Whether you have a layover, overnight sleepover or you are just quickly passing through, our Menorca Airport Guide is a great place to start planning your visit. Here, you’ll find information on services and facilities available inside the airport – including details about airport lounges, WiFi, mobile charging points, lockers, 24-hour food options, nearby hotels, and everything in between.
I would recommend it, because it was really good fun! -Andrew
To help you plan your layover or overnight sleepover, we are here to give you the low-down on what travellers have reported back to us during their time at Menorca Airport.
What to Expect
- A small, single-terminal airport, served mainly by seasonal international flights. A limited variety of shops and restaurants are available,
- WiFi is available. See WiFi information in the airport guide below.
Where to Sleep
- Overnight stays are not permitted in this airport.
- For uninterrupted sleep, there are hotels near the airport. See Airport Hotels in the airport guide below.
In this guide we may refer to locations as “landside” and “airside”. Landside is the public area of the terminal located in the non-secure zone, before security. Airside is the secure area of the terminal that you must reach by going through security.
There are no pay-per-use lounges in the airport.
If sleeping in Menorca Airport does not appeal to you, there are hotels near the airport:
- Matchani Gran – (9 minutes from the airport) Airport shuttle is not available. » Check Rates
- Llucmacanes Gran Agroturismo – (10 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel when a driver is available and depending on size of group. » Check Rates
- Hotel Son Tretze – (12 minutes from the airport) Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel. » Check Rates
- Binissafullet Vell Agroturismo Menorca – (13 minutes from the airport) The hotel is physically close to the airport, but there is no direct road to the airport. Airport transfers can be arranged through the hotel. » Check Rates
To see more options there is a list of hotels near Menorca Airport on Tripadvisor that can be sorted by price, distance, traveller rating and popularity.
Free unlimited WiFi is available at Menorca Airport. Connect to the “kubiwireless” network. (SSID: Airport_Free_Wifi_AENA).
More Services, Facilities & Things To Do On A Layover At The Airport
ATMs / Cash Machines – Need cash? ATMs are available. Fees may apply, so be sure to check your bank’s fee schedule and your daily withdrawal limit if you are travelling internationally. You may also want to notify your bank of your travel plans. Locations: Arrivals Hall, Floor 0 • Departures Hall, Floor 1.
Children’s Play Area – Location: Boarding Area, Floor 2 (4 locations) • Baggage Claim (2 locations). There is a separate “Children’s Room” located in the Departures Hall, Floor 0.
Duty Free & Shopping – Duty-free shopping is available airside in Departures (Floor 2). A variety of gifts, books, and other merchandise are available for sale at shops located throughout the airport.
Food & Drinks – Food concessions throughout the airport operate with varying schedules. A variety of coffee shops, pubs, and a burger/steak restaurant can be found Landside (2 options) and Airside (6 options).
Information Desk – Location: Check-In, landside, Floor 1.
Luggage Storage & Lockers – Not available.
Pharmacy – Location: Departures, landside, Floor 1. Hours: 9:00AM – 2:00PM and 4:30PM – 8:00PM (Mon-Sun) 9:00AM – 2:00PM (Sat).
Rest Zones – Not available.
Showers – Not available.
The airport is open from 7:00AM – 12:30AM.
As of February 2018, Menorca airport is served by the following airlines: Air Europa • Air Nostrum • Vueling.
Airport Transportation: Getting To/From The Airport
Bus line 10 links the airport to the central bus terminal in Mahon from where you can connect to the other bus lines serving the island. Departures are available every 30 minutes from June – September, and hourly all other times. At the time of this December 2017 update, a one-way ticket is €2.60.
The following car rental agencies are available onsite in an area next to the airport terminal: Avis/Budget, Entreprise, Europcar and Hertz.
Taxis are readily available at the taxi rank in front of the Arrivals Hall at the main terminal.
Last updated: 2018-10-23
This guide is for informational purposes only to assist with your planning. All information, including rates and hours, are subject to change at any time without notice. The information in this airport guide is based on information collected and/or received from the airports, lounges, hotels, transportation providers and their web sites. We are not representatives of any of the above mentioned service providers. To report errors or to add/update any items mentioned in the guide, write a review or send an email to [email protected] and we will update this guide.