Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Liberia Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The bathrooms remind you of a jail (as there are bars on the windows and it’s completely painted white) – Venus
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Liberia Airport.
What to Expect
- This newer (2007) airport has recently finished an expansion (November 2017) to keep up with the increase in travellers.
- Food is very expensive here, so bring your own snacks and beverages!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of January 2019, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Recent reviewers do mention that sleeping overnight does not seem possible, as most of the airport staff leaves the airport after the last flight of the day. During slow season, airport staff leave as early as 1:00PM. Write a review to help future travelers.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there is a hotel on airport grounds. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
- VIP Lounge Liberia – Location: Airside, after Passport Control, 2nd Floor. Lounge Access: Lounge membership programs.
If sleeping in Liberia Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hilton Garden Inn Liberia Airport – Located in front of the airport. A free airport shuttle service runs every 10 mins after each flight arrival. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Liberia Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFi is available at Liberia Airport for a fee. Free WiFi in the Airside Café with purchase.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Machines are operated by Scotiabank. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Location: Landside, near Main Entrance.
Currency Exchange – Global Exchange – Location: Landside (Departures Hall) / Airside (Arrivals Hall). Hours: 6:00AM – 8:00PM (Departures) and 8:00AM – 10:00PM (Arrivals).
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available for departing and arriving passengers.
Food & Drinks – There is a restaurant (not open 24 hours).
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Pharmacy – Sky Pharmacy and Sundries is available at the airport. Hours and locaiton are unknown.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 08:00 AM until the last flight.
As of December 2018, Liberia airport is served by the following airlines: Aeroméxico Connect • Air Canada • Air Transat • Alaska Airlines • American Airlines • Atlas Air • Avianca • Copa Airlines • Delta • JetBlue Airways • Miami Air • Nature Air • Sansa Regional • Southwest • Sunwing Airlines • Sun Country Airlines • Thomson Travel • United Airlines • WestJet • World Atlantic.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental companies can be found at the airport: Avis • Budget • Economy.
If you are travelling light, buses between the Liberia Airport and Liberia City run on the hour, every hour from 5:00AM – 9:00PM. From the city center you can connect to onward travel.
Private and shared taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
Last updated: 2019-01-03
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.