Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Maun Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
Place is closed at Night so you won’t be able to sleep there. – a traveller
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Maun Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, outdated single-terminal airport, used mainly for regional flights and as a gateway for tourists visiting the famous Okavango Delta.
- Shopping and dining options are minimal, and there’s not much to do here, so grab a book or a few magazines for entertainment!
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted inside the airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
As of this update we were unable to confirm whether the airport has any first class or business lounges. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
If sleeping in Maun Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Airport Hotel Maun – Located in front of the airport terminal. Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
- Maun Lodge – (5 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. A driver meets every arriving Air Bostwana flight. » Check Rates
- Cresta Riley’s Hotel – (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport shuttle is available. » Check Rates
To find a cheap room, there is a list of hotels near Maun Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
At the time of this update, we did not have any information about WiFi availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
Children’s Play Areas – Not available.
Food & Drinks – Information not available.
Information Desk – Not available.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – At the time of this update, we did not have any information about mobile charging availability. If you know, click here to update this airport guide.
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
As there are no flights after sunset, it appears that this airport closes at night. If you know the airport hours, click here to update this airport guide.
As of January 2019, Maun airport is served by the following airlines: Air Botswana • Air Link • South African Airways.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Car Rentals – Yes.
Hotel Shuttles – Yes
Public Transportation – Unknown
Taxis – Yes
Last updated: 2019-01-09
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.