Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Malindi Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
tiny, sweet little airport with snack bar selling hot samosas! Toilets were abominable though. – Felix
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Malindi Airport.
What to Expect
- A small single-terminal regional airport with basic facilities and very limited shopping and dining options.
- Restrooms can get filthy!
Where to Sleep
- As of January 2019, we have no reviews from travellers who have attempted to sleep in this airport. Write a review to help future travellers!
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
If sleeping in Malindi Airport does not appeal to you, there are are hotels near the airport:
- Malindi Breeze Resort – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport pick-up. Airport pick-up also available for Mombasa Airport ($). » Check Rates
- African House Resort – (5 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are not available. » Check Rates
- Double Heart Resort – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is available upon request ($). » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Malindi Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether internet access is available. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
While it appears that this airport closes at night, as of this update, we were unable to confirm airport hours of operation. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide.
As of January 2019, Malindi airport is served by the following airlines: Air Kenya Express • Fly540 • Fly SAX • Jambojet • Mombasa Air Safari.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
If you are familiar with the modes of ground transportation available at this airport, click here to update this airport guide.
Last updated: 2019-01-04
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.