Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Leh Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
GLARING flourescent lighting, disgusting & stinking bathroom with no toilet paper, terrible seating – broken, hard bucket seats… – rustan8
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, rustic single-terminal regional airport in a politically-sensitive area. Amenities and services are very basic. There are no real dining options, so bring your own food and beverage.
- Bathrooms are filthy and lack toilet paper, so bring your own toilet paper and hand sanitizer.
- No heat in the winter and no air-conditioning during the summer. The terminal is either freezing cold or uncomfortably hot, so dress accordingly!
- Harsh fluorescent lighting and hard seats with armrests make for an uncomfortable wait!
Where to Sleep
- As of December 2018, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
If sleeping in Leh Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Caravan Center – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel. » Check Rates
- Hotel Cho Palace – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available upon request (via email). » Check Rates
- The Kaal – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers can be arranged directly through the hotel. Email your flight information and they will arrange the pick-up. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Leh Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
At the time of this update, there is no WiFi at this airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available free of charge.
Food / Drink – There is a snack bar and coffee/tea concessions.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
While it appears that this airport is open 24 hour, as of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide.
As of December 2018, Leh airport is served by the following airlines: Air India • GoAir • Jet Airways • SpiceJet • Vistara.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Taxis and auto-rickshaws are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2019-01-03
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.