Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Maurice Bishop Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
We had to sleep at the floor, but the hospitality of the airport staff and the crew of some of the plains are memories that will last for ever. – The power sister
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Maurice Bishop Airport.
What to Expect
- A tiny international airport with limited facilities and friendly staff. Everything here runs on “island time”, which means don’t expect anything to be done quickly!
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Although no reviewers mentioned a specific place to sleep, the airport is tiny and the benches are hard, so have a sleeping bag or travel mat handy for added comfort.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
Pay-per-use, Single Visit Passes & Lounge Memberships
Regardless of what class of service you are flying, there is a lounge that you can enter by paying at the door, purchasing a lounge pass or through a lounge membership program (ie. Priority Pass). Visit the individual lounge page for more details about the lounge itself and to also find out how you can gain lounge access with just an economy class ticket!
[ update ]
If sleeping in Maurice Bishop Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Grooms Beach Villa & Resort – (1 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are not available. The hotel suggests a taxi for $10.00USD each way. » Check Rates
- La Heliconia – (2 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfer service is available upon request. The service is free between 9:00AM and 5:00PM. Outside of this time frame transfers cost $10.00USD each way. » Check Rates
- The Relax Inn – (3 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers are available upon request. Cost is approx. $10.00USD each way. A driver will meet you with your name on a sign. » Check Rates
- Maca Bana – (3 minutes from the airport) Free airport transfers are available. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Maurice Bishop Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
[ update ]
Free WiFi is available at Maurice Bishop Airport.
[ update ]
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Landside, in the main lobby.
Baby Care Facilities – Baby change facilities are available in all restrooms.
Baggage Trolleys – Need a hand with your luggage? Baggage trolleys are available throughout the landside areas of the terminal. Rate: EC$2.00 per cart.
Currency Exchange – Yes. Grenada Co-operative Bank Ltd. operates in the Departure Lounge / Arrival Hall.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available, along with a variety of gift shops.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate on varying schedules. At the time of this update, there are no 24-hour dining options. Dining options include:
- Landside: Brizan Enterprises • J’s Cafe.
- Airside: Blender Boyz • The Flying High Snack Bar • Spice Isle Coffee.
- Vending machines are also available both landside and airside.
Information Desk – An information desk is available landside on the ground floor, open from 5:30AM – 10:30PM. In addition, an Airport Help Phone offers general airport and hotel information. You can find that phone next to the Tourism Office in the Arrivals Hall.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Mobile Charging – Power up your mobile devices for free, using the Digicel charging station in the Departures lounge.
Postal Services – Drop off your last minute postcards to friends and family from airport’s mailbox. Location: Landside.
Rest Zones – There are no dedicated sleeping areas, quiet areas or rest zones. If this information has changed, click here to update this guide.
Showers – Not available.
[ update ]
The airport is open from 6:00 AM until the last flight (approximately 10:30PM).
[ update ]
As of December 2018, Maurice Bishop airport is served by the following airlines: Air Canada • American Airlines • British Airways • Caribbean Airlines • Delta • JetBlue • LIAT • Saint Vincent/Grenada Air • Virgin Atlantic.
[ update ]
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
The airport is accessible by bus. At the time of this December 2018 update, no further information is available.
These car rental agencies offer service onsite, near the exit of the Arrivals Hall: Hertz • Maitland Car Rentals • Sixt Car Rentals • Y & R Car Rentals.
Fixed-rate taxis are readily available for hire in the ground transportation area of the airport.
[ update ]
Last updated: 2019-03-21
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide: update the airport guide or write a review.