Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Malindi Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
tiny, sweet little airport with snack bar selling hot samosas! Toilets were abominable though. – Felix
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Malindi Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal regional airport with basic facilities and very limited shopping and dining options.
- Restrooms can get filthy!
Where to Sleep
- As of May 2017, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
If sleeping in Malindi Airport does not appeal to you, there are are hotels near the airport:
- Malindi Breeze Resort – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport pick-up. Airport pick-up also available for Mombasa Airport ($). » Check Rates
- African House Resort – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are not available. » Check Rates
- Double Heart Resort – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request ($). » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Malindi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, please write a review or email us at [email protected]
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. We recommend that you read a few reviews before deciding to sleep in the airport overnight. If you know the airport hours, please send an email to [email protected] and we will update this airport guide.
As of February 2018, Malindi airport is served by the following airlines: Emirates • Turkish Airlines • Qatar Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Information currently unavailable. If you are familiar with the modes of ground transportation available at this airport and would like to contribute to this airport guide, please email us at [email protected]
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.