Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Larnaca Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
With such a beautiful country as Cyprus I would have never expected such a bad-serviced airport. -Nikita
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Larnaca International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, modern international airport with one main passenger terminal. The airport facilities are clean and there is a limited variety of shops and restaurants, including some 24 hour options!
- Long, slow lines due to inefficient airport procedures.
- Free WiFi is available. See WiFi in the airport guide below.
- Economy class passengers can pay to enter the airport’s first class lounge. See our Airport Lounges section for locations and rates.
Where to Sleep
- Armrest-free metal benches are available landside, or if you have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy, there is some quiet, empty floor space behind a room near the exit doors on the upper level.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Larnaca Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Pasianna Hotel Apartments – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available for a fee.
» Check Rates
- Flamingo Beach Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) No Airport transfers are available. A taxi costs approx. 15,00€ each way.
» Check Rates
- San Remo Hotel – (10 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. A taxi costs approx. 12-15.00€ depending on time of flight.
» Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Larnaca Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Larnaca airport. Connect to the “Larnaka International Airport Wi-Fi” network.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations:
- Landside: Check-in (near the banks) • Baggage Reclaim area • Near Information Desk
- Airside: near Gate 25 • Retail area, next to Central Bar.
Currency Exchange – There are two bank branches that offer currency exchange and basic banking services. Locations: Departures, Level 2, Check-In Area, Landside • Arrivals, Level 0, Airside. Hours: unknown.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available. If you will be returning to the airport, you can take advantage of the airport’s free “Shop & Collect” service, which stores your purchases until you return to the airport.
Family Services – Travelling with small children?
- Baby Care Facilities – changing facilities are available in all washrooms throughout the airport.
- Breastfeeding Facilities – the following airport washroom baby changing facilities are also equipped with a folding stool and charging outlet for breast pumps: Check-in Area, Level 2, near Special Luggage Drop Off • Airside, near Gate 2, Level 2 • Baggage Reclaim Area, near Carousel 1.
- Children’s Play Area – When you want to ensure your kids burn off all their energy before their flight, take them to the children’s play area. Location: Landside and Airside.
- Book Express Lane – Get your family through the formalities quicker. See Fast Track Service below.
Fast Track Service – As a premium service, customers with Express Lane security passes will be given priority service to ensure that waiting is kept to a minimum. Cost: €3,50 when booked online.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. These options are open 24 hours:
» Departures, landside, Level 2 (only during Jul-Oct): Segafredo Espresso
» Departures, airside, Level 2 (only during Jul-Oct): Atrium Bar Bistro • Caffe Ritazza • Camden Food Co. • Costa Coffee • Food Village
» Departures, airside, Level 2 (year-round): Panopolis
» Arrivals, landside, Level 0 (year-round): Flo Cafe
Information Desk – Need help finding your way? Information desks can be found in both the departures and arrivals area.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Luggage storage is available for a period of up to 4 days (96 hours). Rates run from € 8.00 per piece of luggage (up to 3 hours) to € 38.00 per piece (up to 96 hours), or € 16.00 – € 54.00 per piece for oversized luggage. Location: “Special Baggage Counter” at the Check-in area, landside, Level 2.
Luggage Wrapping – Safe-Sac luggage wrapping service is available in the Check-in area. Fee: unknown.
Mobile Charging – A reader (July 2018) tells us that power outlets are available on the lower level, near the washrooms and Costa Coffee.
Porter Service – Need extra arms to carry your luggage? A porter and trolley are on hand to assist you for a €10 fee.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Showers are available in the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ]
Spa & Salon Services – Melt away the stress of travel with a little “me time” at Xpress Spa. Express massage, mani / pedi, and more are available. Location: Departures, airside, across from Gate 23.
The airport is open 24 hours.
As of December 2018, Larnaca airport is served by the following airlines: Adria Airways • Aegean Airlines • Air Baltic • Air Moldova • Air Serbia • Alitalia • Arkia Airlines • Armenia Air • Austrian • Azur Airlines • Belavia • Blue Air • Bravo Airways • Brussels Airlines • BH Air • British Airways • Bulgari Air • Bulgarian Air Charter • Croatia Airlines • Condo • Cyprus • Danish Air Transport • easyJet • Edelweiss • Egyptair • El Al Israel Airlines • Emirates • Enter Air • Eurowings • Germania • Gulf Air • Helvetic • Israir Airlines • Jet Time • Jet 2 • LOT • Lufthansa • Mahan Air • Middle East Airlines • Neos Air • Nordwind Airlines • Norwegian • PJSC Aeroflot • Pegas Fly • Pobeda • Qatar Airways • Qeshm Air • Royal Jordanian • Rossiya Airlines • Ryanair • SAS • Small Planet Airlines • S7 • Smartwings • Tarom • NordStar • Thomas Cook Airlines • TUI Airways • Transavia • Tus Airways • Ukraine International Airlines • Ural Airlines • Vueling • Windrose • Wizz Air • Yanair • Yamal Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Public buses and airport shuttles are available to/from the airport. Check the airport website or inquire at the information desk.
Several companies offer rentals cars: Astra/Petsas • Avis/Budget • Europcar • Hertz • Sixt.
Taxis are available 24-hours a day, just outside the Arrivals Hall on Level 0. The airport offers suggested rates, for more information visit the Larnaca Airport website
Last updated: 2019-01-03
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.