4:00PM (Mon – Fri).
Currency Exchange – We do not have any information about whether any exchange services are available; however, the Zenith Bank could be of assistance (see Banking Services).
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available in the International Terminal. A small selection of sops are also available including a Spar Supermarket which may come in handy for drinks and snacks. Location: Multi-story car park. Hours: 8:00AM – 9:00PM (Mon – Sat) and 10:00AM – 9:00PM (Sun).
Food & Drinks – At the time of this update, there are no 24 hour food concessions available at the airport. Here are some of the food options: Barcelos (Hours: 6:00AM – 10:00PM) • KFC (Hours: 7:00AM – 9:00PM) • Old Country (6:00AM – 9:00PM) • The Promise • Umutu Coffee (Hours: 6:00AM – 9:00PM).
Information Desk – An Information Desk can be found in the arrivals area.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Post Office – Send your last minute post cards and packages from the post office. Location: International Terminal.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are are available in a few of the lounges. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of March 2018, Lagos airport is served by the following airlines: Air Peace • Delta • Air France • Royal Air Maroc • KLM • Turkish Airlines • Qatar Airways • British Airways • Emirates • EgyptAir • Lufthansa • Ethiopian Airlines • Etihad Airways.
Europcar and Hertz offer car rental services onsite.
Flat-rate taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.