Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Malabo Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
a Military officer told me my flight was cancelled due to warfare raging in the western parts and that I could run for the border or sleep here. – unknown
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Malabo International Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny but modernized single-terminal international airport with very limited shopping and dining options.
- Manual baggage search, as this airport is not equipped with x-ray
- High military and airport security presence.
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
If sleeping in Malabo Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Hilton Malabo – (3 minutes from the airport) Free shuttle service to/from the airport, downtown, and conference center. » Check Rates
- Mango Suites – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available, book with hotel 24 hours in advance. » Check Rates
- Ibis Malabo – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Malabo Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
WiFI is available at Malabo Airport inside the lounge. [ see Airport Lounges above ] At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability elsewhere in the terminal.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Malabo airport is served by the following airlines: Cronos Airlines • Lufthansa • Ethiopian Airlines • Air France • Royal Air Maroc.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport. There are no meters, so negotiate a fare with the driver before starting your journey.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected]