Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Macapa Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
The airport itself has open doors which are always open (even at night) air conditioning is limited to the airline offices, a small duty free shop and a cafe with overpriced food. – deepg
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Macapá Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, rustic international airport with limited shopping and dining options.
- 24-hour dining is available, but the airport cafe is very expensive! Save money by bringing your own food and beverages.
- With constant foot traffic and airport security all around, the airport feels safe and secure.
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- As of January 2019, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
If sleeping in Macapa Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- San Marino – (3 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Equatorial Hotel – (5 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
- Centro Hotel – (7 minutes from the airport) No airport shuttle. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Macapa Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free WiFi is available at Macapá Airport.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available 24 hours a day. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations:
- Terminal 1: Departure Hall (1F) • Arrival Hall (1F) • Departure Hall (3F) • Arrival Immigration Hall (3F) • B1 bank counters
- Terminal 2: Arrival Hall (1F) • Arrival Immigration Hall (2F) • Departure Hall (3F) • B2.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty Free is available to both International and Domestic passengers due to Mcapa being in a free trade zone. You will also find a magazine shop (Nobel) both Landside and Airside which is open 24 hours.
Food & Drinks – Limited food options are available. Casa do Pão de Queijo is open 24 hours a day in the domestic boarding area on a seasonal basis only, otherwise it is open 11:30AM – 8:50PM and again from 10:00PM – 6:00AM.
Information Desk – Location: Landside, Departures Hall – Hours: Open 24 hours.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Luggage Wrapping – Protec Bag luggage wrapping service is available in the Check-In area. Fee: unknown. Hours: 12:00PM – 4:00PM • 11:00PM – 4:00AM.
Massage Chairs – Available Airside (Domestic). Rates: unknown.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
Travel Agencies – If you are arriving in Macapa and need local arrangements or help planning a really last minute trip abroad, there are a few travel agencies with offices at the airport that can probably be of assistance. Bella Tur and Vacation Specials can be found in the lobby area.
The airport is open 24 hours. Airside is open according to the flight schedule.
As of January 2019, Macapa airport is served by the following airlines: Azul • GOL • LATAM.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The following car rental agencies offer service onsite: Jucar • Locates • Moved.
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey.
Last updated: 2019-01-03
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.