Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Lome Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Everything is rush but tolerable and people are civil but dont expect duty free to be open even at night when 3 or 4 international flights are leaving, but its an OK, safe airport – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Gnassingbé Eyadéma International Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal international airport with limited shopping and dining options.
- Boarding announcements done by shouted voice only, so in case you don’t hear the announcement, pay attention to lines forming at the gate around the expected time of departure of your flight.
- One reviewer described this airport as one of the most efficient airports in Africa, with speedy and hassle-free handling of departing, arriving and transiting passengers.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
- Salon Koromsa – Location: Arrival Hall, Landside. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Salon Plus – Location: Arrival Hall, Landside. Hours: open 24 hours.
- Salon Solidarite – Location: Arrival Hall, Landside. Hours: open 24 hours.
If sleeping in Lome Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hotel Napoleon Lagune – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Residence Hoteliere Ocean – (10 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available upon request. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Lome Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Lome Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Lome airport is served by the following airlines: Ethiopian Airlines • Air Côte d’Ivoire • Air France • Asky • Brussels Airlines • Ceiba Intercontinental • Air Burkina • Kenya Airways • Royal Air Maroc • TAP Portugal.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Taxis are available outside the terminal. At the time of the last update, rates to the city center start at 4,000 CFA franc. Destinations beyond the city start at 20,000 CFA franc. Unfortunately at the time of this December 2017 update, we are not able to verify the rates.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.